xisto Community
PoddarWeb

Bsnl India Broadband - Best And Low Cost DSL Broadband Connection

bsnl - unsatisfactory customer support services
Bsnl India Broadband - Best And Low Cost

hello friends, I m using bsnl unlimited750 plan , bsnl services and speed are good and value for money. Using bsnl is a good experience till you are connected and modem shows the link and data indications. Once the connectivity is gone , its really worst experience because there is absolutely no response to the complaints and it may extend to months...Its a real trouble to visit bsnl office regularly searching for some remedy...

-reply by bsnl user

What are BSNL recommended Broadband Modems for BSNL Broadband Internet connection?

We want to purchase one if it is possible.

Kindly respond 

-reply by Umenra Kumar

BSNL BROADBAND-THE BESTBsnl India Broadband - Best And Low Cost

I am from Karur,Tamilnadu, using BSNL Broadband 500C Plan. Speed is very good and Customer service is also good. I had problem twice in the past 3 years but it was attended rectified within 48 hours. (I just registered my complaint through Phone call only)

-reply by Chezhian

want an internet broadband connectionBsnl India Broadband - Best And Low Cost

Hi to allThis time I am using dial up connection but I want broadband so I need help that should I choose bsnl broadband ?Can it work in uttranchal ?

-question by harpinder

Hardware requirementBsnl India Broadband - Best And Low Cost

Sir,

Could you please tell me whether BSNL wireless broad band connections minimum system hardware requirement.

could a 3G sim card be used in computer for internet and video chating

thanks

pravin

Service of BSNL EVDO usb broadbandBsnl India Broadband - Best And Low Cost

I am thinking of going in for BSNL EVDO usb broadband. How is the service and is it available in Kolkata? How do I register and what are the charges?

Manish

opinionBsnl India Broadband - Best And Low Cost

I am happy to find the sugguestions by our netizens regarding the full co-operation in any matter. When I tried to take a new Broadband connection in the beginning, I exercised more on the information known from the surroundings.

1. In local I.E in a small town people are using the cable net services with unlimited plans at 250/-, 500/-, 750/-, 1,000/- etc. 

2. Another one I collected information about the BSNL Broadband connection. It is experienced to be a little bit expensive in the starting of the plan.

3. It cost me like this. 

a) Landline connection deposit - 500/-

B) Broadband Modem(not wireless) owned  - 1,080/-

c) installation charges paid(betha) - 200/-  in total amount - 500+1080+200= 1,780/-

Later I started using home 256 plan for the starting month. The first bill I got for the initial home plan is Rs.500/-.(120/-Landline rent+250/-Broadband rent+Excess usage of Broadband and call charges beyond limit+taxes)

then I changed my plan from 256 to Home 500 combo after seeing the reviews from our friends. 

I want to give some more guidance to our new friends who are in need of Broadband connection.

1. Apply for change of plan between the dates 24th to 30th or 31st of the month.

2. Never forgot to take the user ID  for checking usage of Broadband. Here we can see the usage daily from our login ( profile details, usage details, plan we are using etc.). The user ID and password will be given by the BSNL broadband service provider. When the person comes to home and installs modem on our computer, he will give the user ID and password. If not given by the concerned person then we have to consult the department and immediately get them.

3. It is sure that most of the people in BSNL also donot know the details of plans and usage of Broadband correctly. 

4. It has taken me a week or 2 for finding the right plan which suits for me. 

5. Plan your download heavy (from 02:00 am to 08:00 am unlimited) perfectly. 

6. Don't forgot to leave torrents automatic downloading when we are connected to the net. 

7. First disable automatic downloading option in Utorrent or Bittorrent.

8. Use the time from 08:00 am(I.E today) to 02:00(late night after 12 O'clock) with the clear observation of stopping downloading direct or in the background.

9. Thanks for the suggestions before I read all in giving help to others.

-reply by srimal

cheapest usb broadbandBsnl India Broadband - Best And Low CostWhich is the cheapest usb broadband.I have tried bsnl it speeds good but not works all the time.Support staff is too lazy so please tell me the alternate.-reply by atul jain

BSNL Broadband is cheap and giving very good serviceBsnl India Broadband - Best And Low Cost

I am using BSNL Broadband service for the last four years. It gives me very good service to contact with my sons & daughter,friends and many others.I read best articles through  BSNL Internet service. I enjoy my retired service life with BSNL.I wish  advancement of BSNL.

-reply by Chanchal Dutta

Well i think that I have got a better internet connection both in terms of magnitude and quality. I have unlimited download with 1mb speed and the cost is just 400 pakistani rupees. (4.5 USD)

yea no doubt bsnl is the best low cost high service. But now i am trying to switch to another bsnl service of wireless bband. It just 750 permonth and you get a speed of 3.1mbps with unlimited downloads and all but in bsnl broadband you get the same for just 750pm but the speed is 256kbps with unlimited downloads. Man look at the speed difference but the same price. FOr the wireless you have to get an evdo card from bsnl they just rock man.

I'm hunting for topics to respond (to pay off my huge myCENT debt) so please don't mind this tinkering of old threads!

This thread was started in 2008? BSNL hasn't changed a bit since then. They still have low prices and good speeds. The only problem is that they still haven't learned how to put these two together. It's high time that they updated their plans keeping their prices intact but increasing bandwidth and/or speed. 2.5GB per month (night unlimited) at 2mbps for Rs.500 is something other providers can't and won't provide, but the fact remains that 2.5GB simply isn't enough. The next upgrade for the same speed is again expensive. It would be good if BSNL upgrades the bandwidth for all existing packages. 2.5 gb isn't enough for someone who watches lot of videos on Youtube or listens to lot of songs online.

I haven't had a problem with their service till now so I can't complain about their customer service, but all these people couldn't be wrong. The employees can get irritating to deal with at times and it's high time they changed this behaviour of theirs. It's their pride which is making them do all this, and since the customers have no other better option they have to keep up with this sort of behaviour :)

It's sad that other ISPs aren't learning from BSNL. If they reduced their prices and improved service quality, it would create a competitive situation and at once everyone would start behaving better, in fear of losing customers. Hardly any other ISP than BSNL takes their service seriously. Airtel tried to make 100mbps popular, but at Rs.16000/- per month?!! How did they even imagine that it would get wide appeal?

There has been a battle for the 3G spectrum recently. Hopefully if the data plans are priced sensibly, we may get some hope of good and better plans. BSNL was good when it was introduced, but it seriously needs a major change and soon.

Hi!

Simpleton, I'm here for some good ol' myCENTs too, so here's my response to your post :-)

BSNL is the cheapest Internet Service Provider and I did have a limited bandwidth account with them. Their limited-usage package quotas are low but they are best suited for folks who travel a lot and want to have something that they can use while they're visiting without having to re-activate, pay for tethering, get a new subscription or anything of the sort. For anybody who needs some real job done, there's the unlimited package as well as the packages with night unlimited for anybody who works during the day and needs connectivity during the night. I'd say it's a good match if you own a laptop, take it work during the day, bring it back home every evening and download a lot of stuff.

If you view videos, you would need an unlimited plan, irrespective of which Internet Service Provider you are with because those megabytes add up fast! Organization put proxy servers in place to prevent employees from visiting YouTube, FaceBook, Flickr, Picasa Web, and other websites that host videos and pictures because they are bandwidth hogs and somebody has to pay for the bandwidth usage at the end of the day. For organizations that do have unlimited bandwidth usage plans, websites are blocked simply to improve access speed rather than anything else. Most universities block peer-to-peer file sharing software from operating on their networks because of the strain on the connection speed rather than for the bandwidth usage.

Airtel's package for Rs.16,000 a month is definitely something that ought to appeal to freelancers and small businesses - unless they target home users, in which case the price and the offering aren't well suited to who they are targeting.

I haven't had a chance to try any of the mobile data plans in India yet, but I have been able to get roaming working from International providers, which seems to be routed through Indian cellular service providers.

I'm hunting for topics to respond (to pay off my huge myCENT debt) so please don't mind this tinkering of old threads!

This thread was started in 2008? BSNL hasn't changed a bit since then. They still have low prices and good speeds. The only problem is that they still haven't learned how to put these two together. It's high time that they updated their plans keeping their prices intact but increasing bandwidth and/or speed. 2.5GB per month (night unlimited) at 2mbps for Rs.500 is something other providers can't and won't provide, but the fact remains that 2.5GB simply isn't enough. The next upgrade for the same speed is again expensive. It would be good if BSNL upgrades the bandwidth for all existing packages. 2.5 gb isn't enough for someone who watches lot of videos on Youtube or listens to lot of songs online.

I haven't had a problem with their service till now so I can't complain about their customer service, but all these people couldn't be wrong. The employees can get irritating to deal with at times and it's high time they changed this behaviour of theirs. It's their pride which is making them do all this, and since the customers have no other better option they have to keep up with this sort of behaviour :)

It's sad that other ISPs aren't learning from BSNL. If they reduced their prices and improved service quality, it would create a competitive situation and at once everyone would start behaving better, in fear of losing customers. Hardly any other ISP than BSNL takes their service seriously. Airtel tried to make 100mbps popular, but at Rs.16000/- per month?!! How did they even imagine that it would get wide appeal?

There has been a battle for the 3G spectrum recently. Hopefully if the data plans are priced sensibly, we may get some hope of good and better plans. BSNL was good when it was introduced, but it seriously needs a major change and soon.

i have BSNL connection as well and i have to agree that no one else provides plans at these rates so cost-wise, it is the best. seeing the whole picture bsnl also is offering less value for money - just when comparing to other ISPs it is better. the common problems everyone has with BSNL is that their customer service is very poor in most of the areas. it depends on luck whether you get a rude or pleasant customer care executive. chances are more for getting the rude ones only! other than this BSNL chokes the speed if it gets too bored and the speed for the limited plans keeps fluctuating more than it is supposed to. i've only begun using an unlimited plan and so far its been good - have to wait and see what more surprises BSNL will be planning.as for 3G, BSNL is doing a good job there too. 30p/sec for video calls? i think that's a price other operators won't be able to beat once they enter the market too. and mobile internet has a long way to go in India - just keep hoping for the best. half of 2010 is already over - maybe in this second half we may be getting some better news.

I NEVER SAW A WORST SERVICE in my lifeBsnl India Broadband - Best And Low Cost

I applied for an BSNL connection at 15/may/2010.I live in Salem,Rajaram nagar. My resi no is 2414*** ,under the name of c.BABU.

I got modem after 20 days ,they told we have lot of problem with older connections and they took 20 days to give modem.And today its 5/july/2010,I still did get the connection.They didn't give the correct user name and password.

And they gave some contact number and the people are not responding me properly.

Every one told BSNL is best but they are not doing it for me.

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW !