xisto Community
Zac

My Operating Systems...

i have all versions from windows 1.1 to windows longhorn

You have longhorn? I'm really out of date. I didn't even know they released longhorn yet!!! lol <_< well right now I have windows xp and a Linspire cd I got for free. :P Linsdows changed it's name to linspire and deviant art gave away a coupon that reduced the price of the linspire cd to nothing! That was cool. :) I dual booted my linspire and windows xp but It ran too slowly so I had to remove linspire :( Well It's pretty cool that you have longhorn :P

You realy must be a good developer. Do you think that programing is written for windows??? <_<

You have longhorn? I'm really out of date. I didn't even know they released longhorn yet!!! lol <_< well right now I have windows xp and a Linspire cd I got for free.  :(  Linsdows changed it's name to linspire and deviant art gave away a coupon that reduced the price of the linspire cd to nothing! That was cool. :)  I dual booted my linspire and windows xp but It ran too slowly so I had to remove linspire  :)  Well It's pretty cool that you have longhorn  :P

They didnt its not out till 2006, however they did release a bata version so its probably that, is it any good?, iv got win XP ( :P oh lord why have you forsaken me) cos im too lazy to change it , ****its really reliable tho :P***** warning warning sarcasm detected.

Stated with MSDOS ->win 95 -> win98 -> win 2000 then divided into redhat 6.0 ->redhat 6.1 -> rh 6.2 -> rh 7.0 -> rh 7.3 -> rh 8.0 -> rh 9.0 -> FC 1 -> FC2FreeBSD 4 -> FreeBSD 5Sco Unixwin 2000 -> win 2000 server -> win2000 AS -> win XP -> win 2003Thats the OS path <_<

I just had to ditch my Linux :( It was giving me errors after editing the Kernel too much w/ too much bugs. I use Windows to take over that space. Plus, now I have WinXP covering the Linux partition for now. I'm waiting for a downloadable version of an installable SuSE Linux 9.2, then I'll have Linux back. I have no clue how to install Gentoo. Gentoo might be the most confusing to install in my opinion.xboxrulz

I'm running Windows XP SP1 and Latest Alpha build of Longhorn, I also have Knoppix and I'm about to give some flavour or Linux a go, but theres just too many on offer, I don't know which one to choose.

My os is WinXP on one Partion and Win2k on the other and Mandrake on the other. BUUUUT that was a long time ago. Now all I have is WinXP home... I would use Win2k but I dont have Drivers for my comp for it.

3 boxes... WinXP sp1 on the first, Mandrake 10.0 on another, and win98 on the last (I removed linux off it after spending days trying to get wine to work... :rolleyes:).

And this instability business is nonesense. I personally think that XP is the most stable OS I've used so far... I've been running it for weeks so far without any crashes, using it for 12+ hours a day for both games and work... and Mandrake is also very stable... just doesn't do all the things I want it to... (like a nice programming IDE (, or playing games...)

You realy must be a good developer. Do you think that programing is written for windows??? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And a note on development issues... if you're going to develop software for windows, using MFC and such... you're going to want to use a windows OS and test it in windows, not linux... so it doesn't make you any less of a developer if that's your choice... there -are some things- you just can't do in linux.

Odomike, search around online, isn't hard to learn.I have Libranet (Linux) and thanks to my mum stillhave Windows XP and 98 SE. Used to have gentoobut there was a horrible disk error and I don't wantto remove all I've done for the past 2 months.