xisto Community
thasoldier

Which Web Browser Do You Use?

I have been using Opera for a really long time, may be since past 3-4 years. But recently I switched to Chrome for regular browsing. Mainly because I use a lot of Google products like gmail, docs and spreadsheets, youtube, etc. and they all run very smoothly in chrome. But I still continue to use Opera occasionally, just because I'm used to it, its extensive built-in features which come only as add-ons in other browsers.

Firefox is an open source browser whereas Opera is a closed source free browser.As for differences, I think there shouldn't exist any. I mean, the core concept of browsers is to render web pages faithfully. Features come next, now the most popular add ons are available in these two browsers, the only thing which may differ is the user experience with these browsers, which in turn varies from person to person depending upon how he/she uses it.I don't use Firefox for regular browsing. I only use it to do my web development testing. It has very nice web addons for web developers. But more importantly I use it for testing compatibility as it is the most popular browser.I used Opera for regular browsing. Mainly because I like all-in-one applications. Opera has many built-in features like Mail client, Chat client, Bit torrent Client and full fledged download manager all rolled into one. The mail client saves me from logging in to my web mail accounts, as the client notifies me as and when new mail arrives. The most important thing which I like about Opera is tons of accessibility features in every nook and corner. Here are some of them: speed dial for instant access to most visited websites, instant toggling for image disabling/caching/showing on webpages, custom modes (User/Author mode) for viewing a webpage so that I can create my own style sheet for viewing web pages, quick preferences to disable JavaScript and other elements on a page, voice command feature to browse without using mouse or keyboard that is through our own voice, tab duplication, quick notes, ctrl zooming, mouse gestures and still others. Over the past years I have learned to use these features effectively to help improve my browsing experience.

It's quite different. The layout engine (FF's using gecko, Opera's using Presto), the features (addon, theme, customization), etc. You should try it too and find a browser which suits your need.

You can start to search the comparison of web browser, try some of best ones, and decide the right one for you. Just try it and see the differences by yourself.

Hi,
I only use Mozilla firefox. But I have never tried Opera. What are the main difference between them?

Cheers

I don't understand the difference between Mozilla Firefox and Firefox.

Could you explain more the differences between them, because AFAIK firefox is the "mozilla firefox". Am I right guys?

I use Mozilla Firefox. Like Opera but it doesn't have as many features as Firefox. With Firefox I can browser my way. It's easy to customize.

Edited by akashi (see edit history)

or you just stay with what you love the most most people use one and other have dirfrence pref on what they use and for the peoploe that use IE is still okIE IS better then most and most or all secure servers only trst IE and not other like firefox and so on

I use I.E mostMozila Firefox has good support of plugins ... You have a lot and i mean a lot lol of plugins you can install on itBut for me Internet Explorer is simple for what i do with it like browsing lolGood Topic :o

It's got be Google Chrome for the win! Stylish and sleek (more importantly clean, i.e. no annoying toolbars or search boxes) interface, the ease of bookmarking and the fact the URL input box is also a google search. Tabs are done nicely and can be drag and dropped. Incognito mode (no history - sometimes known as p*rn mode). Upon opening a new tab you get 9 boxes of your most visited websites.I got Google Chrome about 4/5 months ago and haven't looked back! IE and Firefox just don't compare in my opinion.The ONLY issue with Chrome is it has relatively less compatibility and make need different or extra plugins - but this is a problem that will be solved with time.

I use Chrome for the basic things ... browseChrome dont have support for plugins .. thats the bad thing..Nothing is perfect :o Well for more then basic i use firefoxLast post i sayd ie but now i changed ideas by browsing here llolo

Edited by TBCKiller (see edit history)

I heard that chrome has problem with flash or java. Is it true? I'm still waiting for linux version of google chrome. Google says that it's team is developing chrome for linux. Hope i can use it soon :o

The more I use Mozilla Firefox, the more I love it. Mozilla Firefox provide lots of awesome add-on, especially gladder, which can help me to cope with the wall. You may never know how it feel like when you even can access some web sites like blogspot and youtube. But sometimes I have to use Internet Explorer, the reason is that some of our local sites do not provide support on online movies. But still some shortcomings for Mozilla Firefox, what a shame it is that some web sites still can not be accessed even though with the gladder!

I use Mozilla Firefox for uncountable reasons. I like it very much because it has interesting design, tabs (when Mozilla Firefox had tabs, Internet Explorer didn't had), the bookmarks are more reachable and etc...