xisto Community
jc804

Sandisk Memory Card Write Protection watch out for that lock switch

Write protection messageSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

Replying to FeedBacker Hi,

Sorry if I'm intruding - I've never replied before!! re the message "remove write protection" - some folks advise covering the lock switch with adhesive tape - I was puzzled so I cracked open the card holder - not the card with the lock switch - and pressed a little dent into the casing on the lock switch side - now the card works fine. Seems to be something to do with the card size - sloppy fit won't allow correct detection of the card.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hugh

-reply by Hugh Doherty

Micro Sd card write protection removalSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

Hi I have a micro Sd 1g card for my phone, but now when I try and put songs on it it tells me that I must remove the write protection? I have formatted my card and it still comes up the same. Can you help me please!

Thank you very much.I am very confused and I checked my phone for many times for viruses.Very thankful to you.

---krishna---

FeedbackSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

Omg thank you so much! I was completely stuck on this and I formated my memory card so all my stuff got deleted and I wasAnnoyed because I thought id haveto buy another memory cardBut this saved my lifee!!Thanks so much :)X

-reply by Sammii

Write protectSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

The write protect switch is actually in the card reader, just like on old floppy disks. This is why it works even if the plastic switch part falls out.

A friend of mine has a laptop where the card reader has reversed the meaning of the write protect switch. And my camera (Canon) with a modified firmware ignores the write protect switch and writes regardless of the state.

Hope this clears up someof the above confusions.

-reply by Spiff

write protectSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

I have just followed all off the ideas people have put on here on how 2 remove write protect but I'm sorry to say it all aload of **** as I have tryed many times but the same message just keeps coming up.

-reply by adam brookes

mine is an EMTEC SD card (very similar to the SanDisk SD) and same problem here, it doesn't matter in what direction I put the switch, it keeps telling me all the time: "card is write protected, remove the write protection or use another card...Arrgh!! this is so stupid...HELP PLEASE! /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley6.Gif (thanks in advance)

-reply by alxfitting

mine is an EMTEC SD card (very similar to the SanDisk SD) and same problem here, it doesn't matter in what direction I put the switch, it keeps telling me all the time: "card is write protected, remove the write protection or use another card...Arrgh!! this is so stupid...HELP PLEASE! /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley6.Gif(thanks in advance)

-reply by alxfitting

thanksSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

Thank you so much for you having this question! I needed to know that the lock switch thing was pushed up and I pushed it down and it stopped! I was really worried that I had broken it!

-reply by smartie22

remove write protectionSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

how to remove write protection from micro sd card

-reply by sandeep

problem with missing switch on SD CardSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

The card has a PASSIVE slider, meaning the write protect function is made in the reader/camera. I had a card that lots its switch (just by sliding). I made a narrow piece of scotch tape (appx 1/4 inch wide x 1.5 inch long). I then added a fleck of paper, double layer, at about the middle on one side. I then folded the tape around the notch where the slider was, towards the half of the notch on the contact side. Typically, an IR beam will be interrupted, unprotecting the card. I guess you could use electrical tape, but that usually is thicker and may gum up your reader. Make sure no piece sticks out, or it MAY JAM in your reader!! try at your own risk - good luck

removing passSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

I am using sandisk 1 gb micro sd memory card, and given password and it forgot the password. How can access data through computer please help me?

-reply by champak

micro sd card write protectedSandisk Memory Card Write ProtectionMy micro sd card is write protected and I want to remove the write protection also it does not have any kind of small switch or any thing so please suggest me any other method to remove write protection.-reply by VINAY NYARE

nokia 6681 memory cardSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

hi, I have got d same question.

my mmc is not working.I'm not able to copy anything from pc to mmc. Coz of write-protection.

Here I hv read so many articles about locking-slider,etc.. I'm not able to understand..

I have got nokia 6681. Please give me simple suggestion as to how to unlock d write-protection from mmc.

regards,ARUN

Where to find the write-protect switch..Sandisk Memory Card Write Protection

I find the write-protect switch over my MMC memory card.M But, I very upset because there was no any switch there.. Can anybody help me to solve this problem because when I want to transfer anything from my computer to my MMC memory card, it will say that my memory card is write-protected.

-reply by nudge