xisto Community
manuleka

Perfect Or Best Free Firewall To Go With Avast Free

i'm installing avast free home ed on my new aspire one netbook... i notice that the free version doesn't have the firewall...any recommendations on a good free firewall tool? one that won't slow down my little netbook?by the way, i've just uninstalled mcafee and win 7 seems to run abit smoother :unsure:

ZoneAlarm is pretty good and basic... I personally use Comodo Internet Security on both my laptop and home computers, but it is a bit large although I don't think it slows down anything. Comodo Internet Security includes antivirus as well, but you can choose not to install that component if you wish to stick with Avast.

Download.com recommends either Comodo Internet Security (more specifically Comodo Firewall), or Online Armor Free, which I have personally never tried before. http://download.cnet.com/2701-2023_4-1030-4.html

Comodo is certainly a good option to use. I've used it for a while and it worked pretty well. It does take up some disk space considerably, but still it is a good choice if you insist on having a good firewall!

i have same question. but i will prefer you pc tools & comodo firewall too..both are best and support avast free version.

yes following up on my hunt, i manage to install comodo which is an awesome tool... it also comes with an AV as well... i'm not sure if the AV cost or not...

Well now its 1 year and i am using avast free .well its really good antivirus to use. I also used some avg and zonealam antivirus but its fails to give me the proper protection.Some best free antivirus some best fire wall but now i found the all in one solution that i can rile on. It stops antivirus , protects from online thread and so on , online shild and many more , The new sandbox option is also impressive. Well its really good for a free antivirus.

I have Avast as my Anti-virus and Comodo as my Firewall and this seems to work pretty well.I did disable the Comodo defense and anti-virus modules because1) Avast it's main business is AV, Comodo's main business were Firewalls, so for me Avast AV > Comodo AV2) The Defense modules asks to many questions and I just ended up clicking yes without thinking :P

If you are an advanced user, any firewall will do for you :-) But for starters... I'd recommend Avast. Its intelligent and easy to use.