xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

phpbb question (do i need cutftp)?

there we go! omfg, i didnt see the "edit" thing i didnt even think about clicking that. ok thanks alot i will see f i know how to instal hacks and then if i have any prolems i wil post.thanks alot for your help guys.

Ok you know how it says 'copy" where do i paste that at? it doesnt say find or anything it just says add, and also for the "sql" what do i do with that? thanks.

##-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------#admin/admin_user_bantron.php to admin/admin_user_bantron.phptemplates/subSilver/admin/user_bantron_body.tpl templates/subSilver/admin/user_bantron_body.tpltemplates/subSilver/admin/user_bantron_edit.tpl templates/subSilver/admin/user_bantron_edit.tpltemplates/subSilver/admin/user_bantron_reasons.tpl templates/subSilver/admin/user_bantron_reasons.tpl##-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------#ALTER TABLE phpbb_banlistADD ban_time int(11) default NULL,ADD ban_expire_time int(11) default NULL,ADD ban_by_userid mediumint(8) default NULL,ADD ban_priv_reason text,ADD ban_pub_reason_mode tinyint(1) default NULL,

ok 1 more question, i ant to install cashmod, with a mysql or whatever and i dont knowwhich one to use. there are 2 files that contain something that has to do with editing. so which one do i choise? "sql_222"? or "cm_install_222"?edited: nvm "c," stands for casmod thats the one i need to use. nvm.

One of them should have a .sql extension. That's the one that will execute the SQL queries. The other will have a .txt or whatever extension, that's the one with the true installation extensions.

man this stuf is hard lol it said 15minutes to isntall im like 25% done and its been like 30minutes. lol i have to finish though becuase my memberlist thing is mesed upsince i stoped inbetween. i think i will start with an easier mod. i think i need to get someone to install cashmod for me.

Ok i managed to come up with 2 other questions. The first one is, when they tell you to add the code before or after the code that they tell you to find do they mean to likepress space and then add the code or like press enter and then paste the code in their.Ok and my 2nd question is, you know the hack files? like where the read me and everything is in? what is the 'templates"/image/ etc.. what are those for why are they in the file and what do i do with them?thanks.edited: ok i just tryed to isntal a mod that had 1 file to edit and it worked! lol i can finally do something that isnt automated! thanks alot guys for your help.

here here is another step that i dont really know what to do.

Ok what does this mean?

1. Upload files *  /admin/admin_bank.php *  /templates/*/admin/bank_config_body.tpl *  /templates/*/bank_body.tpl *  /bank.php *  /bank_install.php (Only needed for install) *  /language/lang_english/lang_bank.php * * 2. Run bank_install.php then delete it. * * 3. Execute Steps Below

Where do i upload those files?

and look this is another example of what i dont know what to do.

* Installation * * 1. Create folder shop * * 2. Upload files *  /shop_install.php *  /shop.php *  /shop_bs.php *  /shop_effects.php *  /shop_actions.php *  /shop_inventory.php *  /admin/admin_shop.php *  /templates/*/shop_body.tpl *  /templates/*/shop_inventory_body.tpl *  /templates/*/admin/shop_config_body.tpl *  /shop_install.php *  /shop/images/icon_store_rpg.gif * * 2. Run shop_install.php then delete it. * * 3. Execute Steps Below * * 4. Read the FAQ!

so what i have to do is in the file manager create a folder name "shop hack" or whatever it says then upload the files stated there and then upload that isntal thing and then delete the whole folder? or do i just delete the shop_install.php? and after this i should be alright.

oh yea and when it says crate folder shop do i create the fodler in the File manager or my documents then uplaod that file?

edited: another thing i couldnt figure out what todo with this. so if anyone knows what to do then please tell me.

#-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------ # copy root/templates/subSilver/admin/faq_editor_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/faq_editor_body.tplcopy root/templates/subSilver/admin/faq_block_body.tpl  to templates/subSilver/admin/faq_block_body.tplcopy root/templates/subSilver/admin/faq_quest_body.tpl  to templates/subSilver/admin/faq_quest_body.tplcopy root/templates/subSilver/admin/faq_select_lang_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/faq_select_lang_body.tplcopy root/language/lang_english/lang_admin_faq_editor.php to language/lang_english/lang_admin_faq_editor.php copy root/admin/admin_faq_editor.php to admin/admin_faq_editor.php

how do i copy the 1 file to the other file manager? dont i need like cuteftp or something?

to make things simpler, treat "copy" the same as "upload". thestandard for phppBB mods is the upload path is always written from your phpBB directory root, so start there, and just follow the path, so this

/admin/admin_bank.php

file would go in the admin directory under your phpBB root, and this

/shop.php

would be in the root directory, and this

/shop/images/icon_store_rpg.gif

would go in the shop directory (which you have to create. in cPanels file manager, there is an "upload files" option, but you can only do 12 at a time, so ftp is not required, but handy.

further standards for mods include instructions like "BEFORE, ADD ", "AFTER, ADD", "IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD ", "IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ", and "REPLACE WITH". briefly this is what each means

REPLACE WITH - Replace a piece of code (whatever we "FIND") with this code 

AFTER, ADD - After a piece of code, add this piece of code 

BEFORE, ADD - Before a piece of code, add this piece of code 

IN-LINE FIND - Find a piece of code within a code line 

IN-LINE AFTER, ADD - After a piece of code in a code line, add this piece of code 

IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD - Before a piece of code in a code line, add this piece of code 

(quoted from https://www.phpbb.com/

and you can run the sql queries through phpMyAdmin

oh yea and what is that phpadmin thing? what do i ened that for? and also the sql and stfuf. do i need to create something or should i ignore that?

oh yea and what is that phpadmin thing? what do i ened that for? and also the sql and stfuf. do i need to create something or should i ignore that?

phpmyadmin is atool to manage your mysql database on the web

there is an option to run a sql query froma file. thats where your .sql goes

ok im still confused. so what do i need to do with the phpmyadmin thing?

run the queries so the mod can save data into your database