xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Show off your website competition?

But back on topic - Is this competition actually going to happen? Should someone PM the admin about it or something to bring it to his attention?

If we're organized enough I think we can do this without admin help, but I guess it won't have an award like more bandwidth, although I'm wondering why not a single moderator or admin has entered this discussion, do they have something against it? I haven't had any PMs or anything.. I think right now there are an overwhelming number of websites that could be chosen for best website, so maybe we'll get everyone to submit their website that they want, and we have a judge panel which would decided say the best 10 out of these websites. Then, everyone will vote for one of these 10 websites (they can't vote for their own one :D) and the winner will get 1st place and there will be runner ups.For the speed award we pick from the submitted websites, and same for the other sections.The thing is now, who will be the judges panel? I would vote for drumbytes, sandman, nazrin. Should we have a vote on who should be in the panel? I don't know :D skyglow1

If we're organized enough I think we can do this without admin help, but I guess it won't have an award like more bandwidth, although I'm wondering why not a single moderator or admin has entered this discussion, do they have something against it? I haven't had any PMs or anything.. 

skyglow1

Ive been thinking that myself!

I won't be entering so I would probably be OK for judging. This might need further discussion - entering + judging - that can be OK but the rules should be clear so nobody can &%*$# about it.

Let's make ir happend!Why not start`posting the adress and give a time period for user to post their adress and tune-up their sites... after the period, the topic is closed and a new one with a poll (with the suscripted pages) and start voting.. the votation will have a period too...Yeah, if everybody is fair enough not to vote for themselves this should work..!!!

Let's make ir happend!
Why not start`posting the adress and give a time period for user to post their adress and tune-up their sites... after the period, the topic is closed and a new one with a poll (with the suscripted pages) and start voting.. the votation will have a period too...

Yeah, if everybody is fair enough not to vote for themselves this should work..!!!

Posting the address? Do you mean make a discussion with a big title saying "Show off your website competition now open for entries"? I guess we just let everyone submit their site, and everyone will vote for whos they think is best and can't vote for themselves. This way no judges panel is needed. Although alot of people's website which is totally awesome might not participate in the forums anymore and therefore they wouldn't submit theyre awesome site. Just wondering about that.

skyglow1

skyglow1 could you explain a bit? I don't get it.

Although alot of people's website which is totally awesome might not participate in the forums anymore and therefore they wouldn't submit theyre awesome site.

Look on the 3rd page of this "Show off your website" forum. THe discussion near the bottom of that page were the very early ones, and I've notive some of the people who posted their website back then, aren't participating anymore. So, they wouldn't seen this competition, and they wouldn't submit their website, and if their website is good then it is unfair that they aren't in the competition.skyglow1

But no admin or moderator has replied, maybe they've been given orders not to reply or something, or maybe they just havent seen this discussion and the moderators aren't on much.skyglow1