xisto Community
H.O.D

Gmail Introduces Priority Inbox

the Google mail Priority inbox sounds like a cool idea. the most important emails go in to that inbox which allows you to find the emails you need like invoices from orders online. information from your online banking and so on. obviously i myself am not sure exactly how Google are going to have this new inbox work know that i think about it it just seems pointless. if you need an important email you have the search mail area to find it quicker than your Priority inbox.

Before Gmail introduces that plugin, there used to be a 'priority' header in each email. I am using that before on my company email. The priority list was Urgent, Important and 2 or 3 more items. This was being transmitted over the world wide web and all servers that can translate them picked up the priority flag.I started dishing the idea since most spam mails being generated by professional spammers was being sent with 'Urgent' as priority. I still remember the time that I have 149 'Urgent' spam mails on my inbox and I need to scroll down to see my real emails. I hope Gmail can complete the code and move away from Beta so I can also enjoy this service.

I think it is a neat addition to GMail. It appends all of my subscriptions of Xisto and Xisto to the end but it does put all my important email to the front. I do not receive much email so I guess the priority inbox feature doesn't help me as much. I probably get around 7-8 emails a day and I check my email daily.

I've registered for several Gmail accounts and even have them all linked with each other so what one box receives, so does the other. It's hard, after many years, to just switch over. But I do think Gmail kind of makes that easier considering you can just have it forward to whatever mailbox you want. Gmail definitely is superior to every other mail system.I've had Yahoo .. and all I get is bombarded with spam emails.I've had Hotmail .. the account got hacked.I've had AOL .. limits the amount of mail you can have in your inbox and severely limits the upload limit.I haven't used the priority feature, as I just read all incoming mail and sort it out myself. The labeling system is amazing. I have nearly everything labeled and I have a label for damn near everything. Helps me to find what I need in whatever category quickly. I didn't want to block emails from any of my close friends who can occasionally get annoying by sending me forward emails.. so I've labeled them so I just at least can take the time to read it once in a while.The search feature is powerful, with advanced searching to search from who and what.And the incorporated chat feature and even the Call Phone system that is linked to Google Voice.Yahoo is the most likely guilty of it -- selling your email address to the highest bidder for spam.Gmail, however, respects your privacy, and despite the few ads you may see -- they are often appealing, or at least not in your face advertising.I don't know what it is.. but there has definitely been something about Google that has always appealed to me, and Gmail has been my default email system for over 6 years now.Love it! Highly recommend it! I remember when I was telling everyone about it and kept saying for everyone to get it.. even sending Invites out to anyone who wanted it. Gmail has since been open but those were good times.. that VIP status for a while ;).