xisto Community
tamuna90

I Can't Turn Off My Computer problem with turning of computer...

today I downloaded several files, and after this I can't delete one of them , and the main problem is that I can't turn off my computer... why ?? does anyone know this?please help me :) P.S sorry for my bad English :)

Are you getting any errors? any messages? What exactly is happening when you go to turn off your computer? Also, what type of computer do you have, desktop or laptop, brand? Please give us as much information as possible s o we can help.At a guess, I would say that the system is still using the file you downloaded, thus why you cannot delete it, or turn off your computer.

Are you getting any errors? any messages? What exactly is happening when you go to turn off your computer? Also, what type of computer do you have, desktop or laptop, brand? Please give us as much information as possible s o we can help.
At a guess, I would say that the system is still using the file you downloaded, thus why you cannot delete it, or turn off your computer.

when I press the buttun "turn off " it isn't getting anything... no messages or other errors...... but there is a little noise in the system block..
but I am not using that file I downloaded today..and when i press delete it gets the error: "can't delete..access is denied..Make shure the disk isn't full or write protected and that the file isn't currently in use"

and also I can't make restart :)
Edited by tamuna90 (see edit history)

when I press the buttun "turn off " it isn't getting anything... no messages or other errors...... but there is a little noise in the system block..but I am not using that file I downloaded today..and when i press delete it gets the error: "can't delete..access is denied..Make shure the disk isn't full or write protected and that the file isn't currently in use"

and also I can't make restart :)

Very likely that you've caught a malware. You can force power off by pressing the power button for more than 4 seconds. Then Turn it on and keep pressing F5 until you get into windows. This will activate safe mode. Hopefully the malware isn't running. So you can start running your virus scanner and spyware scanner to get rid of it. Simply deleting the downloaded files at this point might not help, cause malware are known to be very smart with this. They might have planted themself into the registry and auto start by itself.

If you think you can handle a bit more, you can try running "msconfig", by using "Run" or pressing Win+R. Look under "Startup". Look under command for anything unusual, or with the name of the file you've just downloaded. If unsure, just disable all. Then reboot. If it works properly after that. Then you can try to enable one by one, which each you need to restart then check again. Until you found out the culprit. After that, that note of the "Command" and look for the actual file and delete it.

At the mean time you might want to pull out your network cable or turn off your modem, just in case the malware is siphoning out your data.

Good luck

I also experience that same problem you have man, not once but thrice already. That's not so cumbersome or hard to eliminate that spyware or malware messing around your system. Anti-virus would be so helpful so you must have it all day running at your system's background, but Anti-virus would not be enough you must have anti-spyware, anti-rootkits, anti-hacker installed some of these are bundled in a third-party protection software -I recommend AVG or Kaspersky.That culprit you have is an executable file, it usually disguises or embeds or even create an identical file (same filename and extension) of vital Windows components or services running in your system. I runs and executes every time you boot your system and then starts to annoy or destroy your day!To deal with with this, you can first identify what it is (if your curious enough) if not obliterate it with a good anti-spyware directly. You can open up your task manager and point to processes, there you can review what are the processes running. Usually in disguises itself as svchost.exe, spoolsv.exe, daemon.exe, cftmon.exe, isass.exe. If you find unusual running then you have to scan your system, preferably at Safe Mode to get successful results.

My laptop auto starts after I turn it off

I Can't Turn Off My Computer

I don't know what the problem is but my laptop re-starts windows after I turn it off. The only way to turn it off is for me to hold the on/off button until the laptop finally is turned off. I hope you can help me with this problem.

-question by Chonfi

Strange, but Yesterday I couldn't turn off my computer too, I needed to hold the power button for over 4 seconds, as I remember yesterday I downloaded some Windows updates, so maybe it's their fault, I will try to scan myself Today and turn off my computer.Strange was one thing, that when turning off through Windows, it seemed that my Hard drives stopped working, but the CPU and Cooler didn't turn off..I scanned.. I didn't find anything.. but my computer turned off normally.. :)

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

Just want to add another note on my experience here. Recently I helped to install an Acer Travelmate 6292 notebook. After installing winXP and all the driver, the system fail to power off nor restart. It will reach the "Windows is now shutting down" screen, then won't power off. So, need to press the power button for 4 seconds to force it to turn off. I did left it for 30minutes or so, but it won't help. Can't do anything also after fiddling around driver update and registries and so on. Found some info online, but also can't help. I know it's definitely caused by driver, cause I did restart before installing any driver, and it works. By the way, I install a few driver before I restart, so can't figure out exactly which driver is causing it.So, I ended up formatting the system, and reinstall everything from scratch. This time, when installing the driver, and restart each time. It was cause by the bluetooth driver (Bluesoleil). After searching online, and updated with the new driver, it won't solve the problem, damn. So I have to format and install everything again for the 3rd time. This time, right before I install the bluetooth driver, I do a image back. This is so that I can try different version of the bluetooth driver to see which one is working, since merely updating to newer version can't fix the broken windows. Later I found out that the version from the Bluesoleil website actually works, where as the one given in the Acer driver cd broke.Well, a good lesson to be learned. Don't even trust the driver given by the manufacturer. It might be broken without them knowing it. And always do make BACKUP. This has wasted me 2 days (The first day I did install everything including softwareS, what's why a lot of wasted hours)

It's best to back up your documents/pictures; then reformat your system. However, if you don't have the time to do so, just use the little toggle switch at the back on your power supply (it has a button that either says I or O), pop it to O to immediately cut power to the system to turn it off. Then after 5 seconds pop the switch back to I so that next time when u turn on your system, u won't be wondering why the system won't turn on.xboxrulz

turn off problemI Can't Turn Off My Computer

I cant turn off my computer in a single attempt ,but if I canturn off my computer at second attempt...Can you give resolution forthis problem...Is there any virus have entered in my computer?

I have hade windows vista after I format it I install windows xp black  I have a problem when I press turn off my laptop will restart and flash or other device it dosn't work when I conect it ...In device maneger I active all device.../txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley1.Gif 

-reply by zhwa

My compter also doesntI Can't Turn Off My ComputerI had just purchased a Dell Studio 1735. I haven't had any problems with it until today. I uploaded a video game that was well within the computer capability. Now the computer freezes up when I try to log on to the Administrator profile or when I turn the computer off. The screen just gets stuck.The other profile I have which has limited access works fine from what I can tell but it still freezes up when I try to turn the computer.I turned the computer off several times by just holding the power button and attempted to start it in safe mode but when I log on to a profile the screen has the safe mode written in the 4 corners of the computer and it freezes up where all I have is a blank screen.I uninstalled the game I put on the computer so now I don't know what to do.-reply by Justin R

i cannot turn off my computerI Can't Turn Off My Computer

I can not turn off my computer but I trying to use  log off then switch use user name then now should restart and shut down in my windows XP

give me advice what should I do?

my computer cannot turn off properly. Because I need to go switch user name so I can restart or shut down

pls.. Some reply from my question,,

I had this problem twice on my PC. It was some work of some malicious scripts and malwares. But the PC was a spam junk PC so I didnt look after for a solution.Check around their might be a lot of help around the web, since its common attack. A possible clue: The malware would have done some editing in registry. So narrow down your search to get the accurate results.

Well I can imagine that maybe today your computer is good again or maybe you had been forced to format your pc. But when your pc have that crash I recommend you that you only disconnect your computer from the electricity and reboot your computer waiting at least 60 seconds...this is the time to the disk refresh all its components. Today your case is so weir but the most of people who have this problem opt for the classic solution: format your pc and that is a great mistake because they lose almost all the files they had and the solution is simple you only have to wait and that is all. Once you reboot your machine if appears a error screen well...there are a lot of ways to repair a computer without format it. Once is the boot disk and more directly the me millenium boot disk...whith this disk I have repaired a lot of computers without format the disk and the people thank me a lot because they have accustomed to receive their computers in blank when they take it to repair. Well maybe my explanation is not so simple and there is a lot to understand before trying to repair the computer with a me millenium boot disk but at least I gave you the idea and now go to google and download the boot disk of me millenium and install it in a diskette and save it carefully because in any problem with your computers that little disk will save you the life. :D