xisto Community

i put "paypal" in the forum search engine, and nothing came up at all. so i'm assuming either no one here is using paypal on their websites, or maybe it's not allowed, or something? or maybe i'm the only one here that's never used it before, and have no idea how to go about setting up paypal with my site. i already created the account with paypal, i just need to know how to put it on my site.thanks,-gregor

I'm not sure what kind of search you did, but you missed something! I brought up your post, and the box beneath it showed 14 "related" posts, many of which had paypal in the title! Take a look down there the next time you look at this thread!One thing I really like about Xisto and its IP.Board software is the "related" stuff it organizes for us!

i put "paypal" in the forum search engine, and nothing came up at all

Are you sure ? I also did it, and I my search result was six pages long.Have a look here : http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?act=Searhlite=%2Bpaypal
I think you forgot to uncheck the box saying "Search this forum only? ".
If you leave this box checked in if you happen to be in the single forum having no concern with your search subject, this could be the explanation why you had no answer.
------------------
By the way, I moved this topic here because it's not really a tutorial.
However I must confess that the docduke answer can be considered as a tutorial concerning the way of looking for related infos at Xisto forum.
Yordan

PayPal allows you to place links from your website to the paypal website using buttons. They give you the code to paste into your website, and when a user clicks the button, they are forwarded to the paypal website.Have a look in your account at the paypal website for the buttons and links you can use.

Are you planning to just accept PayPal donations, or are you planning on implementing using the PayPal API a e-commerce checkout system on your site?
If you are considering implementing PayPal into a e-commerce system, you should visit the official PayPal Integration Center at:
https://developer.paypal.com/
If you are just planning to put a Paypal donation button on your site, visit this page:
https://www.paypal.com/home