xisto Community
Zac

My Operating Systems...

i use winxp @ homen use win95, 98se & mostly win2k @ worktrying some mandrake 8.x, 9.x, but 10 is not yet, fedora 3.currently trying rehat 9.0 for webserver using 4 intranet.

i  have windowsxp and am trying to learn linux!
:P

i have never used Linux OS before, but i heard from a friend who uses it that it is kinda difficult to use. more difficult than Windows OS. and he also told me that it is virus free, unlike windows. I think it is a gr8 OS for that matter
linux = unix with difference h/w plattform.
did u ever hear that sun solaris unix attacted by virus? can anybody explain about it?
again, my email at my old hosting with linux-cpanel, often got the attached email that content viruses. is the viruses from linux system will attact win-outlook express, or what? i always deleted them before read if the sender is unknown

hehe..in your face stupid Mandrake! :P I HATE YOU! in 2 days you are out of my system...yeaaa...now i feel better...ill put Slackware probably, or maybe even Debian....but in 2-3 montsh i'll instal FreeBSD! :D

I don't get why people are all over Microsoft and the Windows OS's... I personally think the windows is the best OS, just because it's reliable. Linux is Open-Source, sure! But how reliable is that!! I would prefer to buy and expensive program over something that isn't garanteed to be safe to use. I use Win XP Home Ed. With Avant Web Browser... I like windows a lot more than any other OS. Not to mention, have you ever really seen ANY software for sell that says "Linux" on the OS requirements? No! It is almost all made for Windows... Later, J. (TS)

Currently I have Windows XP and on the the other side I have Windows 98. I use to have Server 2k but somehow it messed up my computer and it kept showing this dumping memory to disk. So i got tired and installed Windows Xp again. So far its working fine.

Hatebreed, you need to learn few thingd, first of all linux have many distributions and you can choice any of them you like, secound you read BSD tutorial and you think you know much, but you don't it doesn't go that way try BSD and you will see :P

I use a spyware infested Windows XP home edition with no mew security patches and I also use Mandrake 9.1 and it doesn't run any software... It's so sad...

My comp runs on WIN XP and thats the only OS i have on there for now. I am still considering adding Linux whenever I am able to spare the money.

what is wrong with you people? linux is usualy free..especialy if you download it...and its licenced, its not like windows...250$ each...and btw...allmost ALL internet caffees in my city have changed to linux, coz they dont have money for licencing...and soon the regular users will...WE DONT HAVE MONEY FOR WINDOWS! LINUX IS FREE!!!

what is wrong with you people? linux is usualy free..especialy if you download it...
and its licenced, its not like windows...250$ each...

and btw...allmost ALL internet caffees in my city have changed to linux, coz they dont have money for licencing...and soon the regular users will...WE DONT HAVE MONEY FOR WINDOWS! LINUX IS FREE!!!

Thats kool hatebreed. U got any link where i can download Linux OS from? I'd love it if someone can provide me with such a link.

i have windows98 C SE [bugfree and 4 gamers ^^]

what is wrong with you people? linux is usualy free..especialy if you download it...

and its licenced, its not like windows...250$ each...

and btw...allmost ALL internet caffees in my city have changed to linux, coz they dont have money for licencing...and soon the regular users will...WE DONT HAVE MONEY FOR WINDOWS! LINUX IS FREE!!!

think about that way...

windows: ____________________

| |

| starting windows |

| graphig interface |

| |

| |

----------------------------

Unix/Linux:

| |

| Rootpassword: |

| |