xisto Community
Ike_ve

Do You Want To Know When You'll Be Dead? If you had the chance to find out, would you take it?

So..If you had the chance to knew when and how you would die, would you take it or just leave it and find out by yourself.Also, if you found out, you can't change it. For example, if you die by a bullet in a war, you can't stop it by not going at the war..I really would want to know when i would die, young or old. Just to know, so if i die young, i'll do the most against the law things, and if i die old, i would study much, would find a good job, familly etc...So.. Do you want to know when you will die?

I would absolutely not want to know when I die. When it comes, it comes - and that is all there is to it. I would likely become preoccupied with the date it would occur on and unfortunately be very depressed about it, although I would be departing to something much better :P. I would know the exact day I would be leaving behind everyone I love and care about behind, which is something I rather not have knowledge of.

I would love to know when I was going to die. I would then take the chance to do anything to put my self in harms way. Get in my car and just floor it, never stooping for the cops. Rob a store. and then i would end the party by skydiving with out a para shoot.

I would love to know when I was going to die. I would then take the chance to do anything to put my self in harms way. Get in my car and just floor it, never stooping for the cops. Rob a store. and then i would end the party by skydiving with out a para shoot.

You would spend your last days putting others in harms way and causing chaos B)??? I mean, driving like a maniac surely endangers other drivers, not to mention the police officers chasing you. Robbing a store can result in people being shot, etc.. excellent way to end your life :P

No I would not want to know when I die. And there is no way of predicting it, it's impossible. There is no such thing as destiny. We always can change our future. This statment reminds me of the movie Final Destination??? B)Anyway so no it's not a good thing to know when you die. It will happen sooner or later, or if technology allows for invulnerability, Which is highly unlikely :P.

You would spend your last days putting others in harms way and causing chaos B) ??? I mean, driving like a maniac surely endangers other drivers, not to mention the police officers chasing you. Robbing a store can result in people being shot, etc.. excellent way to end your life :P

Yes putting other people in harms way is a risk that im willing to take, because if i had it my why, when i died, so would everyone. >B) But dosent getting in to a high speed pursuit with the cops just sound like fun, well tell the jail part. And if im going to go out its going to be extream.

I would hate knowing when i were to die, even more so if it was a slow and painful process. Even if it was smooth and in my sleep, i would not want to know, 'cause then i'd be troubled by such a fact, unless i somehow forget. But it may not be easy forgetting such a thing. But i don't see the sense in causing trouble just because you'd die early. For wouldn't you then be placing yourself in a philosophical dilemma? That is, the reason why you died early is because you thought you were going to die early, therefore you did foolish things? Even if we assume that you were told you were going to die at war and therefore chose to avoid war, yet avoiding war didn't prevent you from dying early. Wouldn't that just mean that you weren't really supposed to die at war but just some time after being told that? Perhaps "war" was metaphorical, where you were at "war" with the police all because you thought you were going to die young and therefore took it upon yourself to do foolish things. For this reason, i don't see it wise to do foolish things just because you somehow managed to convince yourself that you'd be on some level justified in doing such.

And there is no way of predicting it, it's impossible.

The end of your life can be predicted by the one who has your life in their hands.

No way, man. I do not want to know when I will die. Then it will be pointless to live. Knowing that you have this-much time to live. As the old saying says "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. that is why it is called the present!"

Probably not. I would think about it all the time and make myself not even be able to spend the rest of my life happily. If I do die, I want to do it where I don't know it until .06 seconds before so I won't have enough time to panic. x3 It's also better off not knowing because I'd spend the rest of my life trying to fix the future like some kind of crazy video game... even after being told I can't change it. :PEdit: Actually, that sounds like fun. o.o

Edited by bk2070 (see edit history)

Probably yes. I think what's most important about having to know the time of death, is that it can help somebody to free himself/herself of all the moral and physical debts people owe him/her. Before he/she goes away.

Of course I want to know when I will die.Have you ever seen the Big Fish movie? Edward Bloom take a lot of risk because he knows that "I don?t will die today".This could be a great advantage in the life of any people.But of course If I?d know that i will die tomorrow...That is another story...

i believe i'd rather not know. i do see how it could have its advantages... however, what makes life worth living is its unpredictable nature. if i knew how it was all going to pan out, it wouldn't be worth living. you would never take true risks because you would already know whether or not you were going to survive based on when you knew you would die. the sense of true adventure in life would immediately be diminished once you knew just how long you could remain essentially invincible (if you were given a finite death date, you would have no cause for concern regarding events leading up to that date).all in all... i feel that life would lose its sense of adventure and as much as it can be a massive pain in the *bottom* at times, i'm quite certain that life without that adventure would not be worth the effort.