xisto Community
jc804

Sandisk Memory Card Write Protection watch out for that lock switch

Re:Write protection switchSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

Awesome, you just saved me a lot of phone time. Calling with questions about computers, phones etc... Is one of my least favorite things to do in life! I love you!!

-reply by lorajean

sandisk lock is brokenSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

hello sir I have a 4gb sandiisk but the lock plug is broken now I cannot operate itwhen I insert the card into digicam it shoes that the card is locked

-reply by sridhar

Help with the write protectionSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

I have a motorola e8 rockr never had a probelm b4 but now when I try to add music my phone keeps saying " the memory card is write protected..." ive tried everyting I could think of PLEASE HELP ME! phone has a sandisk 1G memory card with no locking switch! what can I do?

The lock thingy on an SD cardSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

There's nothing electrical inside the card associated with the lock tab. It's an actuator that manipulates a write-enable switch in the reader when the tab's set to the unlocked position. A person could conceivably build up a bit of epoxy (J.B.Weld?) in the spot where a missing tab should be, taking care to keep it flush with the edge of the card body as the tab originally would have been. Use an intact card as a physical reference and there's no reason you can't make your card writable again. Switching back and forth will be the challenge!

-reply by ragbag

There's nothing electrical inside the card associated with the lock tab. It's an actuator that manipulates a write-enable switch in the reader when the tab's set to the unlocked position. A person could conceivably build up a bit of epoxy (J.B.Weld?) in the spot where a missing tab should be, taking care to keep it flush with the edge of the card body as the tab originally would have been.

Wow! Exactly as the write-protect tab on the VHS tapes or on the old-fashioned audio-cassettes ? It was possible to make them writable again by means of a piec of scotch-tape at that exact place.

SD Card Write Protected would not let me delete any picturesSandisk Memory Card Write ProtectionThank you sooooooooooooooo much...I had NO IDEA that the SD Card had a lock mechanism on the side of the card !! That was exactly myproblem, that I've had for so many weeks!! I was sooo confused aboutthis! It never even crossed my mind that there may be this "lock", as they use VHF tapes. Very cool to know and useful, as a parent, as well.This site was extremely helpful and I truly appreciate the user friendly, short, easy to understand advice - as I'm sure others do as well.Once again, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!! Wendeep.S., also thank you for allowing me to comment w/out having to register and/or sign up for anything :) -reply by Wendee

heres ur solutn man!!!!Sandisk Memory Card Write Protection

I was too suffering frm the same problem and thats why I can understand your feelings...

I had tred almost every sol. Nd checked almost every site,butof no use.

TRYY THISS...

TAPE your lock switch so that it DOES NOT move. And then insert your micro sd card in the adapter

and insert that adapter into your laptop .. Then the WRITE PROTECTION message will no longer come as in my case..

the REASON for this taping is that my laptop slot fot adapter was LOOSE and when I insrtd it the switch again came down which got it locked and v can't even realizze it

try it

nd try to reply and tell if your problem solved or not, GUD LUCK!

-reply by SAMbhav

how i remove write protectionSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

I tried many things to remove write protection what nothing sucessfull so Please help me to remove this

-reply by harry

after trying covering up the switch on the disk it still says write protected!Sandisk Memory Card Write Protection

I covered up the switch on my disk and it still states write protected. This is getting old.What else, where else can I go or do. Every time I want to delete a pic after inserting the disk into the computer and pushing delete it comes up with the write protection msg. I have clicked the deal to NOT lock. I have clicked lock and clicked it back. I am at my wits end.

-reply by Dawn

what should i do with my sd micro card, it doesnSandisk Memory Card Write Protection

I don't know what's wrong with it!1) I checked for the lock on the adaptor & its always up,2) I also did the "run" "regidit" & when I right click it, the "format" is not highlighted so therefore I can't click it.3)I also tried the path for "administrative tools" & it doesn't work as well.4) & last but not least I also tried the "safely remove" twice & it didn't work but now it doesn't want to open at all in the computer!I NEED HELP!

-reply by Cesar Gonzalez

My SanDisk Ultra Card DoesnSandisk Memory Card Write ProtectionMy SanDisk Ultra Card Doesn't Have Any Button Mechanism On It !!It's an 8 gd Sandisk ultra card I bought for my camcorder , now that I want to move in some videos on the card itself it won't letme saying ' disk write protected please plug in another disk ' . I don't have that button you guys are all jabbering about , someone letme know if you have any idea :)Cheerz !

Write protectionSandisk Memory Card Write ProtectionThank you so much I havent used my camera for a while, when I wanted to take a pic, said this disk is write protoected, knowing I had done nothing to write protect it, Luckily I opened this link and you are amazing! Thank You again!