xisto Community
TehJohn

What Do You Guys Think Of Windows 7? The WoW Starts NoW

Windows 7 is meant to be a dumbed down version of windows vista. The goal of Microsoft is to go back to an Operating System that is easy to use, easy to get onto (like Windows 98, hence the name Windows 7). I believe they will be taking all of the features of Windows Vista and making the Operating System easy to access like Windows 98 was. I honestly think this is a great update to the windows operating systems as Vista had some great concepts that could be very helpful to the average person. The main problem was the different bugs in the operating system as well as still not all programs have switched over to Vista (which should have happened... It obviously did not due to the amount of people hating Vista, including myself).

It doesn't look all that impressive, just like vista really. I personally am not a fan of vista, it came pre-installed on my laptop and in reverted back to XP because I didn't like it. Not to mention it wasn't compatible with my college network.

Windows is of course is one of the most reputable brAnds in the business but i thibk that recently they have really failed to impress. the good operating systems for some unknown reason decided to stop at windows xp and now we are treated to this drivel about all of these new and amazing technology but when the final release finally comes out we are told that we have to wait until the next release ofwindows. I finally managed to instalvista on my new computer with all of the required system specs and then some. I finally got so sick of it that i just revered back to xp. now i think ill give apple mac ago. SHOCK HORROR. lol. but seriously they actually need to stop all of these rumours and not try to be like macintosh and go back to y people like windows. STABILITY.Rant over.

I've got my hands on a leaked version of Windows 7 (and am not providing links as per Xisto's TOS) and I just found the taskbar annoying. Other than that, the system runs nice and clean. It runs just as good as my heavily tweaked Server 2008.xboxrulz

I finaly installed Seven x64 on my laptop instead of running it inside Virtualbox (which was quite stable, but a bit on the slow side) and I'm definately not going to use Vista anymore. Seven is just a lot faster and more responsive as it's older brother and I believe it'll be as stable as hell when it's finaly released because this 64-bit beta OS is almost as stable as Vista :mellow: .There are however still a few bugs that have to be fixed. The widgets for example stopped working without any reason and no way to get them working, DPMS doesn't work correctly on my laptop (screen doesn't turn on after standby for example), UAC still doesn't manage to get to the foreground but still blocks all input :P , etc ...The only real downside is it's footprint, it uses almost 1Gb of memory at the moment (and the only big apps that are running are Opera, WLM and AVG) while openSuse doesn't even need half of that ! (and yes, I do need the other 1Gb of memory for virtualisation which is not possible in Seven)

Of course windows 7 is much better than vista. But right now nothing much can be told about this until the final version is released. But one thing is for sure that Windows 7 is going to make a mark similar to vista only and nothing much than that. May be Windows 8 may be a stable windows when it is released. I am telling this because there are still tons of tons of bugs in the whole windows itself. May be the architecture design itself is not good. Consider for example the new IE 8, they are literally making them to work for popular websites includeing thier official website. Now that calls for some thinking on which is right and which is wrong.

Windows 7 seems to be much better and people are just talking about that, the bad thing is that we all spend money for Vista, no we again going to buy Windows 7 after it's released, even though I again will be waiting at least for Service Pack 1 after it's initial release, well it will depend if it'll ever needed it, but I think it will really have one some time. :mellow:

Of course windows 7 is much better than vista. But right now nothing much can be told about this until the final version is released. But one thing is for sure that Windows 7 is going to make a mark similar to vista only and nothing much than that. May be Windows 8 may be a stable windows when it is released. I am telling this because there are still tons of tons of bugs in the whole windows itself. May be the architecture design itself is not good. Consider for example the new IE 8, they are literally making them to work for popular websites includeing thier official website. Now that calls for some thinking on which is right and which is wrong.

Windows 7 is build around a completely new, lightweight kernel (at least that's what microsoft wants us to believe :mellow: ). Windows 7 is very stable for a first beta release, even the x64 bit version is very reliable at the moment, so I doubt that the final release of Windows7 is going to be bad.

Windows 7 becames to succeed to Windows Vista because the Microsoft guys found that Vista is a hog with the resources of the modern computers. It's insane to consider have a Dual Core machine, 1-Gib of RAM, an expensive 512-MB VRAM video card, and a huge hard disk to store the at least 10GB of installed Windows Vista without any other apps.Windows 7 makes a bridge to the great volume of users that has Widows XP and want to take the next step without send to the trash their actual computers. Also, is more compatible with the drivers of the XP systems, meanwhile Vista requires a rewritten drivers in order to have plenty control of the hardware.

Windows 7 becames to succeed to Windows Vista because the Microsoft guys found that Vista is a hog with the resources of the modern computers. It's insane to consider have a Dual Core machine, 1-Gib of RAM, an expensive 512-MB VRAM video card, and a huge hard disk to store the at least 10GB of installed Windows Vista without any other apps.
Windows 7 makes a bridge to the great volume of users that has Widows XP and want to take the next step without send to the trash their actual computers. Also, is more compatible with the drivers of the XP systems, meanwhile Vista requires a rewritten drivers in order to have plenty control of the hardware.

Windows Vista's minimum specs doesn't require a dual core, 1 GB of RAM and 512 MB VRAM video card.

It needs at least a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, 512 MB of RAM and at least an integrated graphics chip.

Of course, that's just minimum specs. If you can't run Windows Vista, you can't run Windows 7. Windows 7 is just a refinement of Windows Vista just like how Windows XP is just a refinement of Windows 2000.

Windows Vista works really well with any dual core machine. I got a quad core and it just screams insaneness.

xboxrulz

slow Windows 7What Do You Guys Think Of Windows 7?Coding a song in Windows XP from CD into flac took 31 seconds. The same song, the same program, took 59 seconds on Windows 7.I do not need Windows 7. Sorry Microsoft, I know you need to sell new operating systems again and again for your survival, but I do not need it.-reply by d65r