xisto Community
Feelay

Do You Believe In Magic? Do u belive in magic =?

Hey!I just wanted to know, how many of you belive in magic =?I have seen many strange stuff.. And even if it isn't i call it magic.. Many think I'm crazy, but I don't acctaully care so much..I don't belive in luck.. Every good thing that happenes to me, is magic, i think..I also think, that everyone have magic deep inside.. but that they have to learn how to control it..and that they have to belive in it.. Magic don't have to be fire balls and theese kind of stuff.. Magic can be, brain control, or something like that..This is what i think =) What do you think =? Write here =)

Magic is nothing but a stupid word for me, something that was invented a long time ago for people who believe in everything. Some even use it as the cause of things they can't explain. If something good happens to me, I'm lucky and I continue living, if it doesn't then I just had bad luck and my life still continues ... and there's nothing that has an influence on what happens, not even magic.and brain control ... if you can't control your brain then it's definatly time you start taking some kind of pills ;) .Don't take this personal ;) , I'm in a bad mood so my answer might be a bit ... rough ^_^

oh i thought that this was a thread about McDonalds...magic is a funny word, as it seems that any time something that appears "magic" is proven it's no longer magic...smoke and mirrors baby

All unexplainable phenomenons cannot be termed a magic. For eg. Our existence itself is Magic. No one knows how we all came into existence. Did we all come into existence by Magic? What about Bermuda Triangle? Magic is more about tricks and illusions. So, there is nothing wrong in believing it :-)

Magic is more about tricks and illusions. So, there is nothing wrong in believing it :-)

I couldn't have summed it up better. I don't believe in magic as in the 'Harry Potter' style. But these tricks that we see magicians do - its awesome! ^_^ Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)

As I said, Magic don't have to be fire balls.. When i said brain control, I ment controlling somone else.. not your brain ^_^And about the bermuda traingle.. I think magic is the reason for everyting that happened.

Edited by Feelay (see edit history)

Yeah, I agree too, some tricks done by magician seems really cool, but when you get to know how it was done, it doesn't smell like magic anymore, even though there are some tricks which requires a lot of practice, in some way magic is just fooling people.. and I talk about Todays magicians, not about the past, when a Wizard could make that you would become a frog, or was it a Witch ^_^

"Magic" is the idiot's last resort for explanation of some facet of their reality when they simply lack the understanding to explain what is happening in logical, sensible terms.In other words, when science fails, dumb people turn to "magic" for an explanation. The smart people just admit that they don't know ^_^

I don't say that magic explains everything.. I just said "I think".. I admit that i don't know lots of stuff.. I never said that magic explains everything.. But to me, it explains alot..And, when we talk about magicans on Tv.. Thats junk..

This topic seems a little rough but I suppose it's what you get for posting about magic in the Science section. >.-No magic here. I have had an interest in magic in the past though, ouija boards and all that.But I suppose it's psychological more than anything else. I find magic is more to do with religious beliefs. There isn't any science or logic about it. It's just an excuse for something when it can't be explained.^^;

Magic to me is just a really clever trick or illusion that someone uses to manipulate the viewing audience. Although the magic trick itself is sometimes awesome to see there is really not truth behind it but a mere scam to trick your mind and keeps you guessing. For example, a very famous magician most of you probably would know is Chris angel I believe, he is a very amazing magician that does things that I didnt think could be humanly possible. How he set up his tricks and makes others believe its real is amazingly good. Too hard for anyone to even figure out how something like what he does is done. I remember watching one of his episodes where he did a trick where he seperated a human being at a public park and the other half left their body freely as the other half stood there freaked out of what happend. He is an amazing and probably well respected magcian. Real or not its entertainment on its own that is satisfying to many. I however would like to see something real, like a flying flaming person or a teleporting person, something real would be nice.

kqd2006. you said you wanted to see teleporting persons or something like that.. I've seen it, on Tv, but I don't think they fake that stuff..

So you really believe that the person was teleported by the magician on the TV? It's just a trick and magic is much much easier to make on TV when in front of people, the hardest way to do magic is in an amphitheatre in front of people, which isn't to big, I mean the amphitheatre ^_^

acctually, he did it in front of people.. He was outside doing it.. and he had three minutes to remove some ropes, or else a 5 Ton block would fall on him.. and then, 3 minutess later, he was in a house that took atleast 10 mins to run to.. and remeber that he had ropes, and that the ropes was so hard tied, so they needed atleast 5 mins to take off, and then he would need 10 more minutess to run to the house..