xisto Community
imjjss

What Are You Doing On Internet? Business Ideas

But Internet for me is also for communication

I agree, communication is the key point today.Some years ago, we spent a lot of time communicating with a paper and a pencil, sending the paper through snailmail, and then waited a long time before obtaining an answer.
Now internet is almost a real-time tool, you write down your mail and your friend gets it and is able to answer instantly. The smartphones add more efficiency, if you are waiting at the bus stop, you can answer your mails, that's prima!
Of course instant messengers give still more simultaneity to this communication process, however I love the way you can spend a lot of time writing your word-processing document and then ship the document and then wait until your sister has finished carefully reading the document and ships the modified version.

I agree, communication is the key point today.Some years ago, we spent a lot of time communicating with a paper and a pencil, sending the paper through snailmail, and then waited a long time before obtaining an answer.
Now internet is almost a real-time tool, you write down your mail and your friend gets it and is able to answer instantly. The smartphones add more efficiency, if you are waiting at the bus stop, you can answer your mails, that's prima!
Of course instant messengers give still more simultaneity to this communication process, however I love the way you can spend a lot of time writing your word-processing document and then ship the document and then wait until your sister has finished carefully reading the document and ships the modified version.

Who would have thought that it will become so easy and comfortable? I remember when I was a kid and in movies some people could talk through phone and see their faces, it was like, duuhh, impossible, now everyone can do it easilly with Skype or any other tool and a web camera, even in a street or in a bus station with a smart phone if it has a connection :D

I guess later, we will have printers, 3D printers with which we will be able to print anything, we will need to buy materials, download a 3D plan of something, like sneakers and print them out with a 3D printer and whola, new sneakers, you won't even need businesses from which to buy those sneakers, Today I can say: duh that's impossible, but after 20 years I think it will be possible. I guess those 3D models of sneakers will be available on torrent sites? Even though I don't know, what will be cheaper, to print out your car device or to buy it online :D It depends on the future super 3D printer I guess :D

That 3d printer technology seems really awesome and appears to be the next big thing in human development after computers. We cannot even imagine how much change it can bring in the way we humans live. It could simply change the entire life style and business model of today, as most businesses today are concerned with production and supply. These sectors will be affected the most because as @quatrux mentioned, all you need would be a model that would most likely be in software form. For such model, there would be no need for a physical supply chain and they could be easily got through the internet.The production sector will be affected more than the supply sector as there will still be need of getting the raw materials. But there will be no need of mass production of something because everyone would then be able to produce stuff according to his likings.But that is future and no one has seen it yet. We will have to wait and see what happens in the next 50 or so years to this world.

That 3d printer technology seems really awesome and appears to be the next big thing in human development after computers. We cannot even imagine how much change it can bring in the way we humans live. It could simply change the entire life style and business model of today, as most businesses today are concerned with production and supply. These sectors will be affected the most because as @quatrux mentioned, all you need would be a model that would most likely be in software form. For such model, there would be no need for a physical supply chain and they could be easily got through the internet.The production sector will be affected more than the supply sector as there will still be need of getting the raw materials. But there will be no need of mass production of something because everyone would then be able to produce stuff according to his likings.

But that is future and no one has seen it yet. We will have to wait and see what happens in the next 50 or so years to this world.

3D Printers wow... that must cost a fortune hehe (well for me i guess) ....

Internet serves as communication, entertainment, and information for me --- I use it to communicate with other people through social networking sites and communities. Just last last year (2010), creating websites, editing videos and images, playing games, and downloading stuffs have been one of my hobbies. I also enjoy watching dramas, anime, and reading manga in the internet so it's also a form of entertainment for me. It also helps in my studies and in finding answers to some of my questions. Whenever I have to search for something, I just have to type the keywords and then with just a few clicks, I've already found what I need.Using the internet is always one of my daily routine. That's why whenever the connection is down, I just don't know what to do to entertain myself. :lol:

Internet means to me accessing mails coming from friends,relatives,close ones and something related to job prospects.Also internet means search engines where I can satisfy my queries and download study materials.

I normally use the internet for information related to my work,my job involves a lot of writing and so a lot of research has to be done on the content that I need to develop.I somehow enjoy surfing the internet, and sometimes I discover a piece of information that really engages me, difficult to imagine my life without the internet.

Edited by ritu (see edit history)

... difficult to imagine my life without the internet.

agree totally... i can't imagine how i can cope without the Internet, it has become part of our normal daily lives... it's just like how i find it hard not to have my cell phone with me all the time hehe

Can Youtube be used for something other than entertainement? :D

Youtube is definitely meant for entertainment and that is what it does best but one additional thing that I have found it useful with is reviews and tutorial stuff. All the videos of "phonearena.com", a very respected mobile phones and tablets review website, are hosted on youtube. And this is pure information. You get to know stuff that you cannot lay your hands on for the time being. You get guidance for your future decisions and you get very valuable information. Additionally, you also get a chance to view things that you cannot afford to buy and see why they are so expensive. I think of it as pure information that is easily available.

In addition to reviews, another great class of videos is tutorials especially gaming tutorials. These tutorials are mostly made by gamers who cannot afford their own video website and youtube provides them an easy solution to show their expertise to the world. This is also a pure form of information that is easily available and beautifully presented.

Youtube is definitely meant for entertainment and that is what it does best but one additional thing that I have found it useful with is reviews and tutorial stuff. All the videos of "phonearena.com", a very respected mobile phones and tablets review website, are hosted on youtube. And this is pure information. You get to know stuff that you cannot lay your hands on for the time being. You get guidance for your future decisions and you get very valuable information. Additionally, you also get a chance to view things that you cannot afford to buy and see why they are so expensive. I think of it as pure information that is easily available. In addition to reviews, another great class of videos is tutorials especially gaming tutorials. These tutorials are mostly made by gamers who cannot afford their own video website and youtube provides them an easy solution to show their expertise to the world. This is also a pure form of information that is easily available and beautifully presented.

agree... tutorials are some of the reasons why i'm using youtube

agree... tutorials are some of the reasons why i'm using youtube

This is a funny and paradoxal situation. A lot of supposed serious websites are actually used for entertainment. And Youtube, which is known as an entertainment website, is also used by a lot of people for storing very technical tutorials.
That's an example of the free world evolution, you think that something will happen a given way, and free users push it in another direction. Nice example of chaos theory example.