xisto Community
TheUnreal

New Logo I Did For Astahost

Well if you ask me, this one is quite to simple, the Xisto looks quite well, the the no ads free web hosting is quite really unpro looking, maybe due to colours :rolleyes:

I agree, its good but Xisto is a professional site. That logo is great but it doesn't reflect Xisto's professionalism completely =).Mainly because of the background, change its color. Also add free domains near free hosting since well we can get free domains too.

Yes..I agree with all above. This logo is not looking professional. It just looks like some hobby logos we make. The main drawback is the colors and their variations you have chosen in No Ads Free Web Hosting. And the font is not also looking professional. But nice effort. If you try changing the font and colors you can make a great logo. You have that potential.

Need a lot more work as the colors are clashing with each other and are a eye hurting combination as well and on top of that you have your name in the banner and that doesn't help in the professional department. Try working with gradients and shadow to help improve the banner a bit.

It is a good logo but like stated before it looks unprofessional and doesn't live up to Xisto's image. If you change the colors (because they don't work well with each other) to something less bold and change the font to something more professional and less bubble-like (because they look childish and not up to the Xisto standard), it would look a lot better.Just my input use it as you will. If you change it make sure to post it here.

This is a nice effort though there several issues with it. Please not the following is offered only as constructive criticism. Do not take anything personally. Please note that I went to college for art and design and worked as a graphics designer for a few years before becoming a programmer.

First thing this is technically not a logo. A logo is a distinguishable graphic. A logo should be able to be used on a business card or letter head, where it is printed much smaller, and still be recognizable. As well a good logo should also be able to be printed in high contrast, (just black and white no grays). Examples of this would be the Nike Swoosh, the Disney mouse ears, the Olympics rings, or Apple's apple.

Posted Image

Those are all purely graphical elements with out type that immediately indicate the company or organization they represent. That is a logo. The image you have is closer to being a logotype. (pulled the image from this nice explanation of types of logos)

Now that that is cleared up there is something else we need to know. The purpose of a logo is to distinguish a company and to identify a company. A companies logo or logotype should say something about it indirectly. Two ways of doing this are with type and color. to use the IBM logo as an example you will see that is is just the name of the company (breaking the the type rule) but, the line through it bespeak technology, especially to those a bit older who are used tp to print outs from dot matrix printers and older monitor displays. The logo is, when in color, in blue. Blues are typically used used to denote stability and respect in design. Similarly when type is is used it needs to be either unique, like the NASA logo or be representative of the organization. For example you should probably avoid an accountant who uses comic sans on his business card.

Posted Image

Concerning your logo directly; Let us remove all but the actual company name and reflection. The font (the name of which escapes me) is completely wrong for the type of service Xisto provides. I would expect this typeface for a web comic or something of that sort. It is too "fun" for a service where stability is preferred. Also the type is rather plain, I have seen the type many times. Consider looking around the internet for a more unique type, (falsely called a font), consider adjusting the kerning (the space between individual letters) as this can make a type more interesting to look at. The reflection bit is overused in my opinion in too many logos.

This response has been MUCH longer than I had anticipated, thus I will end it here. Take a look at the above link for a nice example of some logos. If you are interested in design take a look at Designing with Type. Or any other number of good design books. A warning though most "design" sources on the net are absolute crap.

Like above, you are creating a banner for Xisto.... When you go to the main site on Xisto.com, then you will see the spinning H... That is the logo... But you do have some good points that were not brought up, and that is the consistence of the font. I have seen banners overkilled on bad color choices and like tons of fonts....You could always mesh a few versions of the banner you made... But I think it is fine.

I would say that the current Xisto logo also doesn't look professional. It would look much better if the font for the text 'Xisto' was san-serif instead of a serif font. However, the glow effect is quite good as it increases the intensity of the logo without diminishing the contrast.On the topic, the font looks a bit too 'curvy' which sort of leans it towards being appropriate more for a personal site. Also, the blue colour might look a bit too light and suit a more 'fun' tone than one of professionalism. Nevertheless, it is a good attempt at creating a logo though.

I have to say, unfortunately I'm not a fan of this design. I just feel like the colors combined with the childish bubbly font make this look slightly unprofessional, and I would be less inclined to trust a website with a banner ad of that, than the real Xisto.com image, because it makes it look like a fake/spam site. However, this design would be great for a different type of company (if you changed the colours slightly), for example something that appeals more to kids, or a games site.Remember, logos and banners need to suit the style of the company, always bear that in mind, because while a design may look great, it may not be right for that company.

good effort ;) in my opinion, i think you should go for a more professional looking font... and also as the others mention, the Ad Free and Free hosting parts coloring isn't helping eithermaybe try metalic blue theme? with standard but professional font choice?great start though :unsure:

The logo is good but it is a bit too simple for a grown-up website like Xisto. The logo has a cartoony look and it will suit better to stuff like entertainment websites or children stuff. The idea of making "no ads" red was quite good from commercial point of view. Such things should pop-up really so that the eye first falls on them. So nice job!

Edited by Ahsaniqbal111 (see edit history)