xisto Community
Nintendo

Never Give Out Your Password! For real

Here's a tip: NEVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD OUT.Lols. Never. EVER. EVER. EVER. Unless you make it JUST for that.Also some people save chat logs, don't assume 'they just forgot it'.

Yes that is a good but really obvious tip. My chatlogs on my computer have a password only I know so I don't have my parents going though what I talk about with my friends. Don't expect account to be safe when you give around your password.. Lol I know people who gave out their password, and got all their files deleted.. well what did you expect?

I would hope that this was common sense. It's kind of obvious that passwords are meant to be kept secret, that's the entire point of them. But what are you going to do? There are people who think computer viruses are contractible by humans...

LOL. XDD Funny. It's weird how people give out passwords, knowing that they can be exploited. The same with locker combinations; most of my friends, for some reason, give out their combinations to pretty much the entire school population. Then they complain about how things mysteriously disappear from their locker, like their pens, sweaters, cameras...

And the chat log thing. I save those too. Except no one tells me their passwords through there, so it's not like I have a list of accounts I can hack into whenever I want. But that brings up the point that everyone should watch what they're saying online; in a way, it's like writing a letter to someone - every word you say can potentially be recorded and used against you.

Serena

Well this topic is a bit obvious and I really don't think anyone would be stupid enough to just tell someone their password.But yeah i spose it... helps people wanting to... know.If you wanna keep your stuff safe also then get an encryptor. I used to have a reall good one until my comptuer died and now I forgot what it's called.A password is meant to be a secret only you are meant to know (unless its a shared account for something)

my password is my key to everything, why would i give it out? just plain stupid!as for chat histories - i keep them safe and password protected! Its amazing how many times I have gone back to them just to find websites, names, numbers etc that I have forgotten!-jimmy

Heh I got this one person's pass last night.Its not that hard.As for Nintendo (aka XPKiller)...seems as if he's an idiot according to HellFire121 B) Not just did he give out his pass he never used his hosting and has let it get in the negative.I know its obvious but some people do it. I have given pass(es) to things before, but before I did i changed it to something I don't use often and was ready to change it.

of course, for security purposes, you won't really ever give out your password to anyone you know you wouldn't trust... also, i seldom use those boxes in remembering passwords for your next login especially in shops coz you'll never know who's gonna use next on the pc... yah, just a reminder that if you so had given your password, change it to something they wouldnt guess but also at the same time, something you won't forget coz it happened to me once that i failed to remember what password i changed my account into due to thinking so much of what to replace that they wouldnt guess... XD

and now days i also wouldnt trust firefox password remember situation in the new versions it has a bug where all you need to do is go on run type a command and most passwords come up <_< hope this helps i had done to me :PNick