xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Markymark2

Gamma Server Undergoing Hdd Change Your site and mail etc is down for the time being

Dear Members,
Our Server GAMMA is undergoing a Hard drive change. Some sectors of the Hard disk were found to be inaccessible. We have identified this as an early sign of Disk failure and hence decided to replace the Hard drive.

The entire process involves :-
Purchasing a New drive.
Installing OS and CPanel on this new drive.
Switching it to server.
Copying accounts on this drive.
Mounting this drive as primary.
The entire process can take anywhere from 5-8 hours.

We will try our level best to restore things as fast as possible. Thank you for your support and assistance.
OpaQue.

This was posted over @ Trap 17 4 hours ago, so hopefully not long more to wait.
Marky;)

I can open the cPanel for my site!

But its not looking nice and shows the version info as "cPanel X v2.6.0"

And my disk usage is showing as 0 MB ( It was around 60 MB) and MySQL size is showing as 0.02 MB ( It was greater than 30 MB)

Posted Image

If I try to open the site, then its showing like this

Posted Image

Will I get the files back?? and I don't have any database backup!! :ph34r:

How much time it will take to restore the accounts??

Edited by Niru (see edit history)

you should get everything back the way it was before everything happened!what they do is install the os and apache/cpanel stuff onto the NEW drive then copy the accounts from the OLD drive over to the new drive, so at the moment, your accounts files have not been copied over. give them a while to copy them all over, OpaQue said it could take 5-8 hours to do!what your saying is exactly what im getting also, and i think everyone is. so all we can do is be patient and wait for everything to get back into order!-jimmy

Site is working fine now!!!!

But there is some probs with the database!!!! :)

Showing some error message as can't connect to database server in regular intervals!!!

And the cPanel is not looking good as before !!!! :P

While checking cPanel, the database size is displaying as NA Megabytes!

and showing number of databases as: NA / 99 :ph34r:

Also, phpMyAdmin is not working :P

Hope, the guys will fix the issues soon!!

Niru

Give it a day or two, it happend once before and in a days time it all gets back to how it was. Hdd change on a server takes time and effort which i assume the tech guys over at xisto are working hard. Wait for some time and hopefully things will get sorted out in time :ph34r:RegardsDhanesh.

Aah, it's working all fine for me, and I can say that I really appreciate the new cPanel theme (the default one, if I am not mistaken). The last one, while fully functional, just wasn't professional enough :ph34r: If there is anyone whose account still has some glitch - be patient, it will all be sorted out in a matter of hours, if not minutes.

Ya I noticd this(even though I was negative lol). Also the IOTA or MySql server's Apache says it has been offline for quite a while. Anyways I hope that it will be fixed soon and I will be positive after today!(I hope)*Thinks of a good ps tut to write up* lol.~Zoroseerus a.k.a. Team Destiny07 :ph34r: