xisto Community
Zac

My Operating Systems...

Thats kool hatebreed. U got any link where i can download Linux OS from? I'd love it if someone can provide me with such a link.

Linux as a open OS , but you must register to download it ! Almost product OS have development from Linux have prices of them ! You too can download Artesyn PM/PPC Linux - Release v.1.3 free at : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
If you want purchase a full product then use link follow :
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

i have windows98 C SE [bugfree and 4 gamers ^^]

think about that way...

windows: ____________________

|                              |

|      starting windows |

|  graphig interface    |

----------------------------

Unix/Linux:

|  Rootpassword:          |

|>root:                        |

----------------------------

so... why do they buy windows?!?  :angry:

main login as root :angry::rolleyes:

Kinda *BLEEP* what you saying there, most linux distro's today are realy easy to install almost the same as windows (mandrake, fedora, suse ect) and will log you into the gui for default, so no need for:

bash$ user

bash$ pass

bash$ startx

Sure there are distro's for which you need more skill to handle like, debian, slackware and gentoo but overall the people that are using those know how to use it :angry:

Linux as a open OS , but you must register to download it ! Almost product OS have development from Linux have prices of them !   You too can download  Artesyn PM/PPC Linux - Release v.1.3 free at : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
  If you want purchase a full product then use link follow :
  http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

:rolleyes:

First of all you dont need to register to download linux (your free to do so if you want)
Second of all some distro's are asking money since linux is free as in free will not as in free beer they are free to do so :angry:

To view information about linux and for downloads visit:

http://iso.linuxquestions.org/

If you are using mac, yellow dog is default ppc distro

http://iso.linuxquestions.org/ and for the loggong in...Linux has much faster boot...on my 1.7ghz machine..Slackware boots in 6 seconds...and if you do not like konsole, edit the /etc/initab.conf file...and change it to boot from init3 level, to init4 level (init5 level on mandrake) and you dont have to put a password as root...and you can have many users....i personaly use linux as root (admin)

...you dont have to put a password as root...and you can have many users....i personaly use linux as root (admin)

No root pass and root as default login is kinda unsafe but that up to you, I sure hope your machine is not in a lan or is running some net services. :angry:

I guess you never did hear about "sudo" :rolleyes:

Nice discussion going on here,I am still using Windows, because of my parents. They are too stubburn too learn a new os so I cant make the swith and my mom doesnt want me installing 2 os'ses or her pc (Just wait till I get my own... Mhuhahaha)I tried Linux on an old Pentium 2 but it worked just too slow on it... :rolleyes:

cool... an OS wich can fly :rolleyes:

i want windows 2 fly too, but microsoft just want 2 but some more graphigdetails in it... so... better 2 switch 2 dos :angry:

As a developer, I use XP and 2Kserver with FireFox and Foxmail ; and that, as long as others main editors will develop theirs own Workshop and those systems. I don't know about MacOS, but it seems impossible for me to develop some software with Linux. I have Mandrake Linux too, just to see.

As a developer, ..... , but it seems impossible for me to develop some software with Linux. I have Mandrake Linux too, just to see.

So your a developer who does not know any c/c++ nor python nor perl <_<

I am using Windows XP Pro, I also tried Mandrake 10.0 and I must admitt Linux is good OS, for people who like to work in command-line based system. I also use Windows 98 SE for Divx movies.Both Linux and Windows are good OS, if a person knows what to do.

I don't get why people are all over Microsoft and the Windows OS's... I personally think the windows is the best OS, just because it's reliable. Linux is Open-Source, sure! But how reliable is that!! I would prefer to buy and expensive program over something that isn't garanteed to be safe to use.

I use Win XP Home Ed. With Avant Web Browser... I like windows a lot more than any other OS. Not to mention, have you ever really seen ANY software for sell that says "Linux" on the OS requirements? No! It is almost all made for Windows...

Later,

J. (TS)

Nooo Windows is save, really save and for asfar I know microsoft is guaranteeing that windows is secure and the most save OS to use, If you use windows you never will have problems, there are no real viruses for windows, spy and mailware wont run on it. And memory leaks ?? Microsoft never heart about that.

Unlike Linux which comes with lots of viruses, mail and spyware. Linux is like an swish cheese when it comes to security and you need to reinstaal it every 24hours or it will break down your system. It might even explode

Thats the reason all big compagnies use windows on there mainserver system and the best firewalls are those that contain windows as OS.

(yeah right <_< )

have you ever really seen ANY software for sell that says "Linux" on the OS requirements? No! It is almost all made for Windows..

Yes that true, but why would you buy software for linux???

allmost everything you can get for free.......

photoshop/paintshop => gimp

ms office => Open Office (wich includes pdf support unlike ms office)

avant-browser (which is nothing mare as a skin for IE) +> mozilla, firefox, opera ect

Games ow what do you like fps?

- quake (all versions) : runs on linux natively:

- unreal (most versions) : runs on linux natively:

- wolfenstein (incl mods) : runs on linux natively:

other games?

Look at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Do I need to continue?

A compair test between security in windows vs linux can be found here

@pbrugge

great post...but it is never enough...some people will never understand...

and thats beacouse my theory follows:

USE WHAT YOU LIKE, AND WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS BEST! USE WHAT YOU NEED, AND WHAT DOES THE JOB IN A RIGHT WAY!