xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZacN

Review Of Marapets A review about marapets.com.

marapets reviewReview Of Marapets

some of u take this way to seriously. These sites are made 4 entertainment purposes only and who really cares which one is the best. Its actually nice 2 see a website that gives a damn about its younger members. Big deal u have 2 send an email or fax. If it helps protect against pedophiles and means u can check wat your child is lookin at then surely its a good thing. Slagging of a bunch of 10 yr olds 4 voicing thier opinions is as childish as it gets. Clearly marapets was designed with all ages in mind and it does not matter how experienced u r everyone has 2 start somewhere. I can use that site perfectly fine and this is the first time I have ever used a virtual pets site,so for those of you that think u r superior to all those ten yr olds just because u figured out a website that is mainly aimed at children, GET A LIFE. Its just a game. U don't need 2 b a mencer candidate 2 figure it out u just need practice, so don't go thinkin your a genius.

-reply by charlenejade

Stop hating neopets! I have done that site for a little over two years and love it and my neopet daerly! While I'll admit that marapets does seem more involved with its pets than neo, I have yet to find any major problem with it! The site is very enjoyable for anyone. Please keep in mind that I am nearly a legal adult before thinking that this is a review coming from a little kid. And as for all of your 'mara is amazing' reviews, no site is perfect, and this one is no exception. I realize that I am giving neopets the same glowing review that marapets has been given by more than one of you, but with all the haters out there, it seemed only fair that neopets get a good review as well. And if numbers are that big a deal, neopets has over 1 million total owners versus the few thousand marapets owners.

-reply by Guest

1.5 seems too low of a rating for Marapets. A 3.5 would be better, or even a 3.3. Marapets now currently has over 3 million members and has one single coder, one single artist, and a many dedicated members as there staff. In my eyes, compared to Neopets, Marapets is by far, better then Neo. Sure, Marapets might have some glitches and errors once in a while but understand that there is only one person doing the coding and probably 90% of the work on the ENTIRE site. Marapets may have some rude members but if you learn to ignore all the hate and everything, Marapets is a amazing place to make friends and have fun. Neo, on the other hand, has mostly rude members and newbies who are treated like crap just cause they ask questions about the site. On Mara, some newbies are treated poorly but there are members who are willing to answer their quesions and help them begin on the site.As for the form that must be sent if your under 13, it is to protect the forums of marapets and the younger children. It might be work but it will be worth it to have your child protected.Also, considering the fact you wrote this 4 years ago, your review is clearly outdated and should be disregarded by others.I have been on Marapets for 3 years now and it is much simpler and beter then Neopets. But this is my own opinion. I've been through much of the dismay of errors and the site crashing but when it was back up, everything went back to normal and new events came out. Neopets may have tons of coders and artists but it's just not as special as Marapets is.-reply by Aurasan

Neopets vs other sites?Review Of Marapets

There seem to be a trend with comparing Neopets to other sites lately..I?ve been on that site for over 9 years now, lurking, playing, observing..But the last 2 years I?ve actually become utterly bored, annoyed and actually a tad irritated at Neopets..Not at the site, the users or anything like that, but the lack of accountability and the fact that you cannot for your life make sure that their staff is adressing a glitch or even bothering when something is clearly wrecking havoc. It?s like it?s 200 miles between the users on the site and the staff. The only time the users can ask questions is through their so-called "newspaper", an in-game produced thing with members filing stories, comics and so on..There they have an editorial where users are supposedly able to turn with questions and then they get to hope that they get an answer.

Thing is, the editorial looks the same, week after week. Nothing but small questions about what faeries come from, what?s their favourite pet, is this or that allowed and so on.. The asking about rules and situations, yes, I can understand that..But of all important questions there are, they never choose to answer something that actually helps the people playing. If a pet for example looses their clothes (items attached through the pet through so called painting, an act where a magical paintbrush gives the pet a new appearance) through a glitch on the site, the player is left to fix it by him or herself. Now, Paint brush clothes can, while they?re expensive, be replaced.. But then we have "special" colours that are obtained through something called The secret Laboratory. THOSE clothes can?t be replaced.Thing is, without the clothes the pet looks just regular, all that painting or zapping, as it?s called when the laboratory causes the colour-change, all has been for naught.The player has to then either choose to repaint his or her pet to another colour or keep zapping and hope for the best, unless there?s a helpful person willing to aid with missing clothes or other items.

There are other glitches as well, not to mention the now half-insane language filter which censors words as it sees fit (since when is the word "back" in the meaning "mail me back" been a bad word?) and then there?s the moderators that sometimes go out on warning/suspension-sprees.. A friend of mine got warned because she had mentioned that she needed to leave the board so she could eat breakfast.

The "no real world topics"-rule is also insane..While I understand that some topics shouldn?t be brought up, I also understand that if someone wants to talk to their friends about the weather or something, it?s no biggie.. The rule also don?t seem to cover things like Nickelodeon-characters, shows, incidents in shows and similar. I?d rather see the site write better rules on the topic, or be consistent..As it is now, no one really knows what is what, since one person gets a warning while another don?t for the same apparent breaking of rules.

This confusion is also a ground for the growing rudeness generally seen on some boards. I would like to point out though that some people seem to think that other people are rude because they won?t give away one of those magic paint brushes or items of a high value for free so it?s a question of interpretation there.. As it is now, they have a "no namecalling" rule, which the more opportunist members of the community has chosen to interpret as "it?s against the rules to point out to me that I?m begging, because you?re then calling me a beggar, and that?s namecalling..So give me my stuff now!"

I?m still on that site, but I keep to myself, my friends, my pets, I follow some events that show up annually and that?s it..The general atmosphere on the site isn?t inviting to interact with other people more than necessary anymore.

Another quick notice is that the adverts have increased to an obscene amount since 2007. Some parts have a hard time loading now, with areas made over to be little animated hamlets or similar together with annoying banners and adverts loading all over the place. You can get rid of them with firefox, but if you?re stuck, like me, on the IE8..Then you?re bound to get problems.

But all isn?t bad..There are a few bright lights among the users..It?s too bad that they feel they have to do the work that the site moderators and staff actually could and should do instead of them.

-reply by Meep

i have looked at Marapets, and i have to say if i was like 9 to 12, i would have loved the game, but i am not, i don't like the colors of the site nor the design of the site. overall i would rate the site with 5 out of 10 stars, its a kids game, not for the older people. ^.^

Edited by brittmortimer (see edit history)

go home, children.Review Of Marapets

In MY HONEST OPINION, Marapets is way better than Neo.  Neo banned me when I had very high LE's because I was apparently "SPAMMING THE FORUMS." er, no, I made a board saying something about cheerio's (: They also banned my best friend because she replied. They Underaged my new account because I mailed someone about pushing my brother off a waterfall. Quite stupid tbh. After that, I never looked back. I've been playing marapets for 4, nearly 5 years, and I'm never going to quit. It's really fun, friendly, easy to make MP's, cute pets, nice members etc.

-reply by Cherrythecomputer

Just started with Marapets; have to admit I was a bit impressed and confused at the same time. Neopets froze my account for what they call Buy/Sell Neopoints! They only allow you to buy/sell items only through their auctions, trading post, and shops; this makes me really confused as to their reasoning for freezing my account. I am suspicious of their Business Practices! They freeze accounts with no warning and no substantial evidence. I spent hundreds of dollars on their Neocash Cards and their Premium Services to lose it all over something I have failed to understand. Then they choose not to respond back to you.I am meeting with an Attorney for a Class Action Lawsuit against them (you should see the amount of people available for such a case). Many people have had situations like my own with no resolution from the Neopets Employees. I loved that site and played for a few years and had originally planned on playing for many more years. I invested so much into my account for almost 3 years. Not anymore!!!!NEOPETS..............See you in court!!!!P.S. - Verifications codes are a bummer. Can't read them and constantly have to re-try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!