xisto Community
Marcella

What Is The Best Photo Sharing Site? The best photo sharing site

[Another great one is http://coversplash.com/. You can sell photos for free, and buying photos is really easy since you just download them straight from the site, no hassle. You also get to maintain your own copyright. No limits to the storage size or anything either. I think where it kind of beats the others is it is also a social network. You can follow other photographers and everyone has their own “Photostream” to view what is going on around the site.

[Another great one is http://coversplash.com/. You can sell photos for free, and buying photos is really easy since you just download them straight from the site, no hassle. You also get to maintain your own copyright. No limits to the storage size or anything either. I think where it kind of beats the others is it is also a social network. You can follow other photographers and everyone has their own “Photostream” to view what is going on around the site.

Ho-ho, that's funny. Concerning the starter topic title, in my opinion "the best" photo sharing site is a free one. But, obviously, there is another option, "the best" one is the one who allows people to sell pictures!
That's completely new for me. My pictures are for my own pleasure, and sharing with friends means sharing for free. But, of course, artists need some money, so artists have to sell their pictures. Nice concept.

I personally use Picasa for my pictures and can easily share them from my computer to the Internet.For other images, I am using Dropbox, I just put an image to a public folder, get the hyper link for it and show it where I want it, in a chat or forum, it's a simple link to an image, so it's really good, very convenient, you don't need to upload anything, you just put it in a folder like a file and let the dropbox sync it. You can also use the feature to show a lot of pictures, by using Photos as a gallery and not the public folder. Dropbox is really one of the best tool I am using. :)

Dropbox is really one of the best tool I am using. :)

Doesn't dropbox need an installation on your PC? I remember I had problem when I was not on the network, dropbox froze my PC because of lack of connection, I had to uninstall it in order to have a fast boot again.

Yes, it needs to be installed on your PC for the synchronization to work, but I use for a long time and don't really have any problems nor on Windows 7, nor on Windows XP, nor on mobile devices.By the way, there's a portable version available of Dropbox.Sure, if you want to share a picture/photo from a library computer or some other public place, you would need to choose some other image hosting service, or if you are not lazy, you can always login to your Dropbox account through the web interface and upload the picture there into your account space and you wouldn't need to use the installed version of Dropbox on your PC, but if you use it, it will sync that uploaded picture on all your devices whenever you will turn on your computer and start Dropbox.Using the web interface, you will be able to share the link of that uploaded photo too.

By the way, there's a portable version available of Dropbox.

Good news, I'll try to find this portable version.

you can always login to your Dropbox account through the web interface and upload the picture there into your account space and you wouldn't need to use the installed version of Dropbox on your PCUsing the web interface, you will be able to share the link of that uploaded photo too.

Good news, I didn't know this trick, I thought that it worked only through the installed version, I'll try agait through the web interface.