xisto Community
dserban

Games That Warp Your Sense Of Reality After Long Periods Of Play

I would have to add Counter Strike to my list of games that alter my state.Sometimes after a long period of play I start to look around when I am outside I start to think about waht places in the city would make a good CS map.I can constantly look at the top of building or in high up windows just to see if there is a sniper up there.Also watchign films that have gunshots in them, soo many times I hear a desert eagle sound but see a crappy gun in the hands of the actor.The sound quality of CS is amazing and they seem to use the same sound effects library that film producers use.

I don't think I have quite had that issues.Certainly I have gotten into games quite heavily (especially RPG's), but never changes how I see reality.The only thing I have done that has really changed how I see reality is Skateboarding, pretty much everything I see has something about it that I would like to skate on :blink:.

even the quirkiest elements of a game have permeated your mind and warped your perception of reality somewhat.

Now now careful there, proceed with caution when your line of thought is nearing the Jack Thompson Danger Zone.

It's not really exclusive to gaming. After a skiing vacation I always have the urge to ride my bicycle faster. The examples brought up in the article are rather odd cases. "Warp your sense of reality" is also somewhat exaggerated, to say the least - we're not talking about surreal landscape transformations.

Also, in related news:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

First Person Shooter Syndrome Leaves Man Psychologically Damaged Posted Image

I've been playing games that let you explore vast lands (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Oblivion) and I find myself wishing I could just sneak into someone's house and just start talking to them, joke around a bit, and make a new friend :blink: Or wandering around and having random strangers give me "quests" and pay me, rather than actually "working."Or somehow saving the world and having an exciting adventure all in one month.Games are nice for they give me a sense of purpose, though when I sit down and think about what I'm really doing... haha, yeah what a waste of time.So wonderful :D

Well, I remember when playing games, it was the other way around.. ;] in reality I didn't think that I am in a game when walking in downtown or similar, but when playing some adventure game which I really liked, like beneath the steel sky, Simon the sorcerer, queen of amazon jungle, kyriandia, monkey island and a lot more, when coming back from school I turned on the game, it was so kewl for me that I really thought I was inside the game ;D emotionally :blink: but never had problems in reality, maybe never played to much.. :D

well it doesnt happen to me.but, my little brother when ever he takes a liking for a new game, he NEVER shuts up about it, its all he ever talks abouthe always tries to get real life involved in it, like he relates real life stuff to his fictional crapits usually runescape, but neopets, habbo, anything. its SO annoying