xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Who Has The Best Site Here?

Best Site  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

they all look good, and since i was to lazy to look into the contact much i went w/ the one that i thought looked the best and voted for maxotek. I also clicked on one of ur adds sten ;) your welcome ;)

Finally!! Somebody apart from myself instilled their vote of confidence on Maxotek.

Thank You eXc1te

You missed the best one of them all, Yahoo! Coders Cookbook, ycoderscookbook.com. And yes this is self promoting

Oopsy! Must be because your site could not be verified by the script at that time. I don't have the permission to modify the poll. It'll have to be done by a moderator.

Oopsy! Must be because your site could not be verified by the script at that time. I don't have the permission to modify the poll. It'll have to be done by a moderator.

Done ;)

I voted for Maxotek, since I see it as the best combination of information and design (or better to say the way you present that information). I also quite like Arbitrary's site, from the design side.

I can't say that there is a best site. I don't really judge best, but I think there were a lot of really good sites on that list. I have seen many colorful, a lot were very informative when needed, and well, some just weren't online. I voted for graffiti, because from my artist background, it stuck out the most... I think I should have put more time into voting, but I sometimes I go with what I see.I hope to try to get more into my site. I have many drafts on my harddrive, but just haven't found the time to put detail to everything... I am just trying to take my time on this one this time around.Good job all... and I plan to check back from time to time.- skedad -

Those are pretty well built sites. I like many of them its gonna be a hard choice in between that they are made by many talented individuals on this hosting service, heh. So many have different themes of designs and concepts of choice so its gonna be a hard vote between the rest. All with different style of coding and content. If this poll was broken down to more of a content oa category based poll it would be a easier vote and more understandable voting scheme. But I just closed my eyes and made a vote to make it fair hahha...

Wow my site is there!!!!! yay ;).

I had no idea this thread existed till just now, haha and I haven't been able to really up date my site in so long......

As a side note, do you's think the base design is pretty reasonable (it's all 100% custom made ;)), but there is still work to do on it.

Oh wow my page rank is pretty decent of the list also, sweet!!!! Well if I get time, that's going to improve soon ;).

EDIT: And while I think vusja's handyphp could "look" less cluttered, I am definitely putting my vote on it.

Edited by Chesso (see edit history)

Yeah, that page rank 5 was hard to accomplish too! The Alexa rank of 195,809 was even harder. ;)I'm really surprised that I had the highest page rank. Perhaps other members that were able to get a decent page rank moved their hosting to a paid service.I didn't even realize my site had been placed on the list here. There are a lot of good looking sites on the list but I haven't had time to look at all of the content. I think the content is the most important part of the survey but if your site looks bad will people even look?I think everyone should keep up the hard work they have put into their websites. It won't be long until you all have tricked Google into raising your page rank like I have. ;)vujsa

What does the whole page rank thing mean anyway?Wouldn't the ranking be based on certain keywords (in which case I would easily be PR1 for a handful of search terms).

The Page Rank is a scale from 1 to 10 which determines how important google holds a particular page. But, in this case, the Page Rank represents the entire site and not just one URL. It is different from being ranked No. 1 for any particular search query.

Ues this tool to check the Page Rank of sites: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, depending on where you look, handyphp.com either has a page rank of 5 or 6! Firefox shows 5 and so does Website Grader but Check Page Rank and Xinu show a rank of 6!

Anyhow, there are explanations of the ranking system found on this forum and many other places on the web like Wikipedia. Nevertheless, I'll give a brief explanation.

Google has a formula and a computer that calculates the page rank of any given web page. Not site! This is a page by page calculation!

A page's rank increases if it is linked to by several other sites.
The higher the rank of the page that links to yours, the more credit your link is given in the calculation.
So it is most important to have you link listed on highly ranked pages but having a large number links to your page no matter how high their rank is will also help.

So in theory, if every web page in the World linked to your page, then that page would earn a 10! But this is all relative!So if your page rank drops a point, it may not mean that your website has less importance, just that there are more websites that managed to gain greater importance.

Now, Google uses that page rank data to determine the position of your link in their search results.
If your content page has a rank of 3 then any content page related to the search with a higher rank will be shown before yours. However, this can also be relative since Google also uses the number of clicks to the link in the calculation and every page is treated individually by it's content.

For example, my PHP related website does very poorly when you search for "PHP".
But "PHP Ordinal" does very well. This is because of the exact matching content and the frequency in which Google user's click on the link.

But now we are deep into the SEO realm and I need to remember that the topic is who has the better site here. While page rank and SEO statistics help to identify quality content on the internet, learning how to use that data and get honest feedback from discussions like this is where we can benefit the most. So, keep up the hard work and enjoy your hobby! If it makes you money, enjoy it more! ;)

vujsa