xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hansley

Yahoo Is Better Than Google!?!? What is up with that?

That's a very good point, as we speak I use SBC Yahoo DSL, which I think Google will sometime create (not with SBC of course, :)) but it seems plausable, and i have much more ease finding things with Yahoo! than Google. -There's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :P (btw, like my new catchphrase? :D)

[COD]Gmail : Still in Beta! Why do they want it beta.. Its been such a long time. People say its 1 GB Email. haha.. My mail box shows I got more than 2000mb that is 2GB. Am I supposed to be glad about this, Or should I worry cause it might be a bug and tomorrow my mail size can be 2 mb! One more thing, 1 GB space is not possible in reality. Hotmail has such huge cash with it, that it can build a network of super computers to give members more than that. Why do you think these guys are giving 2 mb. Yahoo can also give 1 GB (which they claimed), but It is not doing it. Think! , there must be some reason. 1 Million accounts x 1 GB sounds to be a Joke. Who is professional now ?One thing I admire about Google is the speed. Ya, with a very simple interface with no images, Everything will be fast. Yahoo, Just needs to start a LOFI version of their mail like I do for my forums and provide POP access. That will overpower it. That is all about the mail.[/code]It's still in Beta but it now has 2GB so you should not be glad about it... if you stoppped telling shits about google and started searching for google stuff you would know about it.I believe they have 2GB on each e-mail because if you don't know there is a program called Peer 2 Mail which uploads files (games, appz....) to your e-mail account easilly and people can download it by it. I've already used it and approved (not at all).If they didn't have 1GB for all accounts why would they add 2GBs? And if I'm not wrong, yahoo already has 1Gb e-mails.Why would I use a nice interface e-mail if I have a simple, fast, and cute interface on gmail? Gmail doesn't takes more than 5s to connect... Maybe for you it takes more than 10s it depends on how fast you type :) ...

It can be true, and it can't be true, for some keyword search, yahoo! might be better than google. But, i do HATE yahoo search, first, too many ads, and i can't use such way like i do to googling. When you come up with problem searchin specific extension of file.. (looking for e-book with extension *.pdf for example),... google does it better than EVERYTHING... so sley, you should think twice to post that yahoo is btter than google.... :)

Gmail : Still in Beta! Why do they want it beta.. Its been such a long time

yeah, i wonder when they release the-not-beta-version.... so far, i know google have:
1. Gmail Beta
2. Desktop Search Beta
3. Froogle Beta?

coming forward? may be, google auctions, google messenger, google games, and many more of google, yeah this the way to googlelize the world...

Chiclete, you just repeated everything Opaque said.One thing that this article didn't point out is the Google features. What about Froogle? Groups, news, the answer section? What about Google's blogger? Google has an instant messaging system for pictures, and a place where you can download APIs and open source codes. Google has a very nice template, which makes it faster and more attractive. When I try to navigate around Yahoo, it's a mess! It takes me around 20 seconds to find something I want to do. And Yahoo's site is so slow because of their images! Google has one, and that makes it so much faster.Everyone feel free to contradict my paragraph, I know Yahoo may have similar items.

To sandymc: I believe it is you that need to read my article twice, I wasn't agreeing on Yahoo being a better search engine than Google.Ok here is my point of view.Yahoo! obviously provides more features for its users, such as Greeting Cards, Games, Messengers, and others.Gmail, however, as far as I can see, provides search engine, email, online storage, and some business related feature (I dont know much about this). Oh and a new feature called Google group.Speaking of groups, have anyone tried Google and Yahoo group? Well, I have. Google group is solely created to facilitate group mailing but it doesn't allow uploading and storage of files like Yahoo does. So in this field, I can say that Yahoo is better.In term of search engine, I believe Google and Yahoo is somehow equal. They both can provide us the information we need and most of the time, they got the same results.When it comes to email, however, Google is obviously better. It has no advertisements whatsoever. And it is very fast. Not to mention that it has an obviously bigger storage than that of Yahoo. Oh and btw, Gmail has expand its storage to 2 GB! So Yahoo has to let go the trophy for this one.Well, I guess that is my opinion on both Yahoo and Google.

<<SNIP>>

google is only a search engine, and it is the best search engine now, in the future it will be msn search, why? because bill gates has already spent 100 milloin  bucks, and more is coming up.

<<SNIP>>

69500[/snapback]

MSN search will not likely be even in the same league as Google, I have no doubt however of Micro$oft's ability to take over the search market dispite not being the best search engine. Micro$oft has a track record of releasing sub-standard product, and yet through marketing magic make that product the new standard. If you doubt me look at any one of thier products, almost every product that Micro$oft has ever released has had competetors with superior products, but they managed to grab the majority of the marketshare.

They're both the same! In gmail most usernames are taken, same with yahoo ! mail. Same thing with the search engine. Google used to own Yahoo! but now, when youre searching for something, use yahoo then google and look... they both have the same links/pages.

Sorry Izlude, but your logic is flawed. First of all in any free email system the common usernames get used up quickly, so it is natural that it would be tough to pick a username in Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or any other popular system. Next, yahoo and google are both searching the same internet, so it is natural that many of the links found in one search engine would be found in another, the results are not the same, doubt me? Type "just a test of search engines" in both yahoo and google, the results ARE different. Finally Google NEVER owned Yahoo. Yahoo predates google by a number of years. Yahoo directory opened in 1994 or 1995 (can't reacall exactly when), Google on the otherhand doesn't show up on raidar until 1998. The closest you could say either one has been to owning each other is that David Filo (co-founder of Yahoo!) encouraged Sergey Brin and Larry Page (creators of google) to create the search engine. Although Yahoo was using google as it primary search engine provider (remember Yahoo is NOT a search engine by default, but rather a directory service and the search service for sites not listed in the directory is outsourced). Even taking this into effect Yahoo still has sites in its directory listed in priority, wich throws the results off quite a bit.The comparison between yahoo and google should be on feature set not on irrelevent data such as username availability (which is probably still much better on Gmail since it still is, in theory, still in beta and only available by invite) or by the irrelevent fact that the same sites show up on both search engines.

haha wyllt, i believe the term OWN isn't referring to possesion or ownership but rather it is supposed to mean SUPERIOR in this case. In other words, he believes that google IS SUPERIOR to yahoo.and hansley, gmail has ads. They are text ads similar to their adsense ads.

I think it depends upon person to person that they like google or yahoo. But I would like to say that both are good and providing good service to the people. Both are true winners and it is not always good to compare the two good things.