xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
buherath

3d Game Creating Thing

I saw a lot of FPS Game creating software topics in the FPS thread. But what I want is a 3rd person game making software. What I want to make is something like Prince of Persia or some medieval game. It must not be first person. I want it to be 3rd person. I couldn't find a good 3rd person game creator.I did see some softwares in many websites but I don't know whether they are good. I tried Game Maker Pro 7, but you can only make crappy doom 1 style games from it. I want some thing with much more flexibility where you can work in an 3d environment and apply shadows and physics. If I can import 3D objects from 3D MAX files or MAYA files hat is even better. In Game maker pro there is only a 2D environment. If anyone knows a software like what I have mentioned above, please do not hesitate to post :)

There are a few 3d game creators out there, but none of them probably meet your requirments. All of them cost a lot of money, some of them provide graphics that cause shrinkage. You can try virtools, quest 3d, Creator, fps creator and some others. The crappy graphics you maind with game maker pro 7 have to be rendered to a higher quality by adding effects and such. Try putting foliage and dust to blur the players vision.

1)Calling it a "game creating thing" is a bad sign, lol2)I'm sure you can find programs designed to create games, but you wont be able to make anything on par with current FPS games being released. You need a lot of know-how in programming and modeling to make anything past reasonably generic games using those game maker tools. Also the more complicated the game the tools can generate the more complicated they will likely be to modify to your liking. Basically google will be your friend on this one, there could be some tools out there that get you on your way but it seems like you want to create a game that is pretty advanced, and usually games like PoP have a large team of people working on them for years so it's unlikely there is a simple tool to create something on par with it. Usually easy-to-make tools come out many many years later that can generate games of a certain level, but not generate games of the current generation. You might be able to find an open source 3d engine and start working with that but then you'll again need to have some programming and modeling experience probably.

The only application is the Microsoft XNA Studio, it comes with some sample games/templates you can use, but be aware that it's all hard-coding in DirectX you're doing. If you want to draw models you'll have to use another application.You could also use openGL, same as XNA Studio, but all you need is a good text editor and a C compiler with the right libraries.

It's not free, but I think Dark Basic would be one of the easier ones to learn if you actually want to program a game.Looking up open source 3d engines is also an option, but you need to know C++ and directx programming usually. If you're looking for the pre-packaged "easy" game makers, you're going to end up paying to use them. See if demos are available before you buy to see if it can do what you want.

Game Maker 7 pro rocks!3d Game Creating Thing

First you can make and Prince of persia games and NFS games an everything you want with game maker 7 pro.Who told you that you can make only 2d environment.I don't know if you can insert Maya but 3DS MAX only if it is *.3DS you can convert them from truespace8 BETA to x files and then from GMModelfix to d3d objects!As I said before you can do everything with  Game maker check out games in yoyogames and you will see a lot of 3d types.There are a lot of incomplete street racing games too.It's hard to make them I know beacause now I'm making one.I'm searching too for how to make a 3rd person view.There are a lot on yoyogames with tuts for 3d person view check them out!

-reply by nick