xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
holyium

phone internet costs are heaps woah... need to c

the lasted intervention which is internet on mms phones hav made some owner break their wallets with costs over a grand for internet downlaods on the 3 network. i was suprised at these incredible costs as it is more than i earn in a week so i believe that its wise to remain on pre-paid where i limits the costs upon the amount of money spent upon phone usage

If you live in Central California to North Caifornia. You should all get what I got. MetroPCS. Very cheap, $40 gets you unlimited, yes I mean totally unlimited, local and long distance calling. Add $3 and get unlimited Texting, and for another $3 get Voice messaging, caller ID, and call waiting. So for a grand total of about $46 + tax, you get all that.

My SIM provider cost me Rp25/kb or 45 UScent per Kb. It is very expensive... but however since many SIM provider are providing you with internet service, there is like cost competition in here... now, you just have to pay Rp25000/kb or 3 $ per month for unlimited use... but... yeah it is definitely slow....

Ohh I don't know about the internet on mine...I think it might be 10p a minute or 1pound a minute..If they are going to be so expensive they might aswell not add this option on phones..I mean not everyone is going to use it..if it's so expensive

my networks interent is free. i use the internet quite alot. i also downloaded a web browser but for some reason Xisto doesnt work...

Yeah, I am on Three and I know that it costs $8 a Megabyte to use the internet, a staggering cost and considering that browsing Three's own internet area is free, I guess it is justified.

the lasted intervention which is internet on mms phones hav made some owner break their wallets with costs over a grand for internet downlaods on the 3 network. i was suprised at these incredible costs as it is more than i earn in a week so i believe that its wise to remain on pre-paid where i limits the costs upon the amount of money spent upon phone usage

Yes I agree with you dear friend. Even I have tried internet for sometime on mobile but it was so expensive for me to aford that I droped the facility and prefered to get the facilities from other sources except mobile phones.?

yes you are correct.
same is the case in india also. we live here and its the same .

Well it's really expensive, if you're not careful then your cellphone bill will break your pocket, last year my dad almost had a heart attack when the bill came, it was $700 when the plan for 4 phones was supposed to be $100 it was my brothers fault for using the phone internet too much... :)

I guess I am lucky.I am on the 3 pay-as-you-go network and have a Skype phone. I get 150Mb of free Internet usage each time I top up, free Skype calls, and I think the charge for usage after those 150Mb is ?1 per Mb.I can't go on every websites, because of the limitations of my phone, but I think it's not too bad.

Yes cellphone internet costs are heaps.it basically depends on the service providers.for me, I live in india. i use some connection, it costs me 20rs/day for a very low speed connection. in such a speed, 1 webpage opens for 30mins to 1 hour (average assumption). however, if we plan to go for an higher version/upgrade, then the cost reaches peak : 20rs per hour.you can imagine the cost per day and per month.

I get charged ?3 per MB, which is too much for everyday browsing, although I use my phone on wifi a lot so I can browse.I try to avoid using my network provided mobile internet because I use pay as you go, and its easy to burn all your credit, and find that you dont have enough credit to make a call to get home. But it can be useful for checking things while moving.Most networks now have a contract for unlimited data, which is useful if you use your phone a lot. Especially if you use mobile applications likeyoutube and google maps as they exchange huge amounts of data durin general use.

Well, it's not that expensive in here that's for sure. It's like $0.0555 for 1MB use. It's okay for checking mail, chat-ing, checking some websites, loging somewhere... well, according to the local standard a regular person can't afford using more than 10MB's a day, but that's kinda cool as well..