xisto Community
thasoldier

Which Web Browser Do You Use?

Can't you just spoof Firefox or any other browser as if it would be IE? and it all usually works, or those IE only websites have some other ways to detect if it's IE, like checking if a function exists which is only available on IE? Spoofing always helped me to by pass those IE only sites. Except maybe for those sites which are needing to use ActiveX? :/

The one I use Internet Explorer for does require ActiveX :mellow: It doesn't say "your browser is incompatible" or something like that, it just doesn't work... I can enter my login data, but the button doesn't do anything when I click on it.

I have a similar problem as yourself - I cannot access my bank account online through Firefox, only through IE. Since I use Ubuntu, this is quite a problem, as I have to restart the computer every time to get into Windows (luckily, I don't do that often). You, however, are running Windows, so there is still some hope :mellow:

There is one funny way avoiding to reboot out of Linux : use a vmware virtual machine. You can simply use vmplayer for linux, which is free : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ You need a very basic machine, because you will not install it, but simply use a windows livecd, for instance Vista PE. This livecd is very small (less than 400 megs) and is an ISO file your virtual machine will use as a CD. That way you have a MS Windows machine inside your linux box, which is enough for standard usage. Let the windows machine mount your samba shares if you want to share files.

I have given some thought to that idea before - it is a great thing to have, but I'll probably get round to installing it only when I format the HDD, thus deleting Windows completely :mellow:

I use Mozilla Firefox on my "fast" PC. Firefox needs much ressources I think. :mellow: On my "slow" notebook I use Google Chrome. It'still nice with the ressources.For testing my website I use Opera und Internet Explorer ,too. Just for testing :P Regards Wiizzard

and when do you get that error, by staring up or somthing(thank you for warn me)

- I downloaded
- I unzipped
- I rand
and I got the error, never have seen it looking like a browser.

- I downloaded- I unzipped
- I rand
and I got the error, never have seen it looking like a browser.

o i forgotten, do you use lunix? only windows can open it.
maybe you need a progamm...mm..no my friends doesen't need it to (to open it)

o i forgotten, do you use lunix? only windows can open it.maybe you need a progamm...mm..no my friends doesen't need it to (to open it)

As I told you, two posts above, I tried it with Windows XP, not with linux.

I use Firefox as its the most space efficient web browser that I currently know. Also the fact that many sites are designed for firefox and even if sites are designed only for the Internet Explorer, Firefox has mods that allow it to use those sites without problems. I haven't had any problems with firefox ever since I started using it and I doubt I'll ever be moving to another web browser anytime soon. The only browser I tried out for a while was Opera and that was because I had two accounts on a website and I didn't bother want to logout to login to the other, instead have each have their own cookies and login names saved. Anyhwo enough of me being lazy xD I love Firefox <3 Its win!

Firefox is the best web browser, but I like the Internet Explorer 7.0 too. I think that Google help to the Firefox Makers for the indexed pages on Google load faster.In the surfers likes Mozilla Firefox is the faster...I have not use the Google Chrome yet...but a friend told me that Google Chrome is the same that Firefox.The Internet Explorer design is the feature that Firefox canĀ“t imitate...Internet Explorer is the most used explorer yet....

I've used lots of browsers before, such as IE, FF, opera, maxthon, greenbrowser, avantbrowser, k-meleon, iceweasel, swiftfox, swiftweasel, and now i'm using Konqueror.FF is high customizable. That is i like the most. But as you know, FF had (or has) memory leak problem. And after that i used "a tweaked FF (?)" called swiftfox. It's just like FF, just tweaked a little bit by using some parameter when compiling it. Then i moved to swiftweasel which is "a tweaked iceweasel".. FYI, iceweasel just like FF which is developed by Debian programmer.Now i'm using Konqueror cuz it has faster load time (integrated into KDE on my newly installed Kubuntu) though it's not as customizable as FF, but i don't have any problem with that. It has its own ad block, so i don't need to worry about the ads. But to tell the truth, swiftweasel is the most i loved :o For you who's using XP, try k-meleon. It really fast and simple. But sometimes there still pages which you can't view in k-meleon, that's the problem.