xisto Community
SilverFox1405241541

Why Its So Hard To Get Hosting At Astahost Feedback and some suggestions

It is very true, that Xisto is not really hard to get hosted you just have to have the patience. I remember when I requested to be hosted it was too soon and I was basically just posted a lot of useless things just to get the required credits to get a hosting account. But once you get hosted, the most difficult part is to keep your hosting credits up. I always somehow forget to post here to maintain a good amount of credits so that I can keep my host credits at safe range. But almost all the time I always let my credits get near 0, which would automatically turn off my host for my website, and I have to make sure I post something to keep my hosting up, but when I do I would have to wait at least an hour before hosting for my website is up.So basically getting hosted here is not so difficult its maintaining the host that is the challenge. You will notice that you will get caught up in your life patterns before you can remember that "Oh, I forgot to post something or my website will die." You also end up being tempted to spam or plagerize something just to keep you hosting credits up, but for fare warning, doing so will immediatly shut off your hosting service and may also include a ban from hosting, take it from me I remember doing it during them desperate moments when I didnt have time to post. But if you look at things from a different perspective this is basically the first place that provides freehosting at a reasonable agreement. All you need to do is post. Its not like you have to pay anything, so Xisto is indeed the best I have found and I dont think I would probably go anywhere else.Plus from reading the threads along you can learn so much here, there is a lot of geniuses here as well as talented people. SO there is really no reason why this forum shouldnt always be frequently browsed. Everytime I go here I learn something new, or even better for me I can help a peer out with his problems in which I may have some expertise here.

Building up credits isn't hard, I have like 80

Just so you know, your credits will drop to 3.00 once you get approved for hosting ;)

Building up credits isn't hard, I have like 80, but building up QUALITY credits is harder. But I am glad this got some feedback and people thinking ;)

hey.. you can always open your new topics.. it is not hard to maintain hosting here.. you just need to visit. and old topics that got buried somewhere can have a reincarnation. well, since asta is tech oriented, as time goes by new and newer technology arises.

and if you cant find something to post at, then ask questions.. you can earn points and credits doing so.. that is what asta is for.. people asking and people giving answer.

-------

pyost said.. you points will drop to 3 after you sign up for hosting.. so better stop accumulating points. accumulate points once you are hosted.

When I first joined I read almost every sticky post I could find. One phrase that stuck with me went something like 'take your time posting, get to know the forum'. I don't post a lot, but I post steadily. I keep a week+ most of the time. I see a lot of questions without answers, perhaps if people who found their answers elsewhere come back to post the answers more people would use the forum as a resource and increase their credits as well.What if we think of a project to work on, then all posting could count towards hosting credits. Or have the mods approve projects to have a forum if they meet certain criteria. Could be interesting.-Jordan

Edited by vitorious (see edit history)

Firstly, to Silverfox : Dude, its not hard to get hosted at Xisto! ;) Wake up! The first 30 (or 10) credits come in a jiffy, and you're new to the forums anyway, so you'd get hosted in a short while.

As others have mentioned, the hard part is to maintain your account here. The credits system is a novel idea to pour in for hosting, I appreciate it and so do the members happily hosted here! ;) From the looks of it - its pretty evident that Xisto seeks to provide quality free hosting to technically-minded people. If that doesn't come as a part of the T&C, then the nature of the forums couldn't make it more evident. Take a look at the sites that are hosted on Xisto. Most of them are technically, and maintain the same standards as the Xisto Website. Its ll about quality here. Its got to be in your veins : you make quality posts, you get a quality hosting account, you end up having a quality website! That's all there is to it! ;)

If I remember well, SilverFox, you said that there is nothing to write about, since it is all already here, right? Wrong! While there might be all the possible discussion topics (which I highly doubt), there aren't enough tutorial to cover all the existing technologies. Now, I'm am sure there is an area you are good at which hasn't been covered. If there is such - just write a lengthy tutorial and get 10 or more points for one post ;) Just give it the best you've got.

Hi -----I have been trying to get a web site for several days. I don't understand why it is taking so long --- I see that most users get approved or denied in a day or so. What am I doing wrong? I have more than 45 points. I have been making long posts.What else is there? Doveshire Designs (Jean)

you could wait? it will happen eventually, it takes a few days or so normally.oh and its not hard to get hosting here. just follow the rules, have enough hosting credit and apply. it seems like most people get approved now. when i applied, alot of people were getting denied and i worried that i would (but i didnt). now most people get approved, just give the admins some time.