xisto Community
spawn_syxx9

What Is Wrong With Being A Virgin Yes this is to be taken seriously but be warned :)

what is your status if you dun mind :)  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you ask me there is nothing wrong with being a virgin. I have been dating a girl for going on 3 years now. and we both agree that people should wait till they are maried to have sex. Your first time should be special. With someone you love not just some one you are going out with. but that is just my say.

If you ask me there is nothing wrong with being a virgin. I have been dating a girl for going on 3 years now. and we both agree that people should wait till they are maried to have sex. Your first time should be special. With someone you love not just some one you are going out with. but that is just my say.

wow, such a perfect love! envy you, and wish you and your girl happiness.
I am not virgin and not married yet.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin.For some reason society is hell-bent on try to see who can get laid first and how often. Sex is now a status symbol; if you can't get any, you're probably worse off. If you don't try to be sexually appealing by wearing short skirts, thongs, hanging jeans, and cutaways, you will feel undesired. For anyone to get any attention, especially during the school years, you have to dress like a wigger or a skank. Because that's who gets laid. Whores and pimps.I think that it's great to be a virgin. Maybe it's because you're saving it for that special someone, or you don't feel like sleeping with every guy/girl under the sun, or maybe you actually see sex as an act that should be shared with someone who you know you will be happy with for the rest of your life (sex after marriage). Major kudos to all that are holding out for these reasons (and whatever else I haven't covered).I, unfortunately, am not a virgin. I was stupid and "gave" it to a girl that I thought would be special. (Needless to say, we're not together anymore.)Virginity, really, is just a concept. But with this concept lies the idea of sharing your first intimate experience with someone. Will it be someone you care about and see a future with? Or is it just a momentary fling overcome by hormonal desire?

Why not remain a virgin? You get to bypass all the risk factors associated with sex. STDs, pregnancy, broken trust... Sex complicates a good relationship and becomes manipulative in a bad relationship.Within a marraige both parties have some legal protection for themselves and any offspring, outside of it it can get legally complicated if things go wrong.So lastly there is social perception... Sleep with one person and it becomes believable that you may have slept with others (some could earn a reputation for being a **** without ever doing anyone!) Sleep with someone and your spouse (when you get one) may always have a suspicion that their performance is being compared to an old flame's and they are found wanting.For those who want to stay a virgin and are finding themselves presured to not retain that most personal item, the person who doesn't respect your choice to say 'no' doesn't respect you. And then the question to ask yourself is, "Do I really want to be with someone who doesn't respect me?" I assure you, such a person will not respect you in the morning.

That's because you met your girlfriend over the internet.You spend most of your time searching for wireless networks in your area and talking on a male-orintated website, trying to make your status very high, you're an admin there too and I'm guessing you still need a haircut.

I am not against sex before marriage, but hey, I am only 15! I think that people that is as young as me, or young are basically quite desperate to do anything to keep the one they "love".

I really don't enjoy sharing my personal life with all of you, but I am perceptive enough to see where each one of you is coming from. Emotions, impulses, decisions, and how you weigh these things all vary from person to person. Individuals obviously perceive sex and desire in many different ways and base decisions off of the personal stigma associated with each choice. Sex is what you make it; how you perceive sex, regardless of your experience with it, is however you chose to perceive it. This applies consciously, but for sex mainly unconsciously. Unconscious feelings about sex is imparted by sources you personally trust to whatever degree (such as news, parents, religion if followed by something other than reason and understanding, daytime telivision...) and by biological wiring that determines desire (an example of biological wiring is how something can become more desired [as religions could call it... tempting?] to an average person if it is ussually covered or considered taboo).Sexual experience has a personal value thus largely determined by the importance that one "feels" should be placed upon it. Sex to some can be a wonderful thing in marriage or a certain situation, and to others it can be a momentary indulgence participated in with people you barely know and ranked up and ussually above other indulgences such a drugs, alcohol, playing with pets, and other self-expression. If you want sex to be a "magical" thing you certainly shouldn't indulge in it often, as a matter of fact, magic in many defintions today means "rare or defying normal perception of the world". Sex is often devalued in its power by a public constantly obsessed with it.Personally, one should decide whether they want the risks (babymaking, stds) and chemical/emotional "rewards" of sex to be a rare or common thing. Personally, I find those who chase after sex for sex's sake to be often vulgar, impulsive fools. Letting oneself be run by internal static chemical processes is hardly acting more than an animal and hardly has a purpose. If you beleive sex has a place in a relationship before or after marriage, fine. If you beleive that sex is a great plague of evil in all circumstance, then, well, you probably are just succumbing to different chemicals (hate, anger) than those chemically or romantically enthralled. This is reason: obviously sex is needed to sustain culture, the question of when and how much is left to the individual however.But I must add as a footnote that I am a romantic by internal chemical nature, and though hardly dangerous in scope of my emotions I have felt enough of yours to understand them. I shall not judge an individual by your actions relating to sex provided you don't let sex run your romance....Also, please, don't force or manipulate yourself upon another, you are just bowing to societal programming and personal lust. I cannot stand nor tolerate the occurance of disrespect and manipulation. If you are going to have casual sex at least be honest to your partner in the matter.As for me, casual sex is a... no. Why put forth risk for no practical gain? At least in a relationship one has an emotional backdrop and in a permanent relationship a biological reason/imperative/at least trust. Being a virgin is not bad as culture show it to be, it just is a sign of something between a logical decion and lacking sexual opportunity (the second hopefully doesn't factor much for you guys :)).Thanks for letting me rant.

Edited by Caius (see edit history)

36 years old 4 kids not a virgin, but I was when I met my first husband we were in highschool together and got married at 19 and 20 had to kids then divorrced sadly. He started becoming violent and I cant deal with that I did not want to live in fear or become a victim of abuse. so anyway i was a virgin until i was married. I dont see anythign wrong with it. I have 2 teenage girls though that are sexually active, but i figure everyone makes there own choices I was happy with my choice (as was my husband of course) And my teenagers are very smart we talk openly and they both know the pros and cons and have both made there decisions about what they want. I wasnt the happiest about it but i'm glad they came to me and talked about it. They both are on birthcontrol and have plenty of supplies for safe sex. Thats about the best I can do.

I lost my virginity when I was 17, and thought it wouldn't matter. But when I told my current boyfriend he almost broke up with me over it...he wished i lost my virginity to him lol.I don't care though, there's a lot of things he doesn't approve with. He'll have to live with it.

I lost my virginity when I was 17, and thought it wouldn't matter. But when I told my current boyfriend he almost broke up with me over it...he wished i lost my virginity to him lol.
I don't care though, there's a lot of things he doesn't approve with. He'll have to live with it.

i lost my virginity to my fiance :) but you really can't do anything about the past x-x so o.o yea.

I'm a virgin, though probably not for longer. I really have no problem with what society says, since a few girls have wanted to sleep with me but I haven't wanted to sleep with them. Almost all the guys I know are obsessed with getting laid, even if its to that girl you normally wouldn't talk to, or that girl who's...been around the block too many times.

there is nothing wrong with being a virgin. it is the society that is dictating what is wrong with it.someone being a virgin for me has gained more reputation for me.one thing about is that you can lose it so fast but you cannot have it back againthis is one scenario:your first in the honey moon: girl not virgin boy virgin: boy: how do you do this? girl: i teach you :P i have a little of a six sense when determing one is a virgin and it is a little bit of a turn on :P

I'm from an Asian society, and most of our elders are still very conservative about it. They see pre-marital sex as something to be ashamed of. The younger generation is more open-minded, people would probably be engaging in pre-marital sex but not go around discussing about it. I like that you've made a topic like this, because it's something that I wouldn't discuss with my friends or people I know face-to-face.Myself, I'm not a virgin. My first sex partner wasn't a great guy and we split up ages ago, but I don't regret it. We were curious and fun-loving then, and it was a memorable experience. I don't see pre-marital sex as something morally wrong, no matter how many times and with how many people it's done with. I didn't get pregnant and abort any babies, nor have I contracted or spread any sexual diseases. I don't think there's anything wrong with virgins. I believe they simply haven't met the 'right' person, or their virginity is special to them and they want to keep it for their special someone. We all treasure different things.