xisto Community
ethergeek

Oracle 10g Install Issues

hmmmm ok. did anyone have oracle 10g installation manuals . share the link of these manual with us.

The manuals are here: http://docs.oracle.com/

I need some help with the above. I installed the wrong version before and now I can't get it uninstalled from the system for me to install the right version.

You have first to run the Oracle Installer ("start", "All programs", "Oracle", until reaching the installer). Then choose the "Installed Products", it will show all the (wrongly) installed products, check what you don't want any more, and you will see that "uninstall" will be accessible.By the way, you don't need to uninstall the development environment before installing the database. These are independent, you can have both or have each one.
Hope this helped.
Yordan

Distributed Configuration Management tool is not installed after installing Oracle Application server 10gOracle 10g Install Issues

Hi All,

I installed Oracle Application server 10g Release 3 on my machine. The document says that the Distributed Configuration Management(DCM) will get installed during the installation. But, I don't see it after the installation is done.

Can anyone please guide me as to where I am going wrong??

TIA,

Mamatha

So I'm trying to install 10g on my XP Pro development box, and the install goes fine (I do the basic install of enterprise edition, I'm by no means an oracle expert) and when it gets to the part where it wants to create a database, the database creation assistant fails saying first that it cannot retrieve credentials, and then that it can't connect to ORACLE (I'm assuming this is the instance name).
Anyone have *any* idea what's going on here?

while installing itself you need to set the passwords to access your database like the sysman sysadm etc set all the passwords to the desired one to access your database
whatever it might be the oracle 10g doesn't work without those passwords

No oracle services are visible even after successful installation of oracle10gOracle 10g Install Issues

Oracle 10g was installed succesfully on a windows standalone machine with admin user. I selected advance installation option and selected install only software option. Oracle installed successfully. But no service is visible in the services section, not even listener is started. I never faced this sort of problem with oracle9i. 

-reply by srikanth

No oracle services are visible even after successful installation of oracle10gOracle 10g Install Issues

Oracle 10g was installed successfully on a windows standalone machine with admin user. I selected advance installation option and selected install only software option. Oracle installed successfully. But no service is visible in the services section, not even listener is started. I never faced this sort of problem with oracle9i. 

-question by srikanth

PLOBLEM WHILE INSTALLING ORACLE 10G IN WINDOWS XP2Oracle 10g Install Issues

I GOT THIS ERROR ON ORACLE 10g INSTALLATION IN WINDOWS XP2

ERROR : Eoracleproduct10.1.0db_1javavmadminclasses.Bin [invalid distance code]

so please reply the solution, thank you.

-reply by rajesh

Before doing that, be sure that you have enough momory for starting up Oracle. Read the manuals, and the minimum needed configuration. Oracle 10 starts a lot of services, you should have memory room for all of them.A virtual machine probably does not have enough memory for that.And in a real machine, you could have problems with no permission for starting each service.

how to remove oracle files from computer after even unistall it.Oracle 10g Install Issues

hi 

I uninstalled oracle 11 g last mont from my system because of space paucity, but now I need it again and when I run the disk it shows a Data error( crc check). In my hard disk I still have oracle files I tries to delete then they didnt go any where. So plese tell me how I delete them

thanks

C:UsersdeswalDesktop

-question by amar

Installing Oracle XEOracle 10g Install Issues

I downloaded Oracle XE. Then I double-clicked on it to run it but a dialog box comes up asking me to pick software to open it. I have Windows XP.  

-question by Peter de Luca

universal installOracle 10g Install Issues

I GOT THIS ERROR ON ORACLE 10g INSTALLATION IN WINDOWS XP sp3Error in F:oracleproduct10.1.0db_1javavmadminclasses.Bin'.[invalid entry size (expected 62208454 but got 62208439 bytes)]

-reply by Sherif

Oracle 10g R2 Installation fails on XP SP3 Oracle 10g Install Issues

Hello,I`m trying to install an Oracle v.10.2.0.1 Client on some XP SP3 Windows Clients. Everytime I run setup on clients, there was an error in writing into directory "C:Documents and settings%Username%...TempOraInstall2009-04-24_02-13-26PM Wat I hv to do...

-reply by tamil

hi everyone, i'm using linux, i have installed oracle universe 10g on my computer but i still can't login with the password that i provide while installing so please somebody help me

hi everyone, i'm using linux, i have installed oracle universe 10g on my computer but i still can't login with the password that i provide while installing so please somebody help me

You can't login to what?
Can't login to Linux, or can't login to oracle?
If you can't login to Linux, you have to log in as root and change the "oracle" user password.
If you can't log to oracle, please tell us, it's another trick.