xisto Community
Sten

Can't Access Astahost Hosteed Sites (including Cpanel And Ftp)

Well its been about a week now since i havent been able to access anything hosted on the gamma server (including the gamma.xisto.com address) and its starting to annoy me. my brother "co-owns" a site hosted here and he hasnt been able to go on it or anything so he told me to ask about it.So it was when i was uploading EZ Publish (via ftp) to my site it happened. after like 500 files it lost connection and wouldnt connect. later on i found that i couldnt get on my site or cpanel either. i then went on my best friends site hosted here and couldnt access it so i went on other sites hosted here and couldnt get on them either.I don't no whether to bother submitting a ticket because i no it wont get replied to. is my IP banned or something? its not my computer because my brother cant get on anything astahosted on his wii either.ive played around in pc cillin but i cant find anything, and ive approved all the sites but cant get on them.so if any admin reads this, is there anything wrong with it? something that needs to be fixed on your end?

Very strange your situation because the gamma server is my hosted server and i can access everything without any problem, cpanel, ftp, etc.Right now, i'm logged in to my cPanel and the server status shows that the server is up for 16days, 7:56min and all the service status are up.Do you try to perform a ping to gamma.xisto.com????? if true, what are the results??? i just do it and the results are fine too.Best regards,

ping and tracert both time out.i tried it a few days ago.the worst part is, friends can get on them. I have to use a proxy if i want to go on them.i havent been able to do much on my site lately either. its really annoying.

It seems like an IP ban to me, I'm not sure what it could be, so maybe someone of the administration could help you. You could try accessing the sites with a proxy, as a temporary solution though.

Have you submitted a support ticket at https://support.xisto.com/ yet? Because that will be the only way to know if your IP got blocked in someway, which I doubt unless Xisto servers believe the IP number that was being used tried multiple times to log into the cpanel unsuccessful and so they got locked out.

So I would drop a support ticket with your IP and see if something happened with it.

yeah i submitted one last night but god knows when/if ill get a reply.even though the live support was online when i submitted it (i shouldve looked before i sent it) i still didnt get a reply.a while ago i sent a ticket asking about Xisto - Web Hosting and got a reply but do they even look at the Xisto one?

ive been sitting here with the live support open for over 7 minutes and "stanley" still hasnt said a word or answered anything ive written.i hope something can be done, id really like to work on my site. i dont want to buy hosting yet.

Edited by Sten (see edit history)

ive been sitting here with the live support open for over 7 minutes and "stanley" still hasnt said a word or answered anything ive written.
i hope something can be done, id really like to work on my site. i dont want to buy hosting yet.

Apparently no chat support is available for free hosting customers, I already tried that.

thats explains that then, lol.the email i got when i sent my ticket said if my issue hasnt been solved within a day. then again thats probably just a thing that Kayako put in there as the default email.anyway, if i dont have a reply tomorrow, ill complain i spose, the email told me to. i sent it last night.

This happens all the time with me. I asked my ISP about it but they didn't know either. You just have to wait and it works again after a while.

yeah but it only happens to you for 1 day. its been a week for me now.gotalk/aapt wouldnt even want to help anyway, they are useless. all they ever tell me to do whenever i have a problem is to do a spyware scan :l

is everyone that is having problems got a dynamic or static ip address. As saint-michael said, if someone has tried to login multiple times unsuccessfully using a IP address - it may have been blocked. If you have a dynamic ip and you connect to the internet, maybe your picking up a ip address that is blocked, not by you but by someone else maybe!I had this problem a few months back - it sorted itself out a few days later without any intervention on my behalf, nor the isp or xisto. I had all the same problems, couldn't connect, no ping, trace etc etc

is everyone that is having problems got a dynamic or static ip address. As saint-michael said, if someone has tried to login multiple times unsuccessfully using a IP address - it may have been blocked. If you have a dynamic ip and you connect to the internet, maybe your picking up a ip address that is blocked, not by you but by someone else maybe!
I had this problem a few months back - it sorted itself out a few days later without any intervention on my behalf, nor the isp or xisto. I had all the same problems, couldn't connect, no ping, trace etc etc

I'm on a static IP for most of the time, unless I pick up a different IP on very rare occasions. My ISP tested it on their systems both on their network (same as mine) and on a different network and it was working. Xisto said that my IP address was not banned.

It's been 20 days already!!!