xisto Community
sdoherty1000

Free Hosting Is It Worth It?

i signed up with Asta host over 5 years ago in a hunt for FREEBIE! at the time with patience-deficiency it took only a few posts (less than 5 if i can recall correctly) before i decided to move on and disappeared....now i'm back and with Patience and Determination to get my FREEBIE i've stayed and try to be active (eventhough most of my posts are gibberish ;))... I've had a run through a few other FREE Hosting Services and i find Asta to be the best in my experience. And for a FREEBIE i'm pretty satisfied with Astahosts services and to answer to the thread's topic question - YES a FREEBIE Hosting is worth it if their Services are as good as Xisto :lol:

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for free hosting and stuff. But we all work for something and in order to be serious it is better to buy the hosting. It's not expensive these days. Hostgator and some other hosts are coming at very low prices and should be considered over free hosting if you have commercial intention and don't want to waste time for posting. If you have free time and want to play with others in forum then by all means consider posting for host. But if you're serious even for minute then buying 5 dollar a month hosting using debit or virtual card is not hard and is better option.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for free hosting and stuff. But we all work for something and in order to be serious it is better to buy the hosting. It's not expensive these days. Hostgator and some other hosts are coming at very low prices and should be considered over free hosting if you have commercial intention and don't want to waste time for posting. If you have free time and want to play with others in forum then by all means consider posting for host. But if you're serious even for minute then buying 5 dollar a month hosting using debit or virtual card is not hard and is better option.

i agree... but then posting for host doesn't really take up much time to be honest... if one can keep up with say 10 to 15 quality posts a week should be sufficient in the long run to credit enough points for keeping your host and also purchase other services...

even for commercial intention, you can still start on a reliable FREE hosting like Asta and make your way to a paid hosting when enough return is accomplished in a regular basis...

Hi, I am new to this concept , although long time ago I saw something -to some extent- similar to this.I agree with what other members had said; that Xisto is very good (Free) hosting service, but if youdecide on commercial endeavor then a (paid) plan is more appropriately - in my opinion-.Paid hosting plans start very cheap and grow with your needs.But always you can stick with the free one without any problem.Some people can not afford having credit cards or don't have access to them or other methods of paying for host,so this service would be for them very welcomed and much hassle free.It's two way exchange :post something that helpful for others and you get credit , a Win-Win situation ;)

..., a Win-Win situation :lol:

in my opinion Xisto is probably the best FREE Webhosting at the moment... go ASTA ;)

i've been with some reliable hosting service before (FREE) but it had a limit of only 250MB... this was a few years ago! i tried googling for them but i think they've either changed name or no longer in service

For me it worth it. With commercial intentions maybe its better the Xisto hosting than the paid hostings because I have some experience with the paid hosting services like hostgator and once you have arrived to the limit of your monthly plan they only give you a few days and then you get your site deleted and all your work lost. So you can also paid the service and I am satisfied with the Xisto hosting and I know that there is a company named Xisto - Web Hosting that sell good hosting plans the same like Xisto because Xisto - Web Hosting is the owner of the Xisto, Xisto and Xisto sites.You have to remember something that makes me to move to this hosting in the first place. When you are posting like in Xisto with the Mycents system you are literally paying for the service because you are investing your time posting here and not everybody have the time and the skill needed like typing to be posting here and get a free web hosting doing that. The Mycents system is the only system that allows you to pay your website hosting posting and this is not a free service because if you don´t make good quality post and don´t visit this site frequently your site will be suspended and you will lose all your traffic and maybe you will lose a lot of rank in the search engines when the robot will be arrived to the suspended page.We are paying for our hosting plans and you have not to forget this. So keep posting making good quality post and please avoid the spam. This is a fantastic forum and we can make it better because in this time Xisto is a better forum than Xisto when in older times when I signed up to the forums opposite was true.