xisto Community
jc804

Sandisk Memory Card Write Protection watch out for that lock switch

feed backSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

If you end up unlocking the side button on the memory card and still find the same culprit message,then you can try this...Write click on the memory card drive icon and click on 'eject'.Now remove the memory card from the card reader device or any you are using.Again insert the memory card and try working on.

-reply by Vikas deep

No hardware is the only locking mechanism on SD Cards. You will need to figure out how to move the switch without the standard lock. But really a 4GB card is cheap so I would recommend getting a new one. Looking at things to recommend for you I am starting to think you have a SD Mini or micro and it is the adaptor that has broken. Buy a new mini or micro with an adaptor and you will be able to use both of them with the same adaptor, just not at the same time of course.

FeedbackSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

Omg thank you so much! I was completely stuck on this and I formated my memory card so all my stuff got deleted and I wasAnnoyed because I thought id haveto buy another memory cardBut this saved my lifee!!Thanks so much :)X

-reply by Sammii

I have encountered the same problem. I you are getting the memory card write protected error than you need to check the switch

,SD Cards have a physical switch on the side of them which sets the write protection of the card. If the write protect switch is in the locked position, then it will not be possible to write to the card. in this case you need to unlock it or if the error still persists than you need to format the memory card but formatting the card will delete all the data stored in it. in this case formatted data recovery software will help you to get back your lost data.

aaaww thank you so much....I was going to go to **** Smith and see if they could get it fixed but all I had to do was unlock the slide.....Thanks Big Tme :P:)

aaaww thank you so much....I was going to go to **** Smith and see if they could get it fixed but all I had to do was unlock the slide.....Thanks Big Tme :P:)

LOL ... sometimes we oversee the simplest fix to a problem...

Law of Diagnosis - Always start from the simplest (and dumbest) steps and make your way up :)

Thankyou

Sandisk Memory Card Write Protection

May I just say thankyou very much, I go to every site there telling me to download programs then this thing works straight away very easy and efficent well done and thankyou

-reply by Joshua

please send me solution for usb protection removed my flash drive can't work

Edited by yordan
Do not show your e-mail address here (see edit history)