How To Change Windows Xp Language ?

iGuest

Changeing Windows XP Language

Replying to iGuestReplying to wischi

After a little search I've found ont he microsofts website this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download

This supports the following languages:

Windows XP Embedded with SP1 ships with the languages listed below.

* Arabic

* Chinese Simplified

* Chinese Traditional

* Czech

* Danish

* Dutch

* English

* Finnish

* French

* German

* Greek

* Hebrew

* Hungarian

* Italian

* Japanese

* Korean

* Norwegian

* Polish

* Portuguese

* Portuguese (Brazilian)

* Russian

* Spanish

* Swedish

* Turkish

I hope this could help you.

-reply by Imre

iGuest

Windows XP Starting/Shutting Down Language change

I have computer with Win XP SP1 with Arabic Language version.When I first start the computer, the language of Starting/Shutting down under windows XP logo is shown in Arabic. How to change it to English.

-question by mukut das

iGuest

my computer

Hi my name is kieron and my mate baught me a computer from poland and I'm in the same situation it is all in polish and I don't understand a word of it any help would be bloody brilliaint

-reply by kieron

iGuest

Japanese to english

Replying to wischi

Sadly just setting your language to the preferred one in <control panel> <regional and language settings> will not do. All this does is lets you see JUST the date in your language and maybe show currencies and time related info as per the language you choose. I havn't found it to do anything else.

After going through numerous forums, I've seen that there's perhaps no way around this problem other than re-installing your system with the preferred language version of windows, which means you have to shell out more money.

Thank you Bill!

-reply by k4rmix

iGuest

To change the whole system language you should install newer service pack with different language. 

For axample if you have XP SP2 in ENG and want to have it in Italian, you will have to download SP3 in Italian, change some registry keys (go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguage registry key, and then change the value date for ?Default? and ?InstallLanguage? registry value from 0409 to 0410) and you'll be able to install it in Italian. 

If no problems occur, you will have the whole system language changed.Here is the list of numbers that represents each language in registry: 

0436 = "af;Afrikaans" 041C = "sq;Albanian" 0001 = "ar;Arabic" 0401 = "ar-sa;Arabic (Saudi Arabia)" 0801 = "ar-iq;Arabic (Iraq)" 0C01 = "ar-eg;Arabic (Egypt)" 1001 = "ar-ly;Arabic (Libya)" 1401 = "ar-dz;Arabic (Algeria)" 1801 = "ar-ma;Arabic (Morocco)" 1C01 = "ar-tn;Arabic (Tunisia)" 2001 = "ar-om;Arabic (Oman)" 2401 = "ar-ye;Arabic (Yemen)" 2801 = "ar-sy;Arabic (Syria)" 2C01 = "ar-jo;Arabic (Jordan)" 3001 = "ar-lb;Arabic (Lebanon)" 3401 = "ar-kw;Arabic (Kuwait)" 3801 = "ar-ae;Arabic (you.A.E.)" 3C01 = "ar-bh;Arabic (Bahrain)" 4001 = "ar-qa;Arabic (Qatar)" 042D = "eu;Basque" 0402 = "bg;Bulgarian" 0423 = "be;Belarusian" 0403 = "ca;Catalan" 0004 = "zh;Chinese" 0404 = "zh-tw;Chinese (Taiwan)" 0804 = "zh-cn;Chinese (China)" 0C04 = "zh-hk;Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)" 1004 = "zh-sg;Chinese (Singapore)" 041A = "hr;Croatian" 0405 = "cs;Czech" 0406 = "the;Danish" 0413 = "nl;Dutch (Netherlands)" 0813 = "nl-be;Dutch (Belgium)" 0009 = "en;English" 0409 = "en-us;English (United States)" 0809 = "en-gb;English (United Kingdom)" 0C09 = "en-au;English (Australia)" 1009 = "en-ca;English (Canada)" 1409 = "en-nz;English (New Zealand)" 1809 = "en-ie;English (Ireland)" 1C09 = "en-za;English (South Africa)" 2009 = "en-jm;English (Jamaica)" 2809 = "en-bz;English (Belize)" 2C09 = "en-tt;English (Trinidad)" 0425 = "et;Estonian" 0438 = "fo;Faeroese" 0429 = "fa;Farsi" 040B = "fi;Finnish" 040C = "fr;French (France)" 080C = "fr-be;French (Belgium)" 0C0C = "fr-ca;French (Canada)" 100C = "fr-ch;French (Switzerland)" 140C = "fr-lu;French (Luxembourg)" 043C = "gd;Gaelic" 0407 = "de;German (Germany)" 0807 = "de-ch;German (Switzerland)" 0C07 = "de-at;German (Austria)" 1007 = "de-lu;German (Luxembourg)" 1407 = "de-li;German (Liechtenstein)" 0408 = "el;Greek" 040D = "he;Hebrew" 0439 = "hi;Hindi" 040E = "hu;Hungarian" 040F = "is;Icelandic" 0421 = "in;Indonesian" 0410 = "it;Italian (Italy)" 0810 = "it-ch;Italian (Switzerland)" 0411 = "ja;Japanese" 0412 = "ko;Korean" 0426 = "lv;Latvian" 0427 = "lt;Lithuanian" 042F = "mk;FYRO Macedonian" 043E = "ms;Malay (Malaysia)" 043A = "mt;Maltese"0414 = "no;Norwegian (Bokmal)" 0814 = "no;Norwegian (Nynorsk)" 0415 = "pl;Polish" 0416 = "pt-br;Portuguese (Brazil)" 0816 = "pt;Portuguese (Portugal)" 0417 = "rm;Rhaeto-Romanic" 0418 = "ro;Romanian" 0818 = "ro-mo;Romanian (Moldova)" 0419 = "ru;Russian" 0819 = "ru-mo;Russian (Moldova)" 0C1A = "sr;Serbian (Cyrillic)" 081A = "sr;Serbian (Latin)" 041B = "sk;Slovak" 0424 = "sl;Slovenian" 042E = "sb;Sorbian" 040A = "es;Spanish (Traditional Sort)" 080A = "es-mx;Spanish (Mexico)" 0C0A = "es;Spanish (International Sort)" 100A = "es-gt;Spanish (Guatemala)" 140A = "es-cr;Spanish (Costa Rica)" 180A = "es-pa;Spanish (Panama)" 1C0A = "es-do;Spanish (Dominican Republic)" 200A = "es-ve;Spanish (Venezuela)" 240A = "es-co;Spanish (Colombia)" 280A = "es-pe;Spanish (Peru)" 2C0A = "es-ar;Spanish (Argentina)" 300A = "es-ec;Spanish (Ecuador)" 340A = "es-cl;Spanish (Chile)" 380A = "es-uy;Spanish (Uruguay)" 3C0A = "es-py;Spanish (Paraguay)" 400A = "es-bo;Spanish (Bolivia)" 440A = "es-sv;Spanish (El Salvador)" 480A = "es-hn;Spanish (Honduras)" 4C0A = "es-ni;Spanish (Nicaragua)" 500A = "es-pr;Spanish (Puerto Rico)" 0430 = "sx;Sutu" 041D = "sv;Swedish" 081D = "sv-fi;Swedish (Finland)" 041E = "th;Thai" 0431 = "ts;Tsonga" 0432 = "tn;Tswana" 041F = "tr;Turkish" 0422 = "uk;Ukrainian" 0420 = "your;Urdu" 042A = "vi;Vietnamese" 0434 = "xh;Xhosa" 043D = "ji;Yiddish" 0435 = "zu;Zulu"
-reply by pucek

iGuest

To Change the language of Windows XPHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

To changeThe whole system language you should install newer service pack with differentLanguage. Or Uninstall the last installed Service Pack and after change the registrysettings below install it again.

Make always a backup of your Registry at first !

For xample

If you have XP SP2 in ENG and want to have it in Italian, you will have toDownload SP3 in Italian, change some registry keys (go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguageRegistry key, and then change the value date for ?Default? and?InstallLanguage? registry value from 0409 to 0410) and you'll be able toInstall it in Italian. 

If noProblems occur, you will have the whole system language changed.

Here is the List of numbers that represents each language in registry: 

-reply by Ing, Wop NLD

ledabomber

Ok...... Find an English computer...... go to a torrent site......download an english version of windows in an iso file..........burn it to a CD with ImgBurn........Put it in CD-Drive......turn off laptop....turn it back on.....it should boot from CD.....install windows english.... If it's not booting from the CD, try changing the BIOS settings. Also, try the Regional > Language thing.

iGuest

To change the whole system language you should install newer service pack with different language. 

For axample if you have XP SP2 in ENG and want to have it in Italian, you will have to download SP3 in Italian, change someregistry keys (go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguage registry key, and then change the value date for ?Default? and ?InstallLanguage? registry value from 0409 to 0410) and you'll be able to install it in Italian. 

If no problems occur, you will have the whole system language changed. Here is the list of numbers that represents each language in registry: 

I can confirm that this does work.  I was tasked with troubleshooting a mahcine for work tat came from a client office in Guatamala.  I applied SP3, changed the registry keys as stated to 0409 = "en-us;English (United States)" and everything is working fine in English.

-reply by Jeff

iGuest

Works!How To Change Windows Xp Language ?

I too can confirm this worked!  I have a laptop with XP Home Edition in English, with English SP3 installed.  Then I changed the registry key to Chinese Simplified, and then installed Chinese SP3.  And everything is now in Chinese!

-reply by B Soo

iGuest

Regedit before or after install?How To Change Windows Xp Language ?

Do I edit registry before or after the install??

"change the value date for ?Default? and?InstallLanguage? registry value from 0409 to 0410)" I don't understand this - I have a couple of folders under nls and some are in chinese

-reply by Matt

iGuest

solutionHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

Replying to iGuest

1.Go to start2. Press run 3. Type Regedit 4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE go to "SYSTEM" go to "ControlSet001" go to "Control" go to "Nls" go to " languages" 5. Change the Default? and ?InstallLanguage? (first and last in the list) to 0409 [for you.S english, for other codes look down in the thread], just press the 6. Download and install Sp3 for xp in English 7. Restart computer. 8. Be happy for it works. Massive thanks to the orginal poster, works just fine, though some desktop names and folders remain in orginal languadge.-reply by luka

iGuest

I did this but got this error ::::

Service Pack 3 Setup Error

Setup cannot update your Windows XP

files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language.

and I got this extra bit of information about the control pannel from this site

Mydigitallife.Info/2007/12/14/trick-to-install-windows-xp-sp3-rc-in-non-english-language-editions/

To change the system installed locale language, run Registry Editor, and then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguage registry key, and then change the value date for ?Default? and ?InstallLanguage? registry value to ?0409?, which represent US English.

Then, open Control Panel, and open Regional and Language Options. In Regional Options and Advanced tabs, set the language to English (US) as default format and language for non-Unicode programs. Click on ?OK? when done, and then reboot the system.

Try to install the downloaded XP SP1 setup package. It should beAble to install without any error now. If you still get theIncompatible language prompt, try to restart computer into Safe Mode and try to install SP3 in Safe Mode.

havnt tried it yet but it makes sense coz I screwed around to muchWith the regional settings b4 I found out about changing the regeditAnd had the problem error when installing the xp sp3

I should be able to fix the reginal settings now and it should work

iGuest

I got this error "Service Pack 3 Setup Error"

Setup cannot update your Windows XP

files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language

and found the Souloution on this site :

Mydigitallife.Info/2007/12/14/trick-to-install-windows-xp-sp3-rc-in-non-english-language-editions

Lzryde

There might be an update you can install to change the language. I know you can change the language your keyboard outputs and all that in 'Regional and Language Settings' in your Control Panel.

veerumits

Dear u need a windows XP language choose software for this to chnge the language, or you can reinsatall your windows xp. your problem sure solve.

iGuest

Cannot update XP files with a patch. Lg. system differs from lg. update.How To Change Windows Xp Language ?Hi everyone.I cannot update my McMillan dictionary files on my XP, because the language system is different from the language update. I am not a Pc expert, so I do not know how to deal with this problem.I do beg you to help me. I will be unimaginably grateful for anyone for any hints or tips.Lots of thanks in advance, Mark.-question by Mark

iGuest

Summary:

This article describes how to change the language in Windows XP.Setting the language does not change the language of Windows menus andDialogs, but it does allow you to display text in other languages andTo enter text in other languages. Some languages (typically AsianLanguages) will not appear correctly in the eWebEditPro menus and dialogsUnless the default language matches the language of the eWebEditProLocale XML data. Multiple languages will appear in the editor's contentWindow regardless of the language chosen for the menus and dialogs.

Changing the language does not change the language of theMenus and dialogs of Windows or Windows applications like InternetExplorer. For more information on changing the language of WindowsItself and IE, see the references below.

Language settings in Windows 95/98/Me are significantly differentAnd beyond the scope of this article. Windows NT does not support fullyChanging the language from English to Asian. The native version ofWindows NT is required to use Japanese, Chinese, or Korean.

Set a default language of the system to match the language you wishTo display. You may need to install the language from the Windows SetupCD-ROM. You may need to restart Windows after selecting a new systemLanguage.

Steps to change the default system language (Windows XP)

• Open the Control Panel.

• Open Regional and Language Options.

• Click the Languages tab.

• Ensure Supplemental language support items are checked.https://developer.ektron.com/

• Click the Advanced tab.

• Select the language from the list in the Language for non-Unicode programs.   

https://developer.ektron.com/

-reply by Rayar

iGuest

Its not goodHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

Yes it can be set language in the regional and language option but after this try to have a password for your account then log-off when you log-in the language are not set for the language you choice to the language option, it is happen me yesterday now I can't used my computer its better to reinstall new OS with english language!

-reply by jake76

CSK001

Hi,
This is one of my favorite forum. I would say, thanks for providing this useful information. I, must appreciate the tools provided by you. Please keep updating me.

CSK

My skin used to be pretty dry- then I discovered this product by Castle Baths, Hand and Body Lotion- with Shea Butter- my favorite is the Jubilee with Pink Grapefruit!

Hand and Body Lotion- with Shea Butter

iGuest

change xp language reinstalling SP3 with the target languageHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

To changeThe whole system language you shouldInstall newer service pack with differentLanguage. Or Uninstall theLast installed Service Pack and after change the registrysettings belowInstall it again.

Make always a backup of your Registry at first !

For xample

If you have XP SP2 in ENG and want to have it inItalian, you will have toDownload SP3 in Italian (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ change language to desired one then download), change some registryKeys (go toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguage RegistryKey, and then change the value date for ?Default? and?InstallLanguage?Registry value from 0409 to 0410) reboot and you'll be able toInstall SP3 inItalian. 

If noProblems occur, you will have the whole system language changed. /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley2.Gif

Here is the List of numbers that represents each language in registry: 

source: http://forums.xisto.com/Change-Windows-Xp-Language-t42333.Html&st=20

-reply by hint

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2Page 3Page 4

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.