xisto Community
Eclipse1405241548

Free Mysql Server Sites Give me some links ;)

Simply participate here at the Xisto's forums and when you have the needed credits request your space, if it is approved start your website and create your mysql databases.

If you don't want nothing more than a MySql server host well in that case the db4free project is your best choice.

BTW, thanks for the link.

Best regards,

really whats do u just need a database for? wot can u do with A database :Punless uve got hosting somewhere else and it doesnt have databases.

really whats do u just need a database for? wot can u do with A database :Punless uve got hosting somewhere else and it doesnt have databases.

Good point...I don't think I've ever come across a host that supports server-side high level languages (PHP, perl, JSP, ASP, etc) but doesn't give you some MySQL databases.

He may want it because his host only gives him one or two databases and he is in need of a few more, although normally you can just assign a user to the database. :P

That's what table prefixes are for. All respectable php apps have support for them, and adding them in is actually very easy to do if you can code php...

Exactly, this is a good reason for it, and until yesterday i have one client that was in this situation, so yesterday i decide to create an account on the db4free project to resolve this for him, right now this client is happy, but as i view on the db4free page and told him this mysql server can be used as a temporal server only not as a production.

Best regards,
Edited by TavoxPeru (see edit history)

I'd recommend db4free.net, or otherwise, try signing up to a free web host that has MySQL databases, and using them if they have remote access.
If you are prepared to host your own, and you have a broadband internet connection with a computer that's always on, that's always a good option.