xisto Community
iGuest

Which Torrent Client You Are Using?

Looks like utorrent have lot of users. Yes, even i use utorrent. I think small and portability of client is the reason people using it. It is small as 800-900kb. It's pretty good on showing details as well. It shows trackers, transferred bytes, country flag of the seeders etc. Good with the details i must say. Earlier i used Vuze, it was good too. But most of the times it crashed my system. I guess it was eating lot of memory of my system. I heard that now p2p sharing applications like edonkey, limewire are also starting to support torrrent files ? I'm not gonna revert back to limewire or any other p2p client, it brings so many virus files to my disk earlier. So sticking with Utorrent.

Yes. Limewire takes a lot of system resource. It is java based application, so it is kinda obvious that it'll use. I think kazza also started with torrent support. But kazza network failed to stop the malware spreaders. I don't know what is the status of kazza now. But earlier it was very famous. Now a days people use edonkey network and bearshare. Some ISP in some of the countries have torrent blocked so edonkey (even if it's p2p) can access network. I heard from my friend online that he managed to work with edonkey where his torrent is blocked by ISP. I guess ISP checks p2p client requests and blocks based on that. In that case, edonkey survived somehow.

I dunno wht you guys hv for a box but my my laptop (2.4 GHZ core2 duo, 3.25 GB usable ram,  7400 rpm hard drive, 32 bit windows XP running limewire pro 5.2.13) doesn't hv resource or lag issues with limewire unless I am running multiple resource intensive apps (like a game running in the background).

you would think that limewire's client wouldn't be as good as a dedicated client but I've been actually very impressed. I DL'd avatar  last nite from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it was 1.11 GB and took abt 40 minutes @ between 580-680 kbps constant from between 108-115 peers (it did take prolly 7 min to get tht many peers and 600+ kbps)

I ddnt test another client with tht particular file but usually a 1 gig movie takes me several hours (sometimes a day..Thts crazy). Even with bitcomet (which is def abt as fast as dedicated bit clients get)  so I'm throwing in with what everyone is bashing and saying limewire seems to be the fastest.

-reply by Ricky

i use both vuze and utorrent...i changed in order to see how well vuze does...but i think utorrent is still best...slim fast,many options ;)Thanks...Eggie

uTorrent updated to version 2 and isn't beta now, so I thought why not to update..But it got a bit different in appearance and though oh hell, but in several days I got used to uTorrent and again it's the most easiest torrent client for me to use ;)Even though I don't see why could it be version 2 now and not 1, but different software with the version names is sometimes funny.. Some software always ar like version 0.9 but works much better than some buggy software named version 1.10 ;)

utorrent really is easy to use torrent client...everyone should try using it.you can get used to it very fast....if you want to optimize it,you should use tutorial which is i think on their site...Thanks...Eggie

I had some trouble while upgrading to new beta which was released recently. But later i managed to get it upgraded and running smoothly. It has new icons for the controls and there is not much changed visually other than this. Moreover if any new feature if got added then i missed that. I use utorrent cause it is smallest and less buggy in comparison to any other utorrent out there. Oh and it is easy to use as well.