xisto Community
A W K1405241550

Which Email Address Do You Like The Best?

I like Yahoo! best too. It has a nice inbox size, loads quickly, and your account also allows you to access all the other Yahoo! services. It also allows you to use POP3 and SMTP, and if you do use that, then there will be no ads attached to the end of the emails you send. And Gmail (and Google), apparently, aren't that safe, and some reports claim that Google tracks your information. I have AOL (as in, the ISP), so I have AOL email too, but to access it through the website itself, it takes forever. Hotmail (now Windows Live Mail) is okay; it loads fairly fast now, but I still don't like their junk filter. It blocks out too many emails and makes life annoying (i.e.: you always have to check back with the person through some other form of communication to see whether they got the email or not). As for any other email services, I can't really say since I haven't used them thoroughly yet.Yep, Yahoo! has to be the best mainstream email service, in my opinion. =) Yahoo!! xDSerena

I use both live-mail and gmail and I do tend to prefer gmail. Gmail is fast (faster than live mail at least) and it's easy to work with. Adding a contacts in live mail is kinda old-skool, in gmail you start typing the name or adress and gmail gives you a list of possible contacts ... nice ;) . One downside about gmail is that you can only download ~200 messages through POP3... I don't know about safety and I don't realy care too much about it, if they want, they'll get it anyway ;) .If it weren't for the 5 adresses I already have, I'd make myself a Yahoo-account (I do start to like Yahoo! since I tried their search functions).

My choice of Hotmail is more historical than anything else. I setup my Hotmail account just after Microsoft bought Hotmail which was many years ago. Since then I have used it as my primary account for just about everything I do. All of the other accounts that I have are all forwarded to the Hotmail account.I use Hotmail not because I think it is the best but because it would be almost impossible to switch. I still have contacts from over 10 years ago that occasionally send me a message. Microsoft could certainly make me happier but it works good enough to bare the pain. The only feature that I wish they had was forwarding.

Personally, I prefer Yahoo. Their mail now has unlimited storage and the new Yahoo beta has a great interface. You can simply just drag and drop your e-mails to move them anywhere you want. Everything is neat and simple in beta, but the older version of Yahoo is customizable in color and avatar. A win-win choice I say!

Since I use MSN Messenger all the time, I started of with a Hotmail address, but soon started to hate it. First of all, the inbox would always open in Internet Explorer when opened through MSN Messenger - and I find that really annoying. Furthermore, the old inbox version was slow and messy, and the new one isn't better at all. And finally, the spam filters. If I don't get more than 5 spam mails in my inbox, I'm happy.I think all those reasons are enough for me to try GMail - and then stick with it. During the two (more, actually) years I've been using it, there were no complains. Such a simple and fast system, but has everything a average user needs. One thing that improves its score is the fact that by logging into your GMail account, you are also logged into all the web sites that use Google Accounts (and vice versa). Why would I login separately fo GMail, Google Adsense, iGoogle? And oh, Google as a search engine beats MSN and Yahoo. Together.

for design, i LOVE yahoo webmail! it looks really cool. and unlimited storage now.actually, i might move to it LOL! it seems cool enough. i have like heaps of yahoo accounts, i can never remember them though for some reason.

I love the GMail system, hell my domain name's mail service is handled by Google through Google Apps, so of course I love it, else why would I bother Google Apps on my website!

I also used Windows Live Messenger too (the "standard" in Toronto), so I just tag my email address to a Microsoft Passport account.

Plus, I don't like Yahoo mail too much, especially their new design because it's quite slow to load on my desktop, and not much on my Mac. My ISP partnered with Yahoo, so I get all the Yahoo premium services...

Desktop:

ASUS P4B533-VMIntel Pentium 4 2533 MHz
1 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 AGP running @ 4X

xboxrulz

I am using Gmail, but for sometime, a long time, I usually use my own emails with hosting, as I still tend to use email clients, for a lot of years I have an email with my ISP domain and I like it, it is fast and etc. But for webmail, which usually is very comfortable I like to use GMail, I even store my documents for university or stuff in it by saving a draft email. ;] Never liked using others, don't need to..

The email address I love is firstname@yourname.comUnfortunately, in order to have this address you must own your own domain name.Populis.com offers this feature for free. Unfortunetely, if you have a free account their server is often down.By the way, I heard that their paid hosting server is also often down.I think myname.com is a very nice mail address, smart enough if nobody boght the domain before you.

I use Windows Live Hotmail mainly because most of my friends are on the Windows Live Messenger network. It is ok, with the classic version working in Opera and Safari, Full version in Internet Explorer and Firefox/Flock/Netscape. I receive quite a few emails there, mostly notifications and stuff though.

My main choice of email about be GMail, I like the web-based interface and that is my main account. I get newsletters and a lot of stuff there. The spam filter works excellent, but I'm still not comfortable with the Labels thing. I prefer folders better.

I used to use Yahoo! Mail, but the thing is, it doesn't store your message on the server after you downloaded it to POP3. GMail does, and in case of accidental deletion or Windows re-installation, I can still retrieve my emails from there. Also, Yahoo! Mail marks my emails as spam, even though it isn't. The filter is either too strict or too lenient.

More and more, I am communicating with friends through Facebook. They check that much more often than they do with Windows Live Hotmail, and it integrates really good with social networking. See this article for more information: https://www.cnet.com/topics/software/.

Anyways, I would recommend GMail to new users unless they use Windows Live Messenger, then Hotmail I guess.

I still use gmail alot, even though I know that they are collecting my information. I also use outlook express on the ad.ufl.edu server, which is pretty good. I have msn hotmail, but I don't really use it that much. It kind of annoys me with all of the spam that I get. But, like the person above said, alot of msn messenger contacts use hotmail, and it's been there since a long time ago. But yeah, right now, gmail is the way to go.