xisto Community
aloKNsh

Transferring Electricity Via Air. Wireless transferring of electricity, WILL it ever happen.

What you about this idea of transferring electriciy wirelessley and also almsot all over the world. If this comes into being then i dont think there would be any elecctricity problem ever as the people can get the electricity wirelessley from over the world but if not so then why not just over the country. The place having a large energy production can send the electricity via air to the rural areas where the electricity is scarc and also its valued. The places having a high amount of electricyt is sure to get wasted and the places havign alower electricity generating power will suffer. If the level of concentration is equal in all the places then its almost sure that we might get an good earth to live upon and also if the electricity distrubution is made wirelessly then it will help all. The requirment of chargers willbe omitted and the people wont carry the charger all around and look for a point the laptops can be used in a very rural area where there is no electiricity and for the chinese its a boon. Then have a high number of wires running from nowehre to no where butif one is also broked or cut the circuit breaks its wiered but true. If they can transfer the elsectricty wirelesssley then it would be good for the chinese as they will get some room for some places and the effeciency also incresases. Is there any way of doing it. We can try to convert the electrical waves into electromagnetic pulse and send it over the atmosphere for the users to use. They can have an instrument which can capture the waves and again convert them to electrical pulse and give energy to the required appliance. I know it will need a lot of work and also concepts.Scientist have to cross the border f science. BUt this is what human tedency is making new things and innovating more new things. I am not a scientist so i am not able to tell the things you will need neither i know how to make it but its a dream and dream only comes true. If we give it a try then might be can create a more safe enviornment for our up coming generations and let them call this planet their home not a rubbish planet. There might be someproblems also as the human heart generates electric pulses then might be harmulf for our heart and we could get the heart attack sooner. But this is not the case as we should leave this idea. I htink scientist would be able to make some or the other idea ot get the heart attack stopped or neutrilizing the effect of the electric pulses by immunizing us ffrom the thrreat. Is it possible to do so . If yes then when it will be done. I havent heard any country rubbing their face to complete the motive. They are jus fighting over the terriorism which is equally improtant. But if we can sendthe electricity then it will be good for booth humanity and the others. Transferring electricity would not be the case but to prevent it from being stolesn. As we cant have somekind of pass and username to access but might be in 22 th century my grand grand sons would be able to get this kind of appliances. and they might leave the dream which once i thought of. There are more than housands of minds thinking of this situatun and in the next 100 years it might be possible to transfer the electricty via air and the atmoosphere. Making it happen would be a really tough job as it will need a lot of infrastructure and also a lot of money to set up in the world with anti theft machines and also make the system really work. But its not possible to get the work done fully as its impossible to run the systems gving out the electric pulses and they will need he electricity in the old form and they are goingto get the most of the electricty as they will make the bst thing so its sure that its not a good idea unless we get a perfect idea as how to get it. I know you all mist be thinking is this kid insane no i am not. This is my thought and i really want to make it a real not just a dream and ialso i knwo it wont happen untill i am alvive maybe in near future we will be able to do. But this will happen surely as any one has ever imagined that we can use the wi-fi so easily so why not electricity and use them to the full potential and help the humanity. REMBER NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.anyways this is my opnion and i think every one has their own opnion so why not share with us and let us know what you think about this all.

Nicholas Tesla dreamed of this. Theoretically, transferring electrical energy through air is possible. However, there are many challenges involve.It is nice to keep an open mind aloKNsh. Indeed, anything is possible, but at what cost?We can make a really fast car, but how much would that car consume fuel? How safe it can be? And how much will it cost?Transferring electrical energy wirelessly can be done in many ways.Air itself can act as a conductor if the potential difference is great enough. That's how lightning and thunder works.Another way is through magnetic induction. There are wireless charger commercially available, right now. Why don't we use the same principle for the rest of the world? Because as distance increase the strength of magnetic induction is drastically reduced (by square distance). Furthermore, magnetic pulse can be harmful to electrical devices as well. Since, they can generate extra voltage to unshielded circuit increasing their voltage beyond their designed level and ultimately fry them.My favorite way is through microwaves. Scientists have proposed of sending probes or satellite into orbit and use them as power station (also mentioned in Isac Asimov's Book iRobot), which should yield considerably higher energy. Due to the fact that there are no clouds and dust to reduce sunlight intensity in space. Then, transmit captured energy to earth using microwaves. This is the most plausible and sensible configuration for transferring energy wirelessly. Nevertheless, the cost involve is still an issue.Alright, this is my first post so forgive me if I made any mistakes.

There is actually something out on the market right now call the wireless charging pad. It's a pad that creates a magnetic field of up to a few inches and anything that has been constructed to recharge using this pad will recharge when it is placed within a sufficient distance from the pad. This device is very similar to what Tesla dreamed of even if it is a lot smaller. The pad itself looks just like a mouse pad but obviously the pad needs to be connected to the mains. The way it works is there is a powered coil inside the pad which generates a magnetic field, this induces current to flow through a small secondary coil that's built into any portable device, such as a phone, a digital camera or a BlackBerry. Once the current has been transferred to that second coil it then recharges the battery inside the device. Now many devices are still lacking this second coil inside them to make this product worthwhile, however many companies (including apple) are about to introduce this technology inside their products. You can drop any number of devices on to the pad and they will all recharge which is very handy because you can basically remove the need for massive tangles of cables and forever searching for that elusive phone charger. Also, because we are basically invisible to magnetic fields then if we were to pass between the two devices it would not interrupt the recharging process (however there is still much debate surrounding magentic fields and its ability to antagonise cancerous cells). The pad is also intelligent. The coil is operated by integrated circuits which can detect wether the device sat on the pad is compatible or not and if it needs further charging. So you can't charge your keys with electrons or overload a device when the battery is fully charged. Very useful feature if you ask me :) This technology is known as inductive coupling and will become available for purchase at some point this month. The price right now is on average $99.99 but I predict as soon as this technology becomes popular the price will increase dramatically so best get in there now and get your pads.

too bad we couldn't find a way of using the earths magnetic field to generate power, have stations which pick up power from the field and transfer them in a smallo distance over cables to the nearest town. you could have a power plant only a mile from a town. i would treat it more as a power pick plant instead of a actual one which generates electricity.

To add my two cents, I saw on Discovery about a year ago some documentary in which some "scientists" tried to do some tests using wireless energy and in some way the test succeeded, but they still have a lot of problems and the power generated was quite small, I think the test involved charging a mobile phone.Anyway, their main objective is solar plants in space and transferring of energy to earth, but I don't think we will be seeing that in these upcoming 10 years :DAnd I wonder, would that kind of waves have any effect on humans, or on other things like planes in the sky and so on. :)

couldn't they position solar arrays going from the sun to the earth which transfer their power wirelesses to each other and then down to a no fly restricted zone where it is collected and transferred to the power lines. then it would go through the same process as any other power, which would be to make it usuable for the purpose that it would be needed for this in my mind is the simple solution to the low power from the sun problem. another thing to try would be to try to collect the heat radiated from jupiter which is by far more than the amount that is actually delivered by the sun. some thing which could help with finding materials like metals that we need would be to collect asteroids bring them back to earth in specially designed space craft with a compartment designed to take them back to earth then they could be mined for metals, and even anything that could be used to generate electricy.

Nice point, rather common when talking about such a universal genius.

Google; it's: "Nikola Tesla". xd

"Nikola" is probably the greek way of writing this first name.
Nicholas is probably closer to the way Mr Tesla wrote his own name.
And, personally, I write it Nicolas.
This first name is rather common, probably coming from the same name a long time ago. And it's written differently depending from the local ways of thinking. You are emphasizing differences on the number of consonants. Just think what will happen in the countries where the vowels are not written!

Ack, gigantic OP 0.0This whole idea sounds kind of... dangerous, to me.You beaming electricity through the open air, some how, and expect it to end up at position B without causing any kind of malaffects during its travel? I feel a second head growing just at the thought of this.

Don't worry, no second head problem. The first head will be overheated far before the second one starts growing! I think that the air resistivity will really be a problem if a high power is needed, so really tremendous overheating shall occur.

Don't worry, no second head problem. The first head will be overheated far before the second one starts growing! I think that the air resistivity will really be a problem if a high power is needed, so really tremendous overheating shall occur.

Good point. It seems like the amount of energy lost makes this whole idea unfeasible.

Reading and understanding Maxwellâs Equations (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell%27s_equations), which is the foundation for all electrical engineering, will grant full knowledge of what you are asking. The problem is the understanding part.Basically this is very possible, but as already stated, this is fairly impractical on a large scale. Engineering is the science of practical solutions (this includes, if not dominated by, cost) while pure science concerns all possibilities, practical and impractical. The scientist explains that it is possible but the engineer shows that no one will pay for it.

Reading and understanding Maxwellâs Equations (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell%27s_equations), which is the foundation for all electrical engineering, will grant full knowledge of what you are asking. The problem is the understanding part.

Basically this is very possible, but as already stated, this is fairly impractical on a large scale. Engineering is the science of practical solutions (this includes, if not dominated by, cost) while pure science concerns all possibilities, practical and impractical. The scientist explains that it is possible but the engineer shows that no one will pay for it.

And the consumer is concerned about possible side affects :S

Ack, gigantic OP 0.0
This whole idea sounds kind of... dangerous, to me.

You beaming electricity through the open air, some how, and expect it to end up at position B without causing any kind of malaffects during its travel? I feel a second head growing just at the thought of this.

It is actually quite a simple concept. You are familiar with magnetic fields right? The fact that the planet earth itself is constantly generating its own magnetic field shows how safe they can be. The north and south pole, a result of the negative and positive charges of earths magentic field. This is the exact same concept except on a smaller scale, there is no harmful radiation involved or anything of the sort. Like I stated before, the human body is "invisible" to magnetic fields and has no effect what so ever on it. Right now there are fields of electromagnetism surrounding your entire body, yes even the human body produces its own small electromagnetic static.

And the consumer is concerned about possible side affects :S

Don't worry about any of it, scaremongering and worrying yourself over trivial things like this can lead to a very sad and possibly short life span. It's a medical fact that people who worry over such things all the time will eventually cause a psychosematic response in their own body and produce their own demise. People have been known to even create tumours inside their own body purely from constantly worrying they are going to get a tumour. You can cause blood vessels to burst just by being scared of your own microwave oven and so on. I can understand your scheptasism, but if you don't fully understand the concept then there is no point in thinking about what may be.

Also to add, the likeliness of you actually passing between two coils while they are transferring electro magnetism is remote at best. Since objects like the recharging pad transfer directly between each coil and no electro magnetism is being broadcast in to the air then you have even less to worry about. When no second coil is in range of the charging pads coil then it does not draw power from the mains. Only the integrated circuitry will require power to detect when a rechargeable device is within range and then activate/deactivate the primary coil as needed.

you are forgetting that the air isn't that conductive and there is also the problem that if yu have all of that power going through the air its going to hit someone at some point. mass magentic forces are out of the question as well they to me would cause problems with everyday devices making them go haywire. another question i have for you is if you did transfer the power via the air how would you control how much power goes through the air, since currently they need to send out much more power than is needed simply to counter agaisn't the electricity disapating into the air.