xisto Community
kiro

Typing Speed how long

The words I type per minute vary everyday. On a good day, I can get anywhere from 60 WPM to 100 WPM, and I usually finish my programs in about 10 minutes or less, that is, if I know what I'm doing and I have planned out the structure of my program.On a bad day, I get around 40 WPM to 59 WPM. I usually find myself hitting the backspace button repeatedly, and that really hinders the completion of my programs.I really don't think WPM have a large affect on my scripts or programs because if you know what you're doing, or you have planned out your code before typing, then I think you will finish faster than someone who have no organization. That's my opinion because there are plenty of people in the AP Computer Science class who type at about 15 WPM, but finish their programs (and gets a 100 on it) much faster than those who type at 100+ WPM.

Notice from snlildude87:
As for this topic, I've decided to move it to the General section because it really doesn't belong in PHP (mentioning the word "script" does not count).

On a good day, maybe 50 to 60 words per minute. On a bad day... 15 or 20. Most of the time, they are bad days. I just can't seem to get my thoughts out and always mispell everything. I personally don't think typing speed means everything. It's the quality of the writing. I know people who are amazingly slow, but the quality is amazing.

i average about 70 wpm on a keyboard i'm familiar with. ie: my laptop. otherwise i find myself repeateddly hiting the backspace and hunting for missing keys. I'm not a touch typist, at least not a 10-fingered one. I use 4 or 6 fingers usually, and can type like that without looking at the keyboard. that's probably where i mess up when using an unfamiliar keyboard, cuz i've memorized where the places are on mine.

I generally have a speed of 60-70 word per minute when I am typing english, but for other languages like Hindi it becomes very slow, somewhere between 15-20 word per minute. How many of u are typing other languages than English.

you have to think of making mistakes with your incredible speeds. typing so fast can cause lots of probs for ya. Even though I can type real fast (250+ WPM) I still slow down whenever I am coding in order not to make stupid mistakes in there.

you have to think of making mistakes with your incredible speeds. typing so fast can cause lots of probs for ya. Even though I can type real fast (250+ WPM) I still slow down whenever I am coding in order not to make stupid mistakes in there.

66592[/snapback]

Why do I think 250WPM isn't accurate? Maybe because you'd be like the best secretary in the world.

I can get up to about 65 wpm on a typing test. When I am typing out stories or things that are just coming from my head I can go much faster. If I am typing out code I go pretty slow though, because making a mistake there will lead to taking three times as long to figure out where I went wrong.

Obviously I have gotta an era of using voice input .If you wanna voice input stead of keyboard just searching from google It will give you more abt that.I think it's will be better for everone on earth.

I think I max out at 60 words per minute (the last time I checked). That is using the 'ten-finger' method, where I am only looking at the keyboard and hardly ever looking at the screen except to check what I have typed at the end of a paragraph or two. I know it is not the best method of typing but it is good enough for the amount of work that I do.

I don't know my exact WPM but I can type fast, and well. It's really handy. Get your homework done fast. :P I often do look at the keyboard when I type, but I don't have to. I don't look at the keyboard when copying something off a piece of paper. I learned to type well in primary school, because I was in an enrichment program. :P