xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Show off your website competition?

Promoting the competition is a good idea, althuogh the top place for best overall website should get some sort of promo other than at the forums too.skyglow1

sounds like fun, id suggest that you use a judging panel instead of a poll though, which will make it alot more fair, as people wont be able to send messages to everyone on their msn list to vote for them.also if your going to use a judging panel, you ought to get at least 10-15 judges incase they all vote for seperate people and it ends up like a draw :wink: as for the admins/mods getting in on it, has anyone actually tried pm'ing one of them? that would probably get their attention quicker than waiting for them to stear their attention away from the hundreds of webspace requests :Djust a few tips that i felt relevant, goodluck with the competition guys, hope it goes well, ill be sure to enter (as long as i remember that is) :D

I think its nice but can we present only a design?

I think you need the other categories because websites ren't all about design.

sounds like fun, id suggest that you use a judging panel instead of a poll though, which will make it alot more fair, as people wont be able to send messages to everyone on their msn list to vote for them.
also if your going to use a judging panel, you ought to get at least 10-15 judges incase they all vote for seperate people and it ends up like a draw  :wink:  

as for the admins/mods getting in on it, has anyone actually tried pm'ing one of them? that would probably get their attention quicker than waiting for them to stear their attention away from the hundreds of webspace requests :D

just a few tips that i felt relevant, goodluck with the competition guys, hope it goes well, ill be sure to enter (as long as i remember that is) :D

I see good point about the msn list thing, but then there's the problem of getting the judging panel :D. We need to nominate those people who are going into be in this panel right now if we want to get this thing started.

I'll try pming admin right now and asking if he can give award like bandwidth or space or just sticky the topic for the opening entries.

Ok the judeges panel, should we just take the top 15 people with most post count or is that unfair, becuase they would have most experience.

skyglow1

why not let ppl request to be judges? give it a week or 2. it would simplify things alot if this contest could get its own catagory, with 2 or 3 boards (e.g. one for judge request, one for the actual comp and one for judging), but then again it doesnt look like something the admins are too bothered about, so its kinda a community thing. which also means we cant really expect the admins to give us a prize for something they have very little to do with.for getting the judges, maybe if people intending to enter who already have a growing community could put a message up advertising on their site/forum?

for getting the judges, maybe if people intending to enter who already have a growing community could put a message up advertising on their site/forum?

That sounds fair! to get members from our forums to gudge our websites!
Giving marks 1-10.

Why dont someone create a minisite for the comp, be much easier than forums.

You sure setting up like a temporary forum on someone's account using fantastico is hard to do? SpArKs' idea is very good. It is too bad we probably won't be able to give a prize like more bandwidth or space.I guess I could maybe set up a forum right now if we wanted to get the entries for being on judges panel open. How will we judge who will be in the judging panel? If we let everyone who requests to be in it to be in the panel, then someone could ask people to vote for their website.skyglow1

i think this is a great idea :D - it would also mean that people would probably only get on the lists if they were well known in the forums..which adds to the community!!

Whats the verdict then? Shall i ask admin if we can go ahead with this competition.Cos i dont think we should go ahead with it and not let him know!Hopefully blag him for a prize!

Whats the verdict then?  Shall i ask admin if we can go ahead with this competition.Cos i dont think we should go ahead with it and not let him know!
Hopefully blag him a prize!

yeah..let him know first.. :|

OK, i will do!But we should get organised & dicide how this competition is gonna work!Rules,entry,ending date, judges, prize, catorgaries!

Ok I think this should be final things about competition:Starting date for requests of judges panel: 15 JanEnding date for ewquests of judges panel: 20 JanThere will be a discussion created showing who is accepted for the judges. Also email will be sent so you need to provide your emailRules: 2 websites maximum can be submitted per person, and 2 categories max that each website can be entered in.Prize: On FNH forums announce winners and put a link to their website which has won that category. There will be a 2nd place winner for the Best Overall Website" competition as well, but only 1 winner each for the other categories.Categories:-Best Overall Website-Best Design-Best Content-Best Speed-Best Members Starting date of entries to competition: 23 JanClosing date of entreis to competition: 31 JanI will make a forum on a temporary host because my fnh account is down. The url for the forums is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ worry if this isn't the optimum way to do this competition, this is only the first try, we'll have another one later. I don't know when the final decision of who the winner is will be announced.skyglow1

Ok I think this should be final things about competition:
Starting date for requests of judges panel: 18 Jan
Ending date for ewquests of judges panel: 23 Jan

skyglow1

I wanna apply for judges panel!