xisto Community
ysNoi

Four Ways To Open Task Manager

As you probably know, Task Manager is what you use in Windows to view (and kill) currently active processes. There are several ways you can easily open Task Manager so I thought I would list four easy ones here:
1. Ctrl + Alt + Del > Click Task Manager. This is the most commonly used method.
2. Right click on the Task Bar and select “Task Manager” from the popup menu.
3. Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
4. Start > Run > taskmgr. This is handy for making a shortcut.

There you have it. If you have an easier way, post it below.

Link:

https://www.pcmech.com/article/four-ways-to-open-task-manager/

For me, I just know the first mentioned above. Now I got four ways to open Task Manager.

I just got this information when I was searching on the web how to fix my friends notebook after his Desktop icon can't be shown on the desktop.

Additional information for me.
Edited by ysNoi (see edit history)

I just got this information when I was searching on the web how to fix my friends notebook after his Desktop icon can't be shown on the desktop.

If you right-click on the desktop, you can see "desktop icons", where you see checkboxes where you can check (if unchecked) "My computer", "network", "configuration panel" etc...This is the way to have "my computer" or "network" come back on the desktop.

I didn't know Ctlr-Shift-Escape. I love it. It opens task manager directly, unlike alt-ctrl-del which is opening a pop-up window inside which you have to click "open task manager".

I don't know if you play computer games Yordan but sometimes when a game crashes and you can't do ANYTHING the best solution is CAD instead of CSE because the overlay of CAD pushes the crashed game back as opposed to CSE opening BEHIND the game.

Usually, when a game freezes the computer, Alt-Tab pushes the game in background, and I can unfreeze it or restart it. And also, almost as usually, if the first Crl-Alt-Del did not unfreeze the game, the second one reboots the PC! :)

Ain't that windows 98 or something?

windows (almost) all versions. Have a look at the "Your first computer" topic, some people around here already played with quite a lot of computers.

I didn't know Ctlr-Shift-Escape. I love it. It opens task manager directly, unlike alt-ctrl-del which is opening a pop-up window inside which you have to click "open task manager".

Me too... You can even use your left hand only to toggle Task Manager.

If you right-click on the desktop, you can see "desktop icons", where you see checkboxes where you can check (if unchecked) "My computer", "network", "configuration panel" etc...This is the way to have "my computer" or "network" come back on the desktop.

Yes, I'm aware of it bro yordan.

I forgot to mention there's totally no response when right clicking his desktop. Anyway, fortunately I was able to bring his desktop to normal after ending one of the processes on Windows Task Manager. I forgot to take note this process but I have seen it unusual.
Edited by ysNoi (see edit history)

I use Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Sometimes i use Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of Fullscreen freezes.

Sometimes, depending on the game, like emulation - press CTRL+Enter or Alt+Enter. Or if you are not picky, just press the "Windows" key, if you want to at least see something.
I agree The CAD is a more safer option cause it tends to halt program.

You can always create a shortcut, or if you have the software to assign hot keys or a keyboard with special keys... program it. A mouse gesture would be a cool way to open the task manager. Me, I like setting the mouse to follow the active window at 450ms. One less thing to click (No pun intended).

For Windows XP the location is "C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe". I'm not sure about the other versions.

But what you probably don't know is... and you can quote me, "You can pretty much copy most of the applications and utilties from the windows directory to another directory, drive, or flash drive and run it. I even rename them sometimes... especially when troubleshooting a system that tries to delete or prevent the said application from running."

I've also seen this before you can assign various shortcut utilties to your My Compter when you right click it in explorer. It is in an entry in a script that makes changes to the HKLM in the registry.

Hope that helps.
Levimage :)
Edited by levimage (see edit history)

There are some task manager alternatives as well. I have one software called Auslogic taskmanager which does everything that task manager can plus many other things. Only place when i found it better over other things is that when i got virus because of which task manager was not open. In that case auslogic software was helpful for me to solve some issues related to virus. I think you should keep atleast one task manager alternative on your desktop. or on USB because who knows when you need some softwares like that.