xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZacN

Review Of Marapets A review about marapets.com.

Name: MarapetsURL: marapets.comRating: 1.4/5Comments: This site, is very limited with it capabilities. For example, Marapets must have a form filled out for children under 13 (COPPA) by law. The owner, Ian, only allows it to be scanned and e-mailed two him. There are 2 problems with that, one, some people don't have a scanner, some people don't have an e-mail. Ian, also says that there will be a fax machine number soon. It has been 3 months since he said that.This site, also doesn't have enough staff to handle the 55,000+ members they have, which makes it difficult to use the fourms.Even though this is a short review, I assure you, you shouldn't ever even think about going to or using this site.

Well, would YOU have used the fax? =PI don't see a problem with not implementing a feature that's not going to be used anyway.But I can understand the scan/email thing. That would be kind of frustrating I guess, if you didn't have the tools to do it. And no forum that big should have a lack of staff members...But, have you actually played Marapets? (I'm guessing it's a game, right?) I mean, getting in might be trouble, but the game might be worth it. If you haven't actually played the game, you shouldn't really give it a bad review.If you have though, and you truly do think it's a 1.4/5, then that's fine too.EDIT: I just took a quick look at it. It looks like a completely ripped off Neopets. But Neopets is the number one online game for kids, so this Marapets can't be all that bad, right?

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

Its probably to say that the site takes no actions for how you feel about its content. Parents are held liable for children under 13, so if a website doesnt have a "if you are under 13..." thing the parent agrees to, the parent can charge the website if they find content they dont want their child to see. So basicly its a waiver.Sorry thats best I could explain :o

First of all, you write like a 3rd grader. I'm a fifth grader and I write better than you. second of all, Marapets currently has three million members, and yet is the simplest pet site to post on that I know about. Also, the creators, Ian and Liamay, have created a much more competent, understandable, and intelligible site than "Neopets", and it is certainly laughable that the scum site, "Neopets", created by an entire team of lumbering baboons, and is even sponsored by many companies and a few TV channels, cannot match up to the competence and brilliance of Marapets.

I have not created an account on this new website but to me it seems like a lower rated Neopets. I don't play neopets but I used to, and the links, games, and many other features of Marapets is just like Neopets. It has some new features, but again I have not played neopets in years. The site has poptential and if it is true that there are 3 million + members then it seems to be doing successful. I wish Ian the bet of luck with the website because I'm sure its a good time killer.

Havn't seen that site in ages. Last time Much improvement form the last time I saw it. And 55,000+ members, thats ALOT for anyone. A MASSIVE staff would be required to manage all that. But to be honest, I doubt anyone really takes that website that seriously. So noone will be that intrested in a staff positions. Your far to kind with your score, 0.9 from me.

I strongly encourage people to get on marapets. it is a kid friendly website even adults get on it! !I even have an account myself!-zachary

Marapets

Review Of Marapets

Its changed since probably you guys have seen it. Like now they have more staff members and its running perfect how it is. Ok, sure Ian's not the "coolest" guy but he made a site the millions of people love. My opinion is that its WAY more funner than Neopets because you actually get to make a person, and now Neopets is getting more confusing now that it has like "NeoCash," "NeoMall," etc. For marapets, you can just mail a staff about it and they are sure to know.Plus, almost like 1 4th of the people don't play anymore because they are either older and they have a life, abandoned their account, or got banned. And the staff are doing the best they can to help. I'm sorry if this is against your opinion but its mine. All I'm saying is that marapets has changed. (I'm not trying to sound mean.) :)

-awesome person

Its So-so, but better than neopets

Review Of Marapets

Neopets has ads and marapets does too. But you can recycle in M.P. And in and.P. You just eatdrink and throw away. Graphics are ok in both. But in neopets games just popout and MP's don't. They give rewards just for playing or having a banner. Neopets gives rewards only for Referrals (Sucks) and you have to buy (Dunno Why) Neo Cash. MP you need nought to buy membership. I'd give neopets a down 1 (Why would you need weather just to get advater? Thats just plain crazy.) I'd give Marapets a 3(Little bit slow!) And about giropets... I dunno about that... But you should try maplestory. (Must download client, and updates when needed. If you want special items you need cash, $1=1000 NC. You can get a pet with that... I am a warior on the newest server. It's fun, believe me...)

-Double O

MaraPets RULES

Review Of Marapets

So, neopets is good? NOT. Neopets is the cheapest site EVER. At least marapets has stuff to do, and amazing people.

<3

Oh well, think what you want.

Pfh!

I rate it:

4.7/5

-reply by Marapets Lubber