xisto Community
manuleka

What Happened To The Forums Recent Or Latest Posts Section?

i think this new look is fantastic with this IPBoard upgrade but i'm wondering if it's possible to bring back the recent or latest posts section that usually sits on top of the forum... would be nice to just pop in to the site and see the latest posts, usually they're are the ones that most users would be most interested in getting straight into also - what's happening to my mycents? after more than ten posts there's still no change :(

Have a look at the "View New Content" button, on the upper right part of the main screen, just under the "Search" white rectangle.Now you have several ways to see the new contents : New since my last visit, content I have not read, past 24 hours and some more.It's worth having a look.

so has the mycent system changed? seems like my mycents hasn't changed in awhile?

The mycents are frozen until the forum upgrade is finished. Then, the daemons will be restarted. Don't worry, no MyCents will be lost.

I just hope so they don't get lost. As per my observation all these years it's the opposite. As of now in case of KS it is running manually by mods. I dont know what plans opaque has for Xisto. Running mycents manual or running them like they used to be. In either case I don't expect anything positive. Yordan knows that how many times I have lost a large portion of mycent and only after with his help I have managed to recover few mycents when i talked about it in chatrooms. I just hope this doesn't happen again only to me. It's like giving ME the signals - ' go off and we are not interested in your contribution and allocating mycents'. All i'm getting these days are these type of vibes. More power to me for finding the alternatives next year.

Is this myCENTs frozen thing going to last long? My "plan" expires in a few weeks and I really need to step it up and possibly this will be the last year I can get by without paying actual money.

Is this myCENTs frozen thing going to last long? My "plan" expires in a few weeks and I really need to step it up and possibly this will be the last year I can get by without paying actual money.

Open a ticket at Xisto, mentioning that the MyCents are frozen due to the forum upgrade. They will transmit to the commercial staff, which certainly will freeze your invoices until the update is finished.

I sort of have an update on the entire situation. Firstly

@Mahesh, Opa generally doesn't get the time to participate on the forums what with the office and his ongoing programming projects. Hopefully once he finishes the latest project, he should be able to join the forums once again :) so please don't go. It might feel like no one cares but your contributions do matter at both forums.

And NO! the mycents are not controlled MANUALLY! It is only the guest posts that are controlled manually by mods. It was a preposterous myth started by members for some really peculiar reason. Besides you mentioned that your mycent earnings improved since the recent upgrade. The mycent system has always been automatic and still is, the script runs automatically irrespective of a person screening the posts or not. So there is no way your earnings have been affected by the screening module. I think you need to give the forums one more chance, start opening more topics and see how things go from there.. maybe you'll see a difference.

Secondly, Opa is working real hard on getting all the codes up and running so that members get their mycents. Again I am going to repeat it.. Your posts are earning you the mycents even if they aren't getting deposited in your account. Once Opa finishes the code, all of the missing mycent will be added to your panels. Till then, send an email to sales at Xisto - Web Hosting dot com with your forum profile link and hosting/domain renewal due.. Your sites will not be affected until this is sorted :)

The forum links are broken.

Open Discussion & Free Web Hosting - brings you to Xisto.com

@vhortex

You have reported the problem in your post dated January 27, 2012, and here I am, trying to access the forums on February 22, 2012, with the exact same problem! I wonder what URL everyone else uses to get to the site. Right now, I have the General Discussion link in my history so I am able to access this sub-section of the forums. Perhaps with some more investigation, I should be able to access other parts of the site, but I simply do not have any way to get a list of all of the sub-forums on the website. I do hope that they fix the problem soon because this is becoming harder to work with. I suppose all the regular members that are around here are using a bookmark to access the forums - do share the link if you are one of the folks using a bookmark and able to access the forums normally.