xisto Community
acdragon

How To Wash Your Hair Without Shampoo Natural and Effective

How to Wash Your Hair Without Shampoo

There are many reasons to eschew typical shampoo and conditioner. For one, shampoo can actually be damaging to hair by building up a residue. Secondly, it costs money that you could put toward other things. And greatest of all, your hair will be a lot more healthy as well.

Steps

1. Before showering, combine one tablespoon baking soda with one cup warm or hot water in a plastic bottle. Shake it for a moment and put it aside.

2. Combine one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (ACV) with one cup water in another plastic bottle.

3. Shower. Wet hair and slowly pour the baking soda mix onto your hair. Massage your scalp for a few minutes. You will probably not feel the baking soda, but it's there. Briefly work through the rest of your hair. Rinse.

4. Apply the ACV solution. Massage into scalp, and follow with a cool rinse. The cool water closes the cuticles and cuts down on frizzes.

Advice

* This will work best if you wait a few days after your last hairwashing. Your hair may also have to go through a "detox" period of greasy hair which can last a week or two. During this time your hair is getting rid of old shampoo build-up. Be patient.

* ACV, of course, smells like vinegar. Don't worry though; once you have rinsed your hair the smell will go away. If it doesn't, you are using too much ACV.

* You don't have to condition your hair every time you wash.

* Don't be afraid to experiment and do what works best for you.

* Baking soda is also known as bicarbonate of soda. It is sold in most supermarkets, health food stores and similar places.

* Your hair may go through a transition period of up to two weeks, but if you can get past that, your hair will look and feel great!

This sounds interesting, is there anymore information and articles or things like that to back this up, perhaps some real life examples?MY hair is always bleh (I can never keep it just plain straight and bits frizz out, nothing too odd but still) and I use shampoo+conditioner (once every 2 days), and water wash my hair everyday (which includes when I use shampoo+conditioner), plus every second day I also have started using this other hair thing you use while hair is damp.But none of this seems to ever really make a difference what so ever.So I am very interested to here in any alternatives that aren't going to cost an arm or a leg and my hair falling out in the next 5 years lol.

If you have curly hair, so try to wash your hair with natural products. Most shampoos contain harsh, drying sulfates that are extremely damaging for curly hair. Lemon is best conditioner to your hair, combine the juice of one lemon with an equal amount of your normal conditioner. Work into the hair and comb through. Rinse thoroughly.

I would be careful to wash your hair with baking soda combined with one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, as it's quite a bad reaction, I mean it's poisonous a bit...

I would rather suggest to wash your hair with nettles in hot water, it's one of the most effective ways, or lemons if you can't find nettles anywhere, even though to much lemons may dry your skin to much...

Any way, without using shampoo, your hair, especially for women, won't smell like it usually does using a shampoo. ;)

If you don't know what a nettle is than here's a link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nettle

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

I would rather suggest to wash your hair with nettles in hot water, it's one of the most effective ways, or lemons if you can't find nettles anywhere, even though to much lemons may dry your skin to much...

Really with nettles? Isn't there an urticant effect when doing that? Or do you expect that the urtica effect disappears with hot water? At least at the beginning, do not touch this with your bare hands, and keep it off your face. Last time I fell down on a couple of nettle plant, I felt it really disagreeable.