xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Life?

How wonderful and pleasant life would be, if people could live together in peace! When peace reigns, everything seems possible. With all the resources and creative energies channeled into peacetime projects, we could turn weapons of mass destruction into machines for food production. We could even transform deserts into orchards, wipe out poverty from the face of the earth, and conquer the global epidemic of AIDS!Why we do this,are we on first level of humans?

we will never live in peace because it is human nature to be aggresive and to be greedy. The only way there will be a lasting peace is if everyone is brainwashed to be exactly the same as everyone else. We will all have to wear the same clothes, drive the same cars, and live the exact same life. Basically, we would have to be robots.Differences is what causes "disturbances". Some people have more money, some people have a better looking wife, others have a better job, and yet more people have different religions. Even in some religions they say that you must convert non believers. No tolerance religions exist and an example of this is the middle east.Even if we do achieve peace between all people, that will probably only mean that we are fighting aliens. Something that is even more different than us. In any event, I highly doubt that even if I were to live another 500 years I would see peace between all people. Wars between people have been going on for thousands of years and there is no indication that we've resolved ANY of the reasons for wars.

Being a religious person, this world is not and never will be intended for peace. It's at test in my eyes... something that we have to struggle through. Therefore, peace will never be achieved, well, if there is a god.Anyway... actually, If you think about it. And there really is a god and heaven. We'll have peace in heaven.... hrm...

religion causes war.philosophies cause war.land causes war.those are the top causes of war i believe.thus, war will always be. we cannot get away from our thoughts and views. no matter how hard we try.

Thats a very nice thought you have there but in reality, at this point in time at least it just isnt feasable. I mean yeah sure I would love this but when you consider that half the world wants to blow the other half up (and that half wants to blow the other up just as much, no matter how much you try to hide it or dress it as defence), yes I do mean the war against terror btw. But maybe in the future how knows, when the leaders are much better equiped for this.Anyway I know this will offend some of you but it is my oppinion that the first step towards peace would be the complete abandonmet of all religion. there I'v said it, but dont just to create a conflict or to shock people I really do find that if you look back at most wars you will find this to be a driving force in starting them.

we will never live in peace because it is human nature to be aggresive and to be greedy.  The only way there will be a lasting peace is if everyone is brainwashed to be exactly the same as everyone else...

68002[/snapback]

Agree'd. Not to mention the fact that some people would only be at peace if they were causing war, a nice psychological thing thrown in there. :) Peace can't work, and besides, it'd be kind of boring. Get up, turn on the news, see that another disease has been cured and some world leaders are playing a friendly game of golf, go to work, go home, sleep, get up, etc. It wouldn't last long unless we were brainwashed.

This is encroaching on my argument against heaven, but that's for another time.

There NEVER will be peace in the world, there may be for a little while, but wars will evetually all happen again and the world will be in turmoil again. Even though there are some good people who want peace and want to make the world better, there will always be people, who want land and power, and they are all consumed by greed. And the only way peace would be achieved in this world, is if people were treated and all emotions would be wiped out(like in the movie:equilibrium), however this act would just be inhuman. In my opinion, overall wars start off because people want power and they are either met by other people with the same ideas, or opposing forces.

There can't be ultimate peace unfortunately.. This world is made of opposites. No matter how much good there is in the world, there is bad. No matter how much hapiness, there is sadness.. rich/poor.. and so on..this whole universe is one giant yin and yang

I think peace is an illusion. We'll never have it on earth. It's a good thought but the possibility that no one will fight is never going to happen. It's a little thing called 'greed' that blinds everyone and takes away their morals.

Its ignorant to blatantly blame religion and philosophy for war. People have differing opinions, but that doesn't mean that you shoot someone in the head if they believe in a different god. There are all kinds of theories behind war, but the foremost one that makes sense to me is the lack of an international system or authority.As long as you have sovereign nations competing over resources and land on this planet that we are all isolated on, you're never going to be able to enforce any type of behavior on any of them. As a result of no international system, nations can do whatever they want and the only consequences they have to worry about are those that come directly from the war, rather than someone above them that takes away rights or punishes them.War stems from international anarchy.

Well, when we talk about wars and peace. I think lot of people are blindly following their leaders that takes them to their doom, actually. If you increase education of people and giving them issues of result of wars that happened worldwide during the past, then they might start thinking about not making a war. Until then people will be blind and follow their leaders, which is a MUST for a country's existence.

we will never live in peace because it is human nature to be aggresive and to be greedy. The only way there will be a lasting peace is if everyone is brainwashed to be exactly the same as everyone else.

Well lemme tell you this, we are allready brainwashed by subliminal mess. What are most video games about, and movies? The governments are letting us live in fear so we support wars and all... It's just that "Leaders" want more power and that can be gained the easiest way... Trough war

We are told in historybooks and whatever to be aggresive and greedy.

Being a religious person, this world is not and never will be intended for peace. It's at test in my eyes... something that we have to struggle through. Therefore, peace will never be achieved, well, if there is a god.

God made this world, a living being, as a paradise.. Not just for some peoples, parasites, to make such a mess from it. If there is a God the things wich are happening right now are intented to happen so we can learn from our mistakes, in the past, today and in the future...

There is a way to live in peace but none of the world's "Elite" want this cuz they hunger for power and suppression of their own and other people...

There can't be ultimate peace unfortunately.. This world is made of opposites. No matter how much good there is in the world, there is bad. No matter how much hapiness, there is sadness.. rich/poor.. and so on..

this whole universe is one giant yin and yang

True... The whole universe is made of yin and yang, you can't see light without seeing the darknees first, but once you see this light it's your own choise whether to keep seeing the light or turn your eyes back to the darkness.

Well, when we talk about wars and peace. I think lot of people are blindly following their leaders that takes them to their doom, actually. If you increase education of people and giving them issues of result of wars that happened worldwide during the past, then they might start thinking about not making a war. Until then people will be blind and follow their leaders, which is a MUST for a country's existence.

Well said :o Thre should be teached more about the past, real past that is, so the children can change the future.

My 2 cents :D

Peace