xisto Community
holyium

Halo Isn't That Good

Halo is one of the best games out for xbox right now. I am really looking forward to halo 3 coming out expected to come out the same time as the ps3. As of right now though halo 2 is a great online game to play and whoever says that its not very good, just probably isnt very good at the game. The game is good to play with a bunch or your friends or using xbox live, but some people just play it for the solo. Eh, if you have beat it once i cant stand to beat it again.

I used to play halo but as you can tell i got bored of it and well i had both halos and sold them but i may think of getting them again lol. So who here has also got rid of there halos due to boredness or something else?

Well I do believe that that is wrong. They can make Os's better then games but Halo 2 is a good game. It is totally not a waste of money, now Xbox Live on the other hand cost way to much, I do believe that it will be free someday. So stop hating on Microsoft. :unsure:

dude if you say halo is bad then you can just shut up because everyone i know who has an xbox has halo also halo will kick counter strikes butt at anything i dont know why you dont like halo and i cant make you like it but i think you should get an xbox if you dont have one and get the halo 2 that show you the best of halo

Are you kidding? Microsoft DOES dominate the gaming industry, and always will until sony or nintendo steps up. Halo isn't valued for its 1 player performances, its valued for its multiplayer active, good graphics, and easy to understand controls. How many other games have you seen like this? Most like this don't even have pvp they just have the single player. Plus all the levels, and then theres online. It is definatly a great game. Xbox 360 and its awesome graphics make me can't wait to see halo 3. It will be amazing, and it will live up to all its hype. I don't think you can make those remarks about how microsoft is wasting cash, unless you live in the bigger gaming cities, actually have experience and have been around, and actually know what your talking about. EVERYONE I know has xbox, has halo, and loves it. Its just that much fun. Agreed you don't enjoy it as much if your a only child, which is why I don't have it, but I got to my friends house all the time because they have like 2 siblings, and its just so much fun.

halo isnt that good at all even thought critics say alot of things just to create controversy. microsoft thnks that they all pro and just coz they dominate the operating systems area doesnt mean that they can produce quality games. not alot of ppl play halo with majority of gamers prefering to stick with counter-strike because it can be run on practically any computer and doesnt require an expensive upgrade to play it.

the halo i play doesnt need any upgrades, but you cant really judge them that much, you can judge them by FPS but not by genre,
halo is fantasy based, with blow up generades,over shield, special weapons, ability to use vehicles, while counter strike is more of a terrorist based, with counter terror of police based, and terrorist of terrorist, they are more reality based with weapons and you cant drive vehicles, me as a halo and cs player, i reckon they both good for they based genre and FPS in general.

but as i say, cs for me is massive upgrades you need quite alot of ram and a decent graphics card. halo for me is quite easy just a install and that all.but they both have they sucks.. ggrrrrr damm low life hackers..
Edited by r0b-dog (see edit history)

This is subjective.I personally despise Microsoft-- but I do admit, the Xbox was one of the good things they came up with.Halo is an awesome game. Period.It gets old after a while, yes-- but it's set the bar for many game designers.Call of Duty, or Gears is awesome as well.:)

The physics aren't too bad in it, although it probably doesn't stand so well with today's games, for its time its physics were one of its strong points (like the way the vehicles handled for instance). I'm not sure, but wasn't it one of the first games to feature bump mapping (I could be wrong on that one).

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

The physics aren't too bad in it, although it probably doesn't stand so well with today's games, for its time its physics were one of its strong points (like the way the vehicles handled for instance). I'm not sure, but wasn't it one of the first games to feature bump mapping (I could be wrong on that one).

For it's time? Lol, it isn't even 10 years old, its not that old of a game, but somewhat I agree with you, back when Halo 1 and 2 came out, they were good, but when Halo 3 came out, I don't know, it just seemed like a let-down. After 2 years of it being out, I am not excited for another Halo, and I am not excited for anything else Halo related coming out. I loved the first two, but the third just kinda sucked it. It wasn't bad, but there were so many better games out there.