xisto Community
cjm1504

How To Change Windows Xp Language ?

Re: To Change the language of Windows XPHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?Hi!My computer has installed Windows XP Home edition Greek language and I want to change to English.I changed the language code from Greek to English at the registry keys and then I run the SP3 EN, but I received the following message:Service Pack 3 Setup Error:Setup cannot update your Windows XP files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language.Any advice??Jimcob-reply by jimcob

Re: To change the language of Windows XP

1 start menu

2 Run...

3 Open:regedit(start the registry editor)

4 choose HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >>

5 SYSTEM >>

6 ControlSet001 >>

7 Control >>

8 Nls >>

9 Language (open this folder)

10 Come down the bottom, right click "Default" select modify option, modify "Value data" to 0409 (English)

11 Right click "InstallLanguage" select modify option, modify "Value data" to 0409 (English)

12 Close Registry Editor

13 Restart your PC for changes to take effect

Awesome.... It worked. My laptop was configured with Spanish language. I could not change in regional setting. I changed the registry as stated and then installed Windows XP service Pack 3. I downloaded the Windows XP service pack from Microsoft's website. There were some drivers which were configured in spanish which are still in spanish. I would love to see them changed but I am ok ..

Thanks for the help....

To change the whole system language you should install newer service pack with different language.?<div>?</div><div>For axample if you have XP SP2 in ENG and want to have it in Italian, you will have to download SP3 in Italian, change some registry keys (go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguage registry key, and then change the value date for ?Default? and ?InstallLanguage? registry value from 0409 to 0410) and you'll be able to install it in Italian.?</div><div>?</div><div>If no problems occur, you will have the whole system language changed.Here is the list of numbers that represents each language in registry:?<div>?</div><div>0436 = "af;Afrikaans" 041C = "sq;Albanian" 0001 = "ar;Arabic" 0401 = "ar-sa;Arabic (Saudi Arabia)" 0801 = "ar-iq;Arabic (Iraq)" 0C01 = "ar-eg;Arabic (Egypt)" 1001 = "ar-ly;Arabic (Libya)" 1401 = "ar-dz;Arabic (Algeria)" 1801 = "ar-ma;Arabic (Morocco)" 1C01 = "ar-tn;Arabic (Tunisia)" 2001 = "ar-om;Arabic (Oman)" 2401 = "ar-ye;Arabic (Yemen)" 2801 = "ar-sy;Arabic (Syria)" 2C01 = "ar-jo;Arabic (Jordan)" 3001 = "ar-lb;Arabic (Lebanon)" 3401 = "ar-kw;Arabic (Kuwait)" 3801 = "ar-ae;Arabic (you.A.E.)" 3C01 = "ar-bh;Arabic (Bahrain)" 4001 = "ar-qa;Arabic (Qatar)" 042D = "eu;Basque" 0402 = "bg;Bulgarian" 0423 = "be;Belarusian" 0403 = "ca;Catalan" 0004 = "zh;Chinese" 0404 = "zh-tw;Chinese (Taiwan)" 0804 = "zh-cn;Chinese (China)" 0C04 = "zh-hk;Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)" 1004 = "zh-sg;Chinese (Singapore)" 041A = "hr;Croatian" 0405 = "cs;Czech" 0406 = "the;Danish" 0413 = "nl;Dutch (Netherlands)" 0813 = "nl-be;Dutch (Belgium)" 0009 = "en;English" 0409 = "en-us;English (United States)" 0809 = "en-gb;English (United Kingdom)" 0C09 = "en-au;English (Australia)" 1009 = "en-ca;English (Canada)" 1409 = "en-nz;English (New Zealand)" 1809 = "en-ie;English (Ireland)" 1C09 = "en-za;English (South Africa)" 2009 = "en-jm;English (Jamaica)" 2809 = "en-bz;English (Belize)" 2C09 = "en-tt;English (Trinidad)" 0425 = "et;Estonian" 0438 = "fo;Faeroese" 0429 = "fa;Farsi" 040B = "fi;Finnish" 040C = "fr;French (France)" 080C = "fr-be;French (Belgium)" 0C0C = "fr-ca;French (Canada)" 100C = "fr-ch;French (Switzerland)" 140C = "fr-lu;French (Luxembourg)" 043C = "gd;Gaelic" 0407 = "de;German (Germany)" 0807 = "de-ch;German (Switzerland)" 0C07 = "de-at;German (Austria)" 1007 = "de-lu;German (Luxembourg)" 1407 = "de-li;German (Liechtenstein)" 0408 = "el;Greek" 040D = "he;Hebrew" 0439 = "hi;Hindi" 040E = "hu;Hungarian" 040F = "is;Icelandic" 0421 = "in;Indonesian" 0410 = "it;Italian (Italy)" 0810 = "it-ch;Italian (Switzerland)" 0411 = "ja;Japanese" 0412 = "ko;Korean" 0426 = "lv;Latvian" 0427 = "lt;Lithuanian" 042F = "mk;FYRO Macedonian" 043E = "ms;Malay (Malaysia)" 043A = "mt;Maltese"0414 = "no;Norwegian (Bokmal)" 0814 = "no;Norwegian (Nynorsk)" 0415 = "pl;Polish" 0416 = "pt-br;Portuguese (Brazil)" 0816 = "pt;Portuguese (Portugal)" 0417 = "rm;Rhaeto-Romanic" 0418 = "ro;Romanian" 0818 = "ro-mo;Romanian (Moldova)" 0419 = "ru;Russian" 0819 = "ru-mo;Russian (Moldova)" 0C1A = "sr;Serbian (Cyrillic)" 081A = "sr;Serbian (Latin)" 041B = "sk;Slovak" 0424 = "sl;Slovenian" 042E = "sb;Sorbian" 040A = "es;Spanish (Traditional Sort)" 080A = "es-mx;Spanish (Mexico)" 0C0A = "es;Spanish (International Sort)" 100A = "es-gt;Spanish (Guatemala)" 140A = "es-cr;Spanish (Costa Rica)" 180A = "es-pa;Spanish (Panama)" 1C0A = "es-do;Spanish (Dominican Republic)" 200A = "es-ve;Spanish (Venezuela)" 240A = "es-co;Spanish (Colombia)" 280A = "es-pe;Spanish (Peru)" 2C0A = "es-ar;Spanish (Argentina)" 300A = "es-ec;Spanish (Ecuador)" 340A = "es-cl;Spanish (Chile)" 380A = "es-uy;Spanish (Uruguay)" 3C0A = "es-py;Spanish (Paraguay)" 400A = "es-bo;Spanish (Bolivia)" 440A = "es-sv;Spanish (El Salvador)" 480A = "es-hn;Spanish (Honduras)" 4C0A = "es-ni;Spanish (Nicaragua)" 500A = "es-pr;Spanish (Puerto Rico)" 0430 = "sx;Sutu" 041D = "sv;Swedish" 081D = "sv-fi;Swedish (Finland)" 041E = "th;Thai" 0431 = "ts;Tsonga" 0432 = "tn;Tswana" 041F = "tr;Turkish" 0422 = "uk;Ukrainian" 0420 = "your;Urdu" 042A = "vi;Vietnamese" 0434 = "xh;Xhosa" 043D = "ji;Yiddish" 0435 = "zu;Zulu" </div><div>-reply by pucek</div></div>

CHANGING THE LANGUAGE IN XP

Would'nt it just be easier to tell people to go to control panel select regional/ language options, on the regional tab select your language ??

-reply by jdog

Dude, by doing like you said you'll change keybord language, maybe languages at websites, but not language at windows system.

I mean not language off error windows, or language at control panel. I know becouse ive got PC from Sweden, but i dont know Swedish, so ive tried all the ways to change it, but anything ivge tried worked for me...

that does not work, I have xp with all language and regional settings to Portuguese but still all in English.

CHANGING THE LANGUAGE IN XP

Would'nt it just be easier to tell people to go to control panel select regional/ language options, on the regional tab select your language ??

-reply by jdog

You need to have Service Pack 3 and language packs included to do that.If you have them preinstalled , you need to find the registry editor (do it only if you know what you do) by pressing Windows+R and writing regedit. Then find the specific key and edit it's value to a 2 number language code.

Regional and Language settings

Hi John,

Thanks for the info. However here, the "Start -> Control Panel, Regional and Language settings", is not possible to find, because the same is also in different language [ Korean Here ]. Could you please let us know what is the symbol displayed for this option so that we can click that option.

Thanks in advance,

Raja

-reply by Raja

This should help with the icon but I still can't figure out how to change it since it's in chinese...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/