xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Show off your website competition?

ut no admin or moderator has replied, maybe they've been given orders not to reply or something, or maybe they just havent seen this discussion and the moderators aren't on much.
skyglow1

I think admin & all mods have seen this topic! Theres definetly something stopping them from joinning in,! I wonder what :?:

I agree the compitition would be great. Do we really need the admin for this though. I mean you can just start the post for the compition and people will participate.

Yes that would be a nice prize. I guess we'll go on without moderators or admins. Is it agreed that we set up a time frame of say maybe 1-2 weeks and post a discussion in big letters saying like open for contestants, and then at the end of the 1-2 weeks we make a large poll with all the entries, and noone can vote for their own entry?I think that is the best way to do it, if we can agree on that then we can get started.skyglow1

how many sites can you enter? i have more than 1 i`d to enter!We should`nt start the competition yet! way too many loopholes..

What are the loopholes? More than one site should be OKMaybe we should just run the first one like skyglow1 suggests and gather comments to improve v. 2?

Ok then lets do it!Shall i start the "Subit Your entry for FNH first show of your website competition" topic for it? Then ask a mod to add it to sticky list!

go for it. maybe add an instruction to enter in one (or more) of l33tg33k categoriesbest designbest contentbest speedbest members maybe also ask for category suggestions and comments?

WHat do you think of this:"The Show of your website competition now open for entries to the following categories:-Best Overall Website-Best Design-Best Content-Best Speed-Best MembersYou can enter a maximum of 2 websites per person for the categories, and for each website you can enter into a maximum of 3 categories so choose wisely. Please state your username, website address, and email. Any broken/not working links to website which are entered into the competition will not be counted.The competition will be open for entries until .... At the end of this time period, all entries will be put into seperate polls for each category, and everyone will vote for the website they feel best deserves the 1st place for each of those categories. Only the "Best Overall Website" will have runners up in 2nd place and 3rd place, all other categories will have only 1 winner. In the polls, you cannot vote for your own website. The winner of each category will recieve a link from everyone's website to their website(s) (maximum of 3) of choice (2nd and 3rd place winners of the "Best Overall Website" category will have a link to only 1 of their websites). Good luck to all, may the best website win :wink: "All I'm worried of is the overwhelming number of winners, thats 6 altogether (can be 8 if winner of Best Overall Website chooses to link to 3 of his websites :D) and alot of links to provide. Maybe no link for the categories apart from the 1st place or maybe even the runner ups of the Best Overall Website category. Any suggestions for what i wrote?skyglow1

maybe the nature of this community allows you to promo or not the winnerscould be cool to just promo the contestor just refer to it incidentally?depends on whether or not you know about it goin' on?