xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EJay

Gmail 2 - Increased Now its 2GB of storage

As I start to write this topic, I watch as slowly but surely my gmail account size increases from megabyte to megabyte. Now Gmail is offering 2 gigabytes of storage, most likely to beat thier other free competetor Walla, which still only offers one. This new storage space has enough room for each user to have 400,000 average size messages before thier space runs out. Why delete something, when at gmail you can become a pack-rat of emails :) But I really think that Gmail has it in for Shutmail. For all its worth, if Gmail becomes 3 G's of space shutmail just may have to close its doors for lack of users and stability, but now that gmail has come out such popular email providers have started to try and get thier hands on making more people join due to most people switching from hotmail or yahoo to gmail. The invite system that gmail has going also makes it so that most people want to join GMail as its so "exclusive" who knows maybe (Warning: Conspiracy Theory) Gmail will run the other email providers out of the big WWW. Well just remember if you want in on the action just goto the gmail thread and then request from some of the people.

1675 MB and rising! :) I'm only at 60MB used... lol. That's a mere 4%. I can't possibly imagine what to do with all of this space... although... if I were on something other than dialup, I might get clever and use it for file storage/retrieval(?).

huh,it is very exciting for us gmail user to hear this.it is 2050.3987 megabytes of free storage and up time by time...in order to congradulate the aniverthiry of sending up 1 year for gmail,google enlarge the sorage of gmail.this is a good message to gmail users.up!

Ya it is very good that Gmail has increased its size. But the really very good thing is to include rich text formatting. This was one feature due to lack of it people was saying that it was not good as yahoo mail or hotmail. But now Gmail include this and it is great. Yahoo Mail does not provide rich text formatting in Firefox but Gmail is providing this. This makes a huge difference.

Yeah 2050.3460.. and counting... but I seriously think who wud need allt that space. may be they have the same idea... nyways like solankyno1 said the best feature is the rich text formatting that we really missed.. now that its there.. messages would no longer be dull but rather colorful....

Oh thats so awesome, more space is always good.But I haven't gotten used to saving posts and everything, I'm so used to hotmail, and having like 1MB and having to delete everything. So I'm maybe using, half of a MB? Heh.

Forget my torrentreactor account (i forward there for backup only), i'm sticking with my gmail! I like gmail but their spam filter settings and changing spam filter is poor. I just have loads of spam building up and it's a pain in the rump blocking senders. WTH? I have more than 2gb:

Posted Image

If you check what they said in the new features, it does say:

G is for growthStorage is an important part of email, but that doesn't mean you should have to worry about it. To celebrate our one-year birthday, we're giving everyone one more gigabyte. But why stop the party there? Our plan is to continue growing your storage beyond 2GBs by giving you more space as we are able. We know that email will only become more important in people's lives, and we want Gmail to keep up with our users and their needs. From Gmail, you can expect more.

Their plan is to continue growing BEYOND 2GBs. So I guess they'll keep on going when they can, and won't stay at 2054 megs. This is why Gmail is by far the best Email service out there. Just try and get one as soon as possible if you don't have one already.

wow. you're right. I just checked, it gives you 2054 megs of space. I can't even fill 250 megs with hotmail. I'm thingking of turning it into a gmail drive. I heared that you can turn your gmail account into a harddrive on the internet. Although I'm not sure if you can still use it as a email account aswell if you do that.

Gmail Drive shell extension

i think it is a good advertisement becaue all the competition were too stupid to think of it first. Gmail was the market leader when they promoted their 1 Gig email. Then all the "me too" guys came in and said, we give 2 gigs... and others were like "so? I give 3 gigs".. Google is now saying, screw the competition. We will give you whatever space you need and more.