HOME       >>       Science and Technology

Do You Believe In Magic? Do u belive in magic =?

docduke

Arthur C. Clarke long ago said what should have been the final word on this subject. Wikipedia presents it as follows

The .. three "laws" of prediction:

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

[Emphasis added.]

I speak as a retired member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians.

Merovingian

I am very much a realist and do not believe in such things. It's just an old word that was used to explain things which couldn't be explained. Today, we have science to explain such things

I do enjoy Derren Brown and his style of entertaining. He deals more in human psychology and uses that in his programs. He's worth a look up on youtube. The thing I like most about him is that he explains what he does after the experiment. If there is one thing I cannot stand, it's a smug magician!

LegallyHigh

I don't believe in the word magic. That is is because when I think about the the word magic I think of the unexlainable. However, science proves there is a cause to everything that happens, so there is no void, or truly unexplainable situation. As long as you look deep enough into any instance you will find a scientifc reason for its happeing.

iGuest

I personally belive in magic

I mean I tryed a time fly by thingy and it seems to be working/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley2.gif so idk but it just has to be wat you belive in your heart

-reply by summmer

ritu

Magic! interesting one that is, I haven't gone through all the posts but according to what the initiator of the topic has posted, magic has the term "belief" as a tag with it. I mean whether its belief or disbelief, magic as a concept might be a vast one, and I do not have adequate knowledge about it. When the word magic comes to my mind, I mostly think of the shows that were either performed on stage or were aired on the television, a lot were there when we were young. As I grew up, with other shows on television revealing the secrets of shows of this sort and with my own reasoning developing, I could understand that there wasn't anything that was magical in the true sense of the term, it was the skills of the performer, cause what they presented was a form of art, it still is. I can't really say that I believe in magic, yet the craftsmanship of the so called magicians is worth appreciation according to me.

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2Page 3

VIEW ORIGINAL REGISTER GET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.